Schumi is back

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Michael Schumacher is to sensationally come out of retirement to race for Ferrari in the absence of the injured Felipe Massa.

Seven-times world champion Schumacher, now 40, has not driven competitively since the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix in October 2006.

But Schumacher, who won five of his titles with Ferrari and who has been acting as an advisor to the team of late, will race in the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23.

"Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro intends to put Michael Schumacher in Felipe Massa's car until the Brazilian driver will be able to race again," Ferrari confirmed in a statement.

"Michael Schumacher said he is ready and, over the next few days, will undertake a specific training programme at the end of which confirmation will be given of his participation in the championship with effect from the European Grand Prix on the 23rd of August."

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
As quoted on his official site

"The most important thing first: thanks God, all news concerning Felipe are positive. I wish him all the best again.

I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe. Though it is true that the chapter Formula 1 has been closed for me since long and completely, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

P

pcfan123

Eh I used to watch f1 religiously until this year. All the rule changes have really turned me off. Will definitly be watching again to see how schumi goes.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Never like it when people come out of retirement, but I doubt Schumi will win another race anyways given that Ferrari have already started working on next season's car.

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
Hmm I dont really like f1 but Schumacher coming out of retirement sounds like corking fun :D

Will definatley be watching to see how he does :D

Mercules

Club Cricketer
I will lol if he epically fails without a great car underneath him.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I use to watch F1 with my dad all the time when Shumacher was racing, I haven't watched it for a few years though. Hopefully he does well but isn't Ferrari rubbish now?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Kimi is rubbish. Massa has been doing well with that scarlet machine.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well Schumi is driving his old 2007 Ferrari to get back in to race fitness and practice F1 car. This because FiA does not allow testing in season.

Users who are viewing this thread