Story Scotland play Natwest ICC Knockout Trophy

Who is the Man of the Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
What you've all been waiting for is finally here. Thanks to Ryand (and me) Scotland are ready to take on the might of the test nations in the 2005 Natwest ICC Knockout Trophy.
Fixtures are below:

standings.jpg

For this knockout I will be using:
Real Scotland kit
Edited Scotland exe (means I can't use runout one :()
Boss's AI patch
Natwest stumps and pitchad
Kits Update
2GB Bat Pack
ICC Umpire faces and kits
Sky Sports overlays
Updated roster.pak (added to by Ryand)
Alternative Ad board pack
Steve's stereo crowd sounds
Boss's edited fields
and anything else I can think of to make the game more fun...

It's a tough match first up (in fact this could be a very short tournament from my point of view):

match1.jpg

Conditions
Pitch: normal
Weather: overcast with a chance of rain

Craig Wright won the toss and put the Australians in.

C.W: With the overhead conditions as they are we though we'd make the most of the early movement and put the Aussies in.
R.P: We'll obviously be looking for a total in the region of 350. We'd probably have elected to bowl first if we'd won the toss. You know, keep the game short and all.

Adam Gilchrist came out with Ricky Ponting's words in his ears, taking 10 off the first over. John Blain though, with only his 3rd delivery in the second over crashed into Matthew Hayden's offstump with a pearler that pitched on middle and leg, and hit off. Hayden, nowhere near it:

haydenbowled.jpg

More later... (apologies for Totesport pitch ad. The groundstaff got a bit confused but have managed to replace it with a Natwest one).

This match could take a while or be the most frustrating in history. Because I am using an edited exe I am having runout bug problems. I'm saving every over in case the computer does anything stupid. I've just given up for the time being as the computer has contrived to run themselves out 5 times in the same over. Usually on the 6th ball after I've bowled a tight over whereupon I have to quit, restart the over and let them run themselves out all over again. The words 'head' and 'brick wall' seem apt.
It's not even to mid on or off everytime. They're contriving to run themselves out all over the park! :crying

lol, good wicket to start it off, i will probrably never ever say this again but COME ON SCOTLAND!!!

Scotland Saltires

Hi, I have just noticed this thread and have enjoyed reading it so far. I hope barmyarmy has many more Scotland Saltires stories for us in the future! :clap

Here's the 15 over update. I'd just like to say first up that in the 15 overs Australia had an incredible 8 runouts (mostly off the 4th and 5th balls) so I feel like I've bowled about 30.

Gilchrist continued to take the bowlers on with Ponting looking solid but not as adventurous. After hitting a beautiful cover drive for 4, Ponting tried to flick Blain through square leg but it took the edge through to the keeper.
Meanwhile Gilchrist had been hitting confidentally and was going along at a run a ball despite surviving a confident lbw shout:

gillylbwshout.jpg

However, disaster struck in the very next over after Ponting's dismissal. Looking to lace Hoffman through the covers again, Gilchrist was deceived by a clever slower ball and clean bowled.

gillybowled.jpg

gillybowled2.jpg

gillywalking.jpg

The new pair, Martyn and Symonds, took attack to be the best form of defence and continued the 7 an over runrate. Symond's mixing play and misses with beautiful cuts:

symonds.jpg

It was Martyn though who gave away his wicket after the pair had put on 39 runs together. He mis-timed a good length ball from the immaculate Hoffman and was caught in the covers.

martyncaught.jpg

martynwalking.jpg

At the 15 over mark then, Australia are 96/4 - a runrate of 6.4 an over

15overhub.jpg

It is crucial for Australia that Symonds and Lehmann stay in and provide a platform for players like Clarke to score heavily off late on:

15overscorecard.jpg

The bowling from Scotland has been generally accurate and they've picked up wickets at just the right moments. Paul Hoffman has stood out for his long spell where the Aussies have found it very hard to get him away.

15overbowling.jpg

Manhattan and Heartbeat

15overstats.jpg

Tune in tomorrow for the completion of the Australian Innings.

(sorry for three posts: I don't have the permissions to post so many IMG tags in one :p)

Looking nice, Colin. Nice to see the Scots back in the fold, and what a first match, against the World Champions!!

Well done mate, to have picked up 4 wickets, using county level bowlers, and against world class batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread