Semi Final 1: Pakistan vs South Africa

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
this sky dudes are blaming JP? wtf. lol they are saying, JP told Kallis to "hit out or get out"

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
10-15 games. Three years ;)

Vettori used to be awesome until a couple of months back when India hunted the kiwis down in their own backyard.vettu is still a great bowler,but not better than afridi. Vettori's standards didn't drop.its just that the batsmen are getting used to his bag of tricks and also, afridi has raised his standard to match that of vettu,if not better. Take any game of this WT20 (or even the chapal cup in UAE).Has any batsman looked atleast comfortable,let alone dominate against afridi? A big no! vettori,however had it from viru in the 4th ODI and pathan in IPL. when was the last time someone looked comfortable against afridi? 

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Great win of Pakistan. I myself didn't even expect this. But during the match I found out that batting isn't that easy. Malik said it during an boundary interview at the end of Pakistan's innings.

The annoying thing is that twice my internet broke down. South Africa were at one stage at 39-0 after 5 overs and then it happened the first time. When it was on again, it was suddenly 50-3 for South Africa. The second time it happenned when there was ONE ball left to go in the match. It's really annoying to see your internet broken down, when there is only one ball to go. I've finally fixed it and see that Pakistan has won.

Anyway, South Africa did a good job chasing that target. But it seems Pakistan's bowling is really good nowadays. I didn't expect them to do so well against the batsmen of probably the best team overall in the world.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Vettori used to be awesome until a couple of months back when India hunted the kiwis down in their own backyard.vettu is still a great bowler,but not better than afridi. Vettori's standards didn't drop.its just that the batsmen are getting used to his bag of tricks and also, afridi has raised his standard to match that of vettu,if not better. Take any game of this WT20 (or even the chapal cup in UAE).Has any batsman looked atleast comfortable,let alone dominate against afridi? A big no! vettori,however had it from viru in the 4th ODI and pathan in IPL. when was the last time someone looked comfortable against afridi? 

Afridi is bowling well no doubt, but bowling well against Australia isn't that great as their player's aren't the best against spin bowling. If Afridi is still bowling this well in 6-12 months then maybe yes, but he has to face better players of spin first.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
He did brilliantly against india in the warm up game and sri lanka in the super 8 stage.didn't he? What else do you want? Yes,i agree with you that he just needs to continue this bowling form for another 6-12 months to be considered as a premier spin bowler! I just got amazed at his consistency against all the teams!

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Umer gul. You beauty! How good at reverse swing you are!! I don't doubt his ability to reverse swing the ball naturally any more! if he is this lethal with the reverse swing in a T20 game,imagine what he can do with an older ball in ODIs and tests! What a bowler he is! Best fast bowler in the world at the moment!

stefan

International Coach
Well done to pakistan but SA choked.

Facts are even before the game we knew how gul would bowl and that the spinners would be difficult on that pitch. We needed to go hard up front and morkel needed to come in ahead of duminy.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Although Pakistan won, some things have to be set.

Like for example, Gul bowled only 3 overs. Also Alam bowled as 7th bowler, while it wasn't even needed. When Alam started to bowl, Younis Khan easily could have Gul the ball, so he could finish his quota. But maybe he wanted Gul to bowl penultimate over, but still he could have gone for another bowler, like Razzaq or Malik.

Also Aamer gave 15 runs away in the last over. That's a bit too much. Luckily there were enough runs on the board, but in a normal circumstances the match would have been lost.

Also Misbah-ul-Haq didn't bat. He is the normally the best Twenty20 batsman, but Razzaq was sent ahead. But he didn't hit any boundary.

Good thing is that Afridi batted wisely. But he didn't have to swing when Duminy bowled a full toss at him.

yakuza003

Club Cricketer
come on man give some credit to your team, to their mentality how they came in the tournament and how well they played against the best team in the world, south africa didnt loss any matches in this tournament and pakistan beat them, it was great affort. inshalla pakistan will win the world cup, i want them against sri lanka, as pakistan has un finished business with them.

I do agree luck is the factor but it doesnt come if you dont try and pakistan did try !!

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Yes. I think younis khan is making too many mistakes as a captain besides quoting controversial things. Misbah or kamran will be a good captain.

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Although Pakistan won, some things have to be set.

Like for example, Gul bowled only 3 overs. Also Alam bowled as 7th bowler, while it wasn't even needed. When Alam started to bowl, Younis Khan easily could have Gul the ball, so he could finish his quota. But maybe he wanted Gul to bowl penultimate over, but still he could have gone for another bowler, like Razzaq or Malik.

Also Aamer gave 15 runs away in the last over. That's a bit too much. Luckily there were enough runs on the board, but in a normal circumstances the match would have been lost.

Also Misbah-ul-Haq didn't bat. He is the normally the best Twenty20 batsman, but Razzaq was sent ahead. But he didn't hit any boundary.

Good thing is that Afridi batted wisely. But he didn't have to swing when Duminy bowled a full toss at him.

You seem a bit too critical, dude. Just enjoy the moment.

I agree Fawad was a big tactical error- Malik could have been utilised. Can't be too harsh on Aamer though- he is only seventeen! I don't like the way Younis Khan had a real go at him for missing the run-out after he had injured his hand was a bit out of order.

Afridi was amazing today. He is a one-man maelstrom of carnage and today he harnessed his full potential and boy was he electrifying. I can't find adequate words to praise his performance in a just manner.

"King of Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi and Nottingham" indeed.

n3wu$3r

Club Captain
zahid bro i think it was a good option to send razzaq thier...misbah is not in his best touch yet...razzaq can hit it long.....the SA bowlers were brilliant at the death....my GOD they were damn accurate...u cant hit a yorker for a six..i think sending malik at 3 was kinda weird...malik seriously is a turtle these days....but he did his job he hung on with afridi till the end..but he seriously didn look in good shape though....

giving that over to fawad was the most surprising decision of the whole game....tht lad hadn't bowled a ball before in the whole tournment...and giving him the ball,ehh....i dont no what khan was thinking....but there must have been something that he gave him the ball...i guess the ball was turning thats why he tryed him...nevertheless PAK won.....supreme bowling by afridi and gulllaa....dont forget he was the one who gave 6 runs in that last over..one yorker after another...he seriously has troubled everyone with his reverse swing..

Saeed Ajmal and Shahid Afridi the SA cambo was too good for SA

hey ajmal afridi abdul razzaq and aamir for IPL 3....:D

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Well done Pakistan. This is just what the doctor ordered after the debacles over the past few months.

Umar Gul was ridiculous. Those late swinging yorkers were incredible. He bowled 6 perfect deliveries in the penultimate over.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
no have to go with ZZ here, if they had lost, people would have bashed Khan for giving the ball to a 7th and a irregular bowler, and not bowling Gul for 4 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread