Semi Final 1: Pakistan vs South Africa

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
well it's pretty obvious he didn't mean to say that and it was probably a reaction to a bad loss..it was wrong thing to say. But obviously he cares otherwise we wouldn't be in the final right now. Pakistan played well today against a strong SA team and deserve their spot in the Finals. Whether they win it or not is another story.

You can be as bitter as you want, it does not matter...all the matters is that Pak has a chance to win something finally.

They had the same chance last time as well :p. Just kidding.

Go Pakistan! I always support Pakistan unless they are playing India and this time is no different.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really think it's fair enough i'm bitter about this. They obviously didn't care about the tournament, so tell me why they deserve a spot? Whether we'd lost or won or whatever i'd have said the same thing. Before the NZ PAK match and right after Younis said T20 was just for fun and they're not taking it seriously or whatever after the England loss I posted something similar.

Fact is, SA are a better side, but T20 means any side can win.

Anyone who is playing for fun and doesn't care about winning isn't playing for the right reasons. You're out there representing your country.

well it's pretty obvious he didn't mean to say that and it was probably a reaction to a bad loss..it was wrong thing to say. But obviously he cares otherwise we wouldn't be in the final right now. Pakistan played well today against a strong SA team and deserve their spot in the Finals. Whether they win it or not is another story.

You can be as bitter as you want, it does not matter...all the matters is that Pak has a chance to win something finally.

Yes, SA is a better side till they choke :p

And guys, Younus made no mistake, he again said T20 is entertainment cricket, and that anyone can win on their day. Ali, he again after the semi final said T20 is entertainment, and he does not attach much importance to it.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
"Y. Khan Cares or not" doesnt not determinant their spot at the final.

Pakistan played good cricket = where they are right now. a spot at the final.

it doesnt matter Whether they care about it or not. they are taking this T20 lightly (as it should be), having some fun, and still playing good cricket, performing. they didnt just give up. and thats why they are at where they are

some of you really needs to stop whinning, and stop feeling bad about other teams success.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Once a ******* again we choke. I was hoping T20 would be too short so that they would not have enough tine to choke but they just play worse to counter that. It is not worth watching a semifinal as a South African, we know the result a good old choke.

Anyways Afridi was brilliant, we couldn't play him. Smith and Kallis should have gone after the new ball bowlers because they knew the spinners would tie them down. The only positive was our death bowling.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
As a kiwi fan,i too feel a bit bitter,not because we lost to pakistan,but because we played some pathetic cricket in the super 8 stage(barring against ireland).you missed a trick here mate.younus khan was just lying about the fact that they play the game just for fun, so that no one expects much from them and thus,reduced pressure. Its a bit like when dhoni said they were the underdogs against NZ. I really feel younis khan must stop talking to the press until he learns a thing or two about it, speaking proper english being one of them.younis khan did not mean what he said and that's the bottom line.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Younus DID mean what he said, because he reiterated that T20 is "fun cricket" / entertainment.

Unless he's messed up three times now...

And once again, I attempt to explain this to blind people, he backs up the point that T20 is "fun cricket" because arguably the top 3 teams of international cricket (Australia, India, and South Africa) are not in the final.

King Cricket

International Coach
Well played Pakistan! They deserved to win this, will be good if they go on to win the Cup. Decent stuff by YK's boys. Afridi was brilliant, good to see him getting a big score after such a long long time. And God knows what happens to South Africa whenever they reach the semis! Really, this is so very weird. 92, 99, 07, now 09- played brilliantly throughout these World Cups- but in the semis...a big thump. Wow!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great win for Pakistan,hope we can lift cup this time.Well reading all the post here in the thread I came to know that lots of people are just jealous of this victory.Leave this mates you should encourage the winners.Certainly they out class SA,their spinners were no way near to Pakistan Gull is surely be the number one bowler in Upcoming days.Afridi if continuing its great form will really be the best All rounder and the big news is that they are playing as one unit.
3 Cheers for Pakistan
Hip Hip Hurraaahhh!!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Younis should keep the "T20 is fun cricket" thing down because he might get rapped on the knuckles by PCB and/or his country people (who will think that he is devaluing a big achievement). Though I like the fact that he stays by that statement he made (this guy is similar to Dhoni in that when he does something and if he feels it right, he backs it even when it goes wrong), he should keep it down to avoid problems with his own people.

When Pakistan completed the final ball, Younis didnt show any big reaction and just walked towards his team in an emotionless manner. That proved me wrong (that Younis said that statement just to handle Pakistan's potential exit before the Super Eights).

assassin_csh

School Cricketer
well he is! But i cant understand why always South Africa chokes. I mean they are a better team, In fact they were the favorites to win this title. And personally, i being a Pakistani also thought a few days earlier that South Africans are not letting this chance pass away and that they'll be thrashing Pakistan out of this race. But the opposite happened.:rolleyes:

jordox

International Cricketer
I really like Younis, I get good vibes from him.

I hope the media don't take a big deal out of what he said, he's a brilliant player and a great person.

jordox added 12 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

ha ha ha ha in your face sandeep and all those dicks who thought pakistan couldent make it to the final!!!! ure eating your words now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SA are Chooooooookers..... SA are Chooooooookers..... SA are Chooooooookers..... SA are Chooooooookers..... SA are Chooooooookers..... SA are Chooooooookers.....

:rolleyes:

Your team wins, so you make immature attacks against the other team. Why?

Grow up.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I really like Younis, I get good vibes from him.

I hope the media don't take a big deal out of what he said, he's a brilliant player and a great person.

jordox added 12 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

:rolleyes:

Your team wins, so you make immature attacks against the other team. Why?

Grow up.
Well.. alot of people did write off Pakistan prior to this tournament and game.

puneet28

Club Captain
once again south-africans proved their label - chokers.

also Pakistan proved that only that team wins which performs on match day not in past

Highlander999

ICC President
It really is fantastic to see Pakistan doing so well. No one would have thought that they would be in the final at the beginning of the tournament and they have really shut their critics up. Afridi has been awesome with the ball and now looks like he has got his batting back. Umer Gul though has just been on another level from the batsmen. He has become one of the best death bowlers in international cricket now, and there was just no way that Duminy and Morkel could have got him away to the rope in that penultimate over, obviously someone saying they should try and scoop him away, has never played cricket as it would be impossible to get a ball swinging into your toes away like that.

I really hope Pakistan win this tournament, not just for what it means for the cricket team, but also it might help back in Pakistan with Pakistani's seeing their team getting some national pride back. I do hope Pakistan play some more matches in England, they have been fantastic to watch, but also the level of support from their fans has been very admirable.

Users who are viewing this thread