IPL Semifinal 2: CSK vs DC| DY Patil Stadium|22 April, 8 Pm|

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is the second semifinal between the teams placed at 2nd and 3rd on points table.

chennai-superkings-cricket-ipl-logo.png
V
deccn+chargers+logo.JPG

Strengths:

decanfix.png

Their Batting lineup has been their biggest strength. They have defended very low scores very cleanly.
cskfix.png

Their Batting with the likes of Haydos, Raina and Dhoni. All batsmen are in form. Bollinger has been a revelation.

Weaknesses:

decanfix.png

Their Batting has crashed many times. Gilly is not in form.
cskfix.png

Their bowling has let them down in the tournament. They are still lacking a strike bowler and bowling at death and in powerplays has been bad.

Player to Watch out for:

decanfix.png

407333.html
407687.html

cskfix.png

407656.html
406125.html

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I will always support Chennai Super Kings, no matter what!

We have a good chance this time too. We have just come off a adrenaline pumping win against Punjab. Never saw the Chennai boys celebrate as much as they did when they won against Punjab last game. Dhoni was also pumped. I am guessing that the pumped up mood will lift the team a lot and inspire them to go all the way through. So DC BEWARE!!!

But it will be a cracking contest. Top players from both sides (Hayden, Dhoni, Raina, Vijay, Bollinger vs Symonds, Gilly, Rohit, Vaas, etc). We havent beat DC in this competition so far. What better way to correct that blip by beating them in the most important match of all, a SEMIFINAL.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Beat CSK, Beat CSK.

I dont like both teams but CSK is at number 8 in likeliness.

P

pcfan123

DC is an interesting story. On paper they are strong as hell but in reality they are underdogs in almost all the games they play.

I think hope they will win this year :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Beat CSK, Beat CSK.

I dont like both teams but CSK is at number 8 in likeliness.

Yeah, I sympathize with you. You were wishing that KXIP beat us both times this year after that 'escape of a win' at Chennai in the first match. Now that we beat you last game, your dislike for our team is bound to be at an all time high.:laugh:p

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I can't hear you Sid. Our 7-1 record vs Punjab is just too loud. ;)

Man, I really hate DC. They don't even play many local players, just Aussies and random Indians from Punjab.

Plus they have Rohit Sharma. Hate him with a fiery passion.

CSK CANNOT lose this. I will flip out. I'm willing to drop Hayden, he hasn't done shiz this time around.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Man, I really hate DC. They don't even play many local players, just Aussies and random Indians from Punjab.

CSK CANNOT lose this. I will flip out. I'm willing to drop Hayden, he hasn't done shiz this time around.

Hayden to thrash DC like DC did to DD with help of Gilly ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I want Chennai to come good here. They have played really well in the latter part of the IPL. But something tells me Gilly is going to play a spoil spot.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hope for the best!!

But the best thing is that IPL is getting over!!

Want some International Action!!! T20 WC is just the best way to start!!!

Then Zimbabwe series for India then Asia Cup Followed By Srilanka Tour for 3 test 5 odi and a tri series with NZ and then much awaited bu me!!

NZ Series 5 ODI 3 Test and 1 T20

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

I hope for the same too. But I wont afford to drop Hayden at this moment, especially since we dont have an able replacement for him (without weakening our batting). We are doing well with Hayden's contribution this time due to the exploits of Vijay, Raina, Dhoni and Morkel. If Hayden clicks, we will be at a great position.

@ Rohit: Your name clone 'Rohit' Sharma has actually done well this IPL. Has played a few good knocks and helped Deccan get close to, or win some games.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I want Chennai to come good here. They have played really well in the latter part of the IPL. But something tells me Gilly is going to play a spoil spot.

Again, they are a home tiger team (just like Mumbai). DC have had no home support this time (due to no Hyderabad games) and they have done much better than CSK in terms of games won. So DC have a better record of playing in alien conditions than CSK. Hope this record is of no use when these teams face off in the semis.

Users who are viewing this thread