Semifinalists?

Which teams do you think will reach the semifinals of the tournament?

• Total voters

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@ Insomniac: No need of a Super 6's then. After having two groups of 6 teams playing each other, they can have a quarterfinal, semifinal and the final (3 more games to decide the winner). That will be a good format. Have the quarter, semis and final at good timings for TV viewers.

deathrevenge9

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well Pakistan has somehow made it to the Semi's.
Now I think we have a great chance to reach in the finals (Yes,We can beat Aussies).

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The format is a joke, Pakistan win ONE game of note and are in the semis! :eek:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^ It's Joke because it is Pakistan who qualify by this joke format??isn't it.
All three teams(NZ,SAF,PAK) won one each so it must be joke if any of these three edge into Semi's.
Pakistan played well in the match which counts the most for them while SA and NZ played poorly in the match which was counted as do or die for them so whatever it is, the hard end of the story is Pakistan deserve the most out of these three.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
^^^ No.
In the first stage NZ beat both SL and ZMB, two pretty decent T20 sides, and then beat PAK in the second stage.
PAK won one group match in the first stage against Bangladesh, and one match in the second stage, and they are in the semi.
I think points should have been carried forward from the first round, which would mean a more deserving team such as NZ would go through, and it would not go down to NRR.

If points were carried through to the second stage, our group would go:

ENG - 6+1=7
NZ - 2+4=6
PAK - 2+2=4
SA - 2+2=4

That way teams are actually separated fairly, and it doesn't come down to this NRR stuff.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
^^^ No.
In the first stage NZ beat both SL and ZMB, two pretty decent T20 sides, and then beat PAK in the second stage.
PAK won one group match in the first stage against Bangladesh, and one match in the second stage, and they are in the semi.
I think points should have been carried forward from the first round, which would mean a more deserving team such as NZ would go through, and it would not go down to NRR.

ENG - 6+1=7
NZ - 2+4=6
PAK - 2+2=4
SA - 2+2=4

That way teams are actually separated fairly, and it doesn't come down to this NRR stuff.

Me to is with you on this point carry system, isn't it was in last two WCs?

send2yaari added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Actually this predefined seeding favored us a lot except having Aussies in the pool.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yea they should have kept that which still would have worked with the pre determined seeding.

That would`nt have worked with the pre-determinced seedings. In India`s group, 3 out of 4 sides finished first in the group stage whereas in the other group 3 out of 4 sides finished second in their group. Makes it pretty lopsided.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That would`nt have worked with the pre-determinced seedings. In India`s group, 3 out of 4 sides finished first in the group stage whereas in the other group 3 out of 4 sides finished second in their group. Makes it pretty lopsided.

Not really:
India 0 + 4 = 4
Sri Lanka 2 + 2 = 4
West Indies 2 + 4 = 6
Australia 4 + 4 = 8

So really its the same situation, Australia beats WI it becomes a NRR.

Chewie

BCCI President
^^^ No.

ENG - 6+1=7
NZ - 2+4=6
PAK - 2+2=4
SA - 2+2=4

I totally agree, and as I pointed out before, Pakistan have lost more games than they have won in this tournament, and yet the are through to the next round :facepalm

England should have lost to NZ on purpose so that we could beat Australia for them :laugh

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The format is a joke, Pakistan win ONE game of note and are in the semis! :eek:

Pakistan did not design this format. Anyways nice to see Pakistan being responsible (be it indirectly) for another KIWI exit ;).

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
WTF!!!

If Pakistan have done better than NewZealand in the Super 8(main event), then why members are going mad.
It's just like that New Zealand couldn't win their main last match and made an exit.
Pakistan did that and reached the semis.
WTF!!! From where the group stages thingy came?

anyway, looking for India. Don't know whether they will qualify or not? Actually I know it.:noway

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
WTF!!!

If Pakistan have done better than NewZealand in the Super 8(main event), then why members are going mad.
It's just like that New Zealand couldn't win their main last match and made an exit.
Pakistan did that and reached the semis.
WTF!!! From where the group stages thingy came?

anyway, looking for India. Don't know whether they will qualify or not? Actually I know it.:noway

Well some kiwi fans are arguing since they won more matches than Pakistan, its their team that should have qualified. Its just frustration that gets better of people. I understand their sentiments.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Pfft, I feel for you NZ fans when you say you have been hard-done by, but hey you beat Sri Lanka and Zimbawe, folks. We have beaten a much stronger Lankan side in last years final and then at their home as well. We were in a tougher group then you and hence we lost to Australia.

I do think points should be carried forward as well, but we were the better team when it mattered in the Super 8s and rightly deserved to progress to the next rounds. You guys may have forgotten what SA had to go through in the 2007 WC. IIRC they lost one game and they were out.

I think Bonus Points system should be introduced in the WCs, Its pretty important in diffrentiating between teams with the same no. of wins.

Users who are viewing this thread