Shahid Afridi V Yuvraj Singh

Who would you rather have in your side?

• Total voters

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who would you rather have in your side? Yuvraj's ability to demolish a who bowling line up or Afridi's deadly drfiters?

Ari

International Cricketer
Kinda pointless to compare them one is a bowling allrounder and the other is a batsman that bowls pies.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Ok then. Put it this way. If you had to pick a No.7 in your line up. You either go for 7 Batsmen or the extra bowler (bowling allrounder). Who would you think would benefit your side most?

Ari

International Cricketer
Ok then. Put it this way. If you had to pick a No.7 in your line up. You either go for 7 Batsmen or the extra bowler (bowling allrounder). Who would you think would benefit your side most?

Afridi easily then shouldn't need 7 fulltime batsman in any team.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Awful comparison. One's a batsman that bowls part-time pie, and the other has turned himself into a pure bowler that bats a bit.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anytime yuvraj shahd afridi is now just bowler not such good batsmen but yuvi has great batting ability and is realy really fine bowler yuvraj for me:hpraise

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Awful comparison. One's a batsman that bowls part-time pie, and the other has turned himself into a pure bowler that bats a bit.

It's not really a comparison. I just want to know, if you had to pick, who you would rather have in your line-up.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi is likeable. UV is a big fat obese pile of absolute nobheadedness who thinks he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

So yeah, Afridi.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Afridi is likeable. UV is a big fat obese pile of absolute nobheadedness who thinks he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

So yeah, Afridi.

So true. I watched UV and his attitude through the IPL, shaking his head when his team mates made mistake and just being an utter tosser. Then he'd get a wicket and run around the boundary line like he was some kind of legendary off spinner.

Loving Afridi's spinners at the moment too, so him.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What a crappy comparison (sorry Leggie, I feel it is!). Comparing both as a batsman, Yuvraj is way way ahead right now (Afridi has had a few T20 innings in the semifinal and final that could give him some backup in the argument, but Yuvraj has been a superstar ODI and T20 batsman). Before the 2007 T20 World Cup, if you asked me who could hit sixes (and the big hits) better, I would have closed my eyes and said Afridi. But Yuvraj changed all that. Right now, I will close my eyes and say that Yuvraj is the better and the more ferocious hitter of the cricket ball. He has also been a better test batsman too than Afridi. Comparing them on batting would give a huge advantage to Yuvraj.

On bowling, yes Afridi has greatly improved as a bowler. But Yuvraj has been a useful partnership breaker and a bowler who could bowl 6-8 overs (maybe even his full 10) in an ODI and could keep it to less than 7 an over which is very good in ODI these days. And he picks up those pie eaters (Kevin Pietersen, not you:p!) who trouble us.

So on the whole, YUVRAJ WINS IT HANDS DOWN!

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Yuvi bashing by some of the members here are very childish IMO.
Yuvi has a bit of arrogant personality and in various times, his poor acts have made a brash and poor image out of him (Like his various acts in IPL 09 as Biggy has just mentioned). But this does'nt take away the fact that he IS a very good batsman (especially in ODI & T20) who can blast any oppostion away in his day and also more consistent than Afridi. His bowling might not be effective in overseas wickets, but they are more than useful in sub-continental tracks.
So, I'll choose Yuvi over Afridi in any limited overs game.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
The Yuvi bashing by some of the members here are very childish IMO.
Yuvi has a bit of arrogant personality and in various times, his poor acts have made a brash and poor image out of him (Like his various acts in IPL 09 as Biggy has just mentioned). But this does'nt take away the fact that he IS a very good batsman (especially in ODI & T20) who can blast any oppostion away in his day and also more consistent than Afridi. His bowling might not be effective in overseas wickets, but they are more than useful in sub-continental tracks.
So, I'll choose Yuvi over Afridi in any limited overs game.

We never questioned his ability, we just think he's a ******. Therefore we would prefer Afridi over him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread