Shoaib cleared to represent Knight Riders in IPL

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After departure of Ricky Ponting and Brendon MCcullum, Kolkata Knight Riders were like a patient in ICU but after atraight 4 looses the went to coma from where returning back soon is moreover out of the question. Suddenly a ray of hope appears that Shoaib Akhtar can play in IPL and this news has just becomes the new oxygen in Khight riders camp .

Shoaib Akhtar has been cleared to play in the IPL after the Appellate Tribunal decided to suspend his five-year ban for one month, until they reconvene on June 4. The PCB has, in turn, granted Shoaib a No Objection Certificate to feature in the IPL.

Lalit Modi, the chairman and commissioner of the IPL, confirmed that Shoaib will play the tournament. "We look forward to Shoaib playing for us," Modi told CNN-IBN. "I am going to call him immediately and invite him to come to Kolkata tonight or tomorrow morning

Source : HERE

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
That mean Gul will be dropped and runs can be scored against Shoaib :happy

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Good news.
I wants to see Akhtar dislodging the Stumps.. :)

Well McCullum departure was a bid hit for Kolkatta but Ponting, What has He done?
He was waste any way like your captain Ganguly.

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Dropping Gul for Akhtar would be a stupid move. I think Hafeez will make way for Akhtar.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
This is good news for Kolkata. This will strengthen their team with Gul and Akhtar bowling for Kolkata.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Team lineups should be

Taibu/hodge/Butt
Ganguly
Saha
hussey
Das
Shukla
Agarkar/Ranadeb
Kartick
Sharma
Gul
Akhtar

I think Taibu deserve cahnce, he can hit sixes from the begining . As far i have heard during the practice matches Taibu score 57 of 28 balls. in that innings he hited 7-8 sixes and all of them landed in stands.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Team lineups should be

Taibu/hodge/Butt
Ganguly
Saha
hussey
Das
Shukla
Agarkar/Ranadeb
Kartick
Sharma
Gul
Akhtar

I think Taibu deserve cahnce, he can hit sixes from the begining . As far i have heard during the practice matches Taibu score 57 of 28 balls. in that innings he hited 7-8 sixes and all of them landed in stands.

I think Agarkar bowled 5 overs in a row during Kolkata's practice session ;).

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Saha
Butt 4 / Hodge
Ganguly
David Hussey 3
Das
Laxmi
Das
Kartik
Shoaib 2
Gul 1
Ishant

looks mighty strong to me.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Keep Butt out until he learns how to play. It is also evident that not opening the bowling with Umar Gul works, because he is so good at bowling at the end; something that conversely pays off for Ishant Sharma. If Shoaib is actually fit, it would be ideal on occasion to bowl the two fast strike bowlers out in the first 8 overs, something that teams usually don't have the luxury of.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Can people please stop with these cryptic titles? Just say Shoaib cleared to play in IPL.

I certainly disagree with this, he's been suspended and he should certainly be banned from all cricket. Then again, I suppose that the PCB shouldn't have any authority over competitions not involving them, but neither should the BCCI supersede the rest of the cricket boards by having different rules.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I'd have loved to see Shoaib, in his prime, in T20 - bowling consistently at 155kph. I'd be interested to see if he can bowl quicker than Lee was.

International Coach
he might provide the much needed boost to the knight riders,then again maybe not.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

I'd have loved to see Shoaib, in his prime, in T20 - bowling consistently at 155kph. I'd be interested to see if he can bowl quicker than Lee was.

You have to wait for sometime, to see Shoaib back in action, as far i have heard he is not playing on 8th and maybe on 11th too :(

Users who are viewing this thread