Should Codemasters publish another cricket game?

Should Codemasters publish another cricket game?

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think Codemasters should publish a sequel to Brian Lara International Cricket 2005. After a long time they had another try at publishing a cricket game and in many categorys were successful. Now I think they should build on that game and polish it.

Please vote in the above poll if you are either supporting Codemasters to publish a new cricket game or discouraging them from publishing a new cricket game. You could also post your thoughts on what should be in this new game should they be given the go-ahead.

If there are enough posts and votes in this thread Peer may read it and mention it to his superiors. Please give your support. Thanks. ;)

i don't think that they should make another one for another decade. since blic 2005 demo sucks. and as for playing it with other people besides the computer it still sucks. unlike ea cricket 2005. shut out codemasters. they should stick to colin mcrae rally.

Ofcourse there should be another one. The current game has massive potential, so imagine what another year or two of development would do.

Yeah, of course they should.
Competition between EA and Codemasters will only lead to better games. :)

They should give it another go. This effort didn't bring out the spectacular but who knows. Maybe next time ( on PS3 or XBox360 or Revolution ) it'll work wonders. By then EA too would've mastered it. Let codemasters too go the EA way -- a release every 1.5-2 years

More makers, the merrier.

Also, slim chance, but Codemasters and EA should work together and make the next game. Taking the best of both games. That would be a truly spectacular game.

rashaba16 said:
i don't think that they should make another one for another decade. since blic 2005 demo sucks. and as for playing it with other people besides the computer it still sucks. unlike ea cricket 2005. shut out codemasters. they should stick to colin mcrae rally.

Well rashaba, have you played the demo or not. Your comment suggest me that you are absolutely ignorant. Anyways that's your opnion, btw the crap you have written about sacihin and lara, I guess you are jealous of Brian lara cricket.

You like EA fine. Buy it, play it. I think it's an okay game after playing the limited demo version. BLIC looks more promising and I will definitely buy it rather than cricket 2005. Codemasters should continue this Brian lara cricket series, it going to be a great game and hope to see BLIC 2007 before world cup.

I think codemasters should produce new cricket games in future. However the major things they should work on are:

1. Front/Back foot shot selection
2. Advance Shot selection
3. Autoplay
4. Better Graphics overall

If they release a new cricket game in future with all the above mentioned features then I would be simply awesome!!

of course they should, it'll be stupid to write it off at this stage, it may not be perfect but still a very good game.

I would prefer Autoplay and a domestic season. No more spoof names would also be good! Front foot/Back foot isn't a problem. Maybe automatic catching.

Ankit kukreti said:
Well rashaba, have you played the demo or not. Your comment suggest me that you are absolutely ignorant. Anyways that's your opnion, btw the crap you have written about sacihin and lara, I guess you are jealous of Brian lara cricket.

You like EA fine. Buy it, play it. I think it's an okay game after playing the limited demo version. BLIC looks more promising and I will definitely buy it rather than cricket 2005. Codemasters should continue this Brian lara cricket series, it going to be a great game and hope to see BLIC 2007 before world cup.

i am not jealous of brian lara. does his name affect how the damn game will play!if i was to buy ricky ponting cricket i would still have the same opinion. i have played the demo. against the computer and against friends. made no difference. deadly boring. you may think blic looks more promising but i wonder if you'll have that same opinion when both games are out.

Codemasters should go on and produce more games! I am sure they will better their effort and give us a very good game to play with!

rashaba16 said:
i am not jealous of brian lara. does his name affect how the damn game will play!if i was to buy ricky ponting cricket i would still have the same opinion. i have played the demo. against the computer and against friends. made no difference. deadly boring. you may think blic looks more promising but i wonder if you'll have that same opinion when both games are out.

Jeez, someone's ruffled your feathers good 'n' proper! I'd guess the licenses and names would depend on the licenses EA's gets, Zorax. Unless Codies get in there first ofcourse!

Another sequel will be BLIC 2006 .....demo bug update

rahulk666 said:
I think codemasters should produce new cricket games in future. However the major things they should work on are:

1. Front/Back foot shot selection
2. Advance Shot selection
3. Autoplay
4. Better Graphics overall

If they release a new cricket game in future with all the above mentioned features then I would be simply awesome!!
Agree and slow the game down abit too and make it a bit harder to bat.

Users who are viewing this thread