Should I go for Cricket 2004???

Hard to say, i think the consensus around here is that 04 is better.

Not all games have the same bugs on each Copy.

o.k. playing c2004 on ps2 won't be as enjoying as on pc, because of the old squads and kits.But its definitely worth playing on pc version with all the patches.

i dug my copy of cricket 2004 on the PS2 out yesterday, and i must admit it outplays cricket 2005, the game speed seems quicker, not a bouncer coming at you 10mph like in cricket 2005, there lacking the speed element in the game.

the shots and shot power seem fine, maybe a little too easy at times, but not all front foot shots go in the air for catches, controlling between air and ground shots in cricket 2005 is too hard, i still cant manage it.

The bowling seems alot more lively too.

Just waitin to get it on the PC and get it uptodate as much as i can, with the help of this site :D

Finally got a copy of Cricket 2004 and have to say I was disappointed! The graphics and animations are amateurish to say the least - in fact it was similar to playing stick cricket!!!

I guess I will stick to Cricket 2K5 or Brian Lara 2K5 till the next version of cricket games is released by EA or Codemasters.

alfa_beta said:
Finally got a copy of Cricket 2004 and have to say I was disappointed! The graphics and animations are amateurish to say the least - in fact it was similar to playing stick cricket!!!

How did you find the actual gameplay?

Normal shots had more power than cricket 2005 but other than that nothing much. Bowling is a lot better in cricket 2005. Fielding is also better in cricket 2005 - in cricket 2004, fielders move too slowly for my liking... it's like they are on valium.

One thing which I found in cricket 2004 was that you hardly got any edges while batting. In cricket 2K5 you get a lot of edges to slip when you mistime shots. But in cricket 2004 I hardly got any edges - even mistimed shots went for runs.

Also, confidence is not such a key factor in cricket 2004. I was able to time shots - even on the off side, wit a new batsman and no confidence. Hardly any edges while playing on the off with no confidence. On cricket 2K5 you have to be a lot more careful if you are new to the crease - only exception being with 'advance down the wicket' shots.

Have to say cricket 2005 is more realistic and more fun to play. If EA can enhance the power of standard strokes and make it difficult to hit 'advance down the wicket' shots, it will be much better than any games on view.

indiancricketer said:
i have one word to say- YES!!
Ya man!!! Cricket 2004 is the best cricket game ever........really gives u a feel of real cricket.

Don't think so... BLIC 2K5 is better than cricket 2K4. In fact here's my order for the 3 titles...

Cricket 2K5 > BLIC 2K5 > Cricket 2K4

Users who are viewing this thread