Should Tassie have an AFL team?

Should Tassie have an AFL team?

• Total voters
4-5 matches? Sydney gets a good 30,000 to every match at the SCG and about 40k or more at ANZ. West Sydney would easily sell out most matches too. Depends how far west we are going though.

:D I reckon they will want to go far west.

Nah.

In 20 years NRL will be dead and everyone in Australia will follow AFL.

The way its going atm it will but changes are being planned and hopefully in 10-15 years time it will be back on track. Its going to take a lot of time though.

The player exodus would have to be the main reason at the moment though.

Well
NSW and Queenland= Rugby
Victoria and Rest= AFL

it's that simple

When I lived in Melbourne, absolutely no one followed NRL and in the 13 years that I lived there, I never saw one Rugby League ground.

AFL is very popular in Sydney and is vastly getting more competitive.

We could have an argument all day long. Both codes will always clash and the people with common sense should no which code is the better game.

Yes Tassie should have a team

Although they already have the tasmania Hawks just gotta make em play in tassie more often since there even called the tassie hawks on there jumpers.

Sounds like this new sydney team supposed to be starting up doesnt really want a license or even have any facilities lined up.
Plus there have been talks to make it a celtic team(irish) so that they can use the well known name celtics, gain more exposure overseas eg ireland and have the team with lots of irish players.

So why not give the licensce to tassie who actually want it and have plenty of things lined up.

We could have an argument all day long. Both codes will always clash and the people with common sense should no which code is the better game.

See, your just starting an arguement there you idiot. People like different things in games so there is no better game here. Rugby League takes more patience, its a game that has to grow on you. Thats why it doesn't have as many fans.

Users who are viewing this thread