Simulation scoring problem

stephanvos

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I found that there are a few issues with simulation in career mode at least of which the first is game breaking.

1. In T20 and ODI's the team batting second almost always loses. For example the opposition gets 3/287 in a PRO 40 game and then my team batting last only manages 1/121 without me even getting a chance to bat at number 4. Or in a T20 game They get 1/191 and we only manage 1/99. The same thing happens if we bat first and the opposition last, they don't stand a chance either. It is impossible and unrealistic for a team to only manage 1/121 in 40 overs or 1/99 on 20 overs. If the rate is too low players will take a chance with high risk shots and it will either work or they will lose their wickets.

2. I have seen tail-enders getting 50 to 100+ in test matches regularly which is also unrealistic.

The simulation algorithm needs to be looked at because especially in case 1 it breaks the game and immersion.

I haven't seen scores that imbalanced, though I have experienced a remarkably high number of close-but-unsuccessful chases with plenty of wickets in hand, where I agree you'd be more likely to see wickets lost.

I played the English T20 cup yesterday and didn't see a pattern like that. My team's batsmen struggled overall. Especially an effort of one seeing 55 balls for 18 runs triggered a big facepalm. But other than that I didn't see too many unrealistic simulation results.

I have seen quite a few run chase simulations where teams score at a really low rate not even trying to keep up with the runs required and don't lose wickets as the op says. It could do with looking at in my opinion.

I also feel tailenders sometimes score too many runs in simulations, but that is not such a glaring problem.

It seems as if the batsmen are simply not aggressive enough in the simulation when they have to chase a certain run total. That's especially frustrating in matches with an over limit as in P40 or T20. So yeah, there might be something that should be looked at.

How about Chris Gayle, Graeme Smith , Phil Hughes scoring 200,300 every other game. I chased Graeme Smith in my second season, in the end he ended up scoring 3000+ runs (700 more than me). Now in Australia Phil Hughes already got 547 runs in 2 games (including 300*).

What difficulty are you simming on? It seems to make a difference. On rookie the team batting first nearly always wins irrespective of ability. On legend the scores are more accurate.

I've noticed some strange scorelines prior to the last couple of updates (PC) but they seem to have come right now.

But then I also started playing on veteran so maybe that's what changed it.

which team are you playing as, cause i get pretty realistic ones, only thing odd i have with simulation may be tailenders bat more than their potential, part from that i find it pretty satisfactory especially runrate wise.

I play as Nottinghamshire[DOUBLEPOST=1410609282][/DOUBLEPOST]
What difficulty are you simming on? It seems to make a difference. On rookie the team batting first nearly always wins irrespective of ability. On legend the scores are more accurate.

Playing on Rookie difficulty level.

There does seem to be an issue on rookie. Started my block of T20 games and when batting 2nd we never win, my top order happily plod along scoring too slowly.

Ended up on 82/2 off 20 overs in one of them.....:facepalm

and we get to the QFs where the skipper chooses to bowl first. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Last edited:
I'm pleased this is something that is only limited to Rookie - it is irritating when you know that one-dayers are essentially decided by the toss of the coin and whether your captain does the smart thing and bats first! However, I'm close to the point of upping the difficulty so hopefully when I do that things will start to make more sense.

The tail-enders getting ridiculous good scores in 4 dayers and tests is also true but it bothers me less. At least who is going to win isn't decided on the toss of a coin, and therefore I feel like I have some impact on the result. I bat at 5, so in the 40 over games when it comes to me and we have to get like 80 runs in 20 balls or sometimes worse time after time it's mighty frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread