AI-Powered Cricket Match Simulator Models.

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am excited to share details on three AI models I have developed to simulate cricket matches. These models aim to realistically simulate decisions made during a match, like which bowler to select and which batsman to send in next.

The first model focuses on bowler selection. It analyzes the current match situation - opposition score, wickets in hand, and batsmen at the crease - and chooses the optimal bowler from the playing XI using a random forest classifier. This model has achieved 96% accuracy on test data.

1707350149950.png

The second model handles batsman selection when a wicket falls. It looks at the team's current score, wickets in hand, and remaining batsmen to decide whether a power hitter or strike rotator should come in next. A 92% accuracy has been reached using random forest classification.

The third model ties the first two together to actually simulate full matches ball-by-ball. Using extensive T20 data and models like XGBoost and neural networks, it tries to replicate the endless possibilities of a cricket game. While accuracy is lower at 56% for XGBoost and 49% for neural networks, I believe this is strong given the problem complexity and data used.

Current limitations are the focus on T20 cricket and reliance on real players from historical matches. In the future, I hope to expand to ODI simulation and enable custom players. But for now, I'm working on finalizing the first complete match simulations. Expect to see some sample output within the next week or two!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
i already tried developing a complex T20 engine through chatgpt and I am sorry to say the end result is not what I expected , killed my motivation for such stuff , hopefully you will do better than me.

While it works as a simple simulation but whenever you try to make it complex it just write some stupid codes result in a crash and definitely unable to solve the issues even when you copy paste the whole code again and again , I used python and gpt for this purpose , what did you use?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i already tried developing a complex T20 engine through chatgpt and I am sorry to say the end result is not what I expected , killed my motivation for such stuff , hopefully you will do better than me.

While it works as a simple simulation but whenever you try to make it complex it just write some stupid codes result in a crash and definitely unable to solve the issues even when you copy paste the whole code again and again , I used python and gpt for this purpose , what did you use?
He is a subject matter expert. He is just not copy pasting things from ChatGPT to make it work. He just mentioned he has written and trained the dataset himself. So using Python, he is using his own dataset to train and model it.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
He is a subject matter expert. He is just not copy pasting things from ChatGPT to make it work. He just mentioned he has written and trained the dataset himself. So using Python, he is using his own dataset to train and model it.
I created the original players too by using the data from cricinfo to gauge players ability, it worked till that level

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yes, I concur with your assessment. However, I intentionally selected this project for my graduation endeavor, and as such, it is imperative for me to see it through to fruition regardless of the challenges.

Code and model creation wise, I am good and received the expected result. I need to work on driver code and gui application to run this.

Users who are viewing this thread