KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
1691589976038.png

Introducing Street Cricket - Beta Version

Before I make this official, I would like to thank a lot of people for not losing faith and allowing me to build this iteratively. Special thanks goes to @RUDI who believed in me back in 2017. I started a different project with him but left midway due to commitment issues and life in general. @asprin has been a great motivation and inspiration with all the work he puts in into his various projects. I know its not easy, I get you @asprin.

@Till Valhalla ,@pillowprocter @Verified Enigma, @Pinch hitter, @Aravind., @Na Maloom Afraad have been constant support in this thread with comments or likes. Thank you guys for all the support.

I would like to dedicate this simulator to our late beloved friends Nilay and Prithvi. Prithvi and I did not share the best of the rapport but we did have our moments. With him and Yudi back in the early 2010's we would constantly try to create a simulator for this community. My love for Cricket always wanted me to do something.

Now moving on from the thanks and dedication, I would like to officially introduce you guys to Street Cricket Simulator. The simulator is live at streetcricketsim.com

What started as a project to only simulate Street Cricket matches also known as Gully Cricket in Asian neighborhoods transformed into a T20 and T10 simulator as well. There are future plans to make the ODI games more realistic as the current ODI simulation uses the T20 and T10 engine.

Current Features
  • Ability to create and manage teams - Create and manage teams to play in a single match or tournament mode. You can create 3 different types of teams. T20/T10/ODI team, Five5 team or Street Cricket team. Rate players ability from 0-10 in Batting and Bowling.
  • Tournament Mode - Create Round Robin, Double Round Robin or Knockout Tournament and play the tournament out. Features showing Points Table, Tournament Stats and Top 5 Stats across Bowling, Batting and Sixes.
  • Stats - Manage your team's stats by viewing or reseting them.
  • Single Game Mode - Not interested in playing a tournament through the site? No worries, you can simulate single matches and simulate as you wish.
  • Robust Simulation Engine - The simulation engine and outcome of the delivery depends on variety of factors like Batting type, Bowling type, Pitch type, phase of the innings (Start, Middle, End), # of wickets lost, etc.
  • Mobile and Tablet Friendly - The website is mobile and table friendly. You will be able to simulate matches on the go.
  • Quick and Easy Export - Easily export matches as PNG or Text Format with one button click.
Current Known Issues
  • Ball by ball commentary is currently unavailable.
  • Site currently does not have SSL. It will throw a not secure error but it is safe to proceed. I do not store any information in database, there are no calls made so no transfer of secured information happens. Please note : Your password is heavily encrypted and hashed.
Potential Next Features
  • Write an ODI simulation engine.
  • Incorporate AI to generate Ball by Ball commentary to make it more unique.
  • I love a good career mode. I am going to the drawing board to hash out this career mode functionality.
  • Any thing else the community wants
Help Out

I am releasing this as a Beta Version. I still need help in fine tuning the simulation.Please feel free to comment here with any feedback, positive or negative. I just ask be constructive and not downright insulting.

Thank you and love to all.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
August 9th
Dev Blog
Team Creation

There is something about playing cricket in the streets, home backyards, beaches, kitchen, dining room, etc. We all as kids have played cricket at some of the most uniquely iconic places. I would love to know below where have your played cricket that is so unique and you had fun.

Being in USA for 13 years now and having almost no access to cricket has made me nostalgic thinking about the fun I had playing with my friends in India.

Rules? They were sacred, yet flexible, changing from lane to lane, gully to gully. A one-tip-one-hand catch could send the batsman out. Overhead wires were often 'dead ball' zones. And if the ball landed on someone's terrace or broke a window? That usually signaled a short break, sometimes accompanied by a gentle reprimand from the elders, or in some cases, an end to the day's game.

One of the first thing I am working on right now is creating teams. These teams will be saved in .json format so it can be easily manipulated using a text or online editor. That is it, this is my blog. Once I have team creation in place, I will move on to next step and that is team selection.

- Parth
"Where dreams met driveways: Gully Cricket."

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
August 10th
Dev Blog
Code Cleanup and Core Processes

So when I started working on this, it was a messy code and just a complete dumpster. After I was satisfied I have a good core in place, I moved this to a separate folder and started re-organizing. First I worked on the theme for the web app and added in a nice little style.css. Logo was crucial but in AI days, getting a nice logo has become easy.

Index

I started building up from ground up and started working on the index page, for now it is plain and simple. Create Team, Simulate Match. Eventually it will have few more options but for now this will do. Next up was creating team processes.

Creating Team

For now, I have only put in the ability to have 2 players per team. I am going to use the Gully Wars league as my fully functional test phase to iron out any bugs, issues and feedback. I can save the team right now in a JSON file. I have a template I am using and that will be 1 file per team for Squad, Name and Stats. This will make life easier in future.

I chose JSON as I did not want to invest in SQL databases as I am solely focused on Phase 2. When we come to Phase 3, that is when we will worry about having teams in databases. My goal is use database only for Login and Registration purposes. This part is fully functional and gives me immense joy!

Only things to improve on is add player abilities or power ups. Like a batsman has plastic bat, or tennis ball bat, etc. I am thinking this through and will implement this in one of the future updates.

Team Selection

Once you have created a team, next up was selecting which teams to play and simulating the match. Currently I ask user to select a JSON file, I however do not like this approach and will loop through team file and present teams as a drop down.

That is it, that is my blog for today.

Hoping to improve team selection and some UI aspect today.

-Parth
"Where dreams met driveways: Gully Cricket."

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Made some tremendous progress.
  1. Re-organized the complete code.
  2. Thought some more things for JSON so modified team creation page to save correct JSON.
  3. Added in ability to see STATS for each team.
  4. Modified the UI in a really good way where I am satisfied.
  5. Added option to do basic simulation
Progress video below

Any thoughts or things you would like to see? Please let me know.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Update

Forgot to mention that redoing UI meant I could make this mobile friendly. The only thing that is not mobile friendly right now is the simulated match but that is anyways work in progress.
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.40.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.40.38 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.40.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.40.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.41.08 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.41.22 PM.png

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Update
  1. Modified team creation JSON to include the following
    • High Score for Player
    • # of Matches Played
    • # of Innings Played
    • High Score for the team
    • Lowest Score for the team.
  2. Implemented logic to store stats for players.
  3. Implemented logic to store stats for team.
  4. Implemented logic to reset stats.

1691721496540.png 1691721526125.png

Next Up
  1. Improve simulation logic
  2. Improve simulation UI
  3. Ability to export stats

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Update
  1. Added ability to export stats to Excel
  2. Added ability to copy to clipboard as table so it can be easily posted on forums

1691760031687.png

Copy to clipboard example

Team Stats
MatchesWinsLossesTiesHighest ScoreLowest Score

Batting Stats
PlayerMatchesInningsRunsBallsDotsSinglesTwosThreesFoursSixesHS
Iron Man242419623417861410121452
Thor24181291359312679869

Bowling Stats
PlayerMatchesInningsDeliveriesRunsWicketsWidesNo Balls
Iron Man24191491371811
Thor2424204206171219

Also attaching the team_stats excel file that gets exported.

Any feedback appreciated.

Attachments

• team_stats_1691760117.xlsx
    6.5 KB · Views: 4

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Next Up
  1. Improve Simulation Logic
    1. Current issue is I am getting a lot of low scoring matching. Need to fix that.
  2. Improve Match UI
  3. Add ability to view ALL stats (Top Run Scorer, Top Wicket Taker, etc).
  4. Add ability to store more info from the simulated match.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Update

1. Added in option to view All Stats.
    • Added in Team Stats
    • Added in Batsman Stats
    • Added in Bowling Stats
    • Added in Top 5 Batsman Stats
    • Added in Top 5 Bowling Stats
    • Changed the UI a little as it was not working out
    • Made all the tables as DataTables so that user can sort and export as needed based on any column.

1691772678623.png

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Update
  1. Completely refactored and redid the Simulation system.
  2. Overhauled the UI.
  3. Made functions smaller.
  4. Made functions dynamic and robus.

Things pending
  1. Re-adding the delay rules.
  2. Save as Text functionality.
  3. Save the entire thing to json functionality.
  4. Improving simulation.

1691816015962.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread