SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

caprikaps

Club Captain
Thats encouraging @caprikaps - the AI needs to lose 999 out of 1000 times in that situation, at 132/1 i would have been shaking my head too.
Yeah mate, it was scary but one thing which I’ve started to observe is that green tracks get better to bat in 3rd and 4th innings as against the dry dusty tracks which crumble on 4th/5th day.

While there is a lot to be looked into the gameplay/pitches/weather by BA, let’s keep testing and stay optimistic.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeah mate, it was scary but one thing which I’ve started to observe is that green tracks get better to bat in 3rd and 4th innings as against the dry dusty tracks which crumble on 4th/5th day.

While there is a lot to be looked into the gameplay/pitches/weather by BA, let’s keep testing and stay optimistic.

It’s certainly there and probably why we all still play it… was this with my Gabba sliders or something else mate??

caprikaps

Club Captain
It’s certainly there and probably why we all still play it… was this with my Gabba sliders or something else mate??
I had to tweak the sliders.

AI - Veteran
Striker timing: 30
Wicket chance: 50
Bowl Quality: 100
Run Rate: 18

Physics
Min Pace: 60
Max Pace: 75
Pitch Friction: 35
Ball Bounce: 35
Short Force: 32
Pace speed: 55

batting was pretty much the same, I just made it a little difficult to time, up the foot placement and edges for poor timing was set to 80.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I had to tweak the sliders.

AI - Veteran
Striker timing: 30
Wicket chance: 50
Bowl Quality: 100
Run Rate: 18

Physics
Min Pace: 60
Max Pace: 75
Pitch Friction: 35
Ball Bounce: 35
Short Force: 32
Pace speed: 55

batting was pretty much the same, I just made it a little difficult to time, up the foot placement and edges for poor timing was set to 80.

Makes sense that I set pitch friction at 65 to produce a road..

You lower it and gets nicks to keeper and slips. It goes with what I think I already knew

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So this went well and was worthwhile every bit of it.

Ground - Adelaide Oval
Pitch - Dry medium
Condition - deteriorating by the looks of it

Having lost the first test to an unexpected chase on a green track in Gabba, I ensured that I set a mountain chase for the AI in the last innings on 4th day where the ball has started to hold up and edges are more prominent - to test if AI could really chase anything.

I set a target of 487 for with AI with a little over 150 overs to be bowled. It was a usual start where the AI was 1/132 and I started to loose my faith in this game untile Mitch Starc was brought back into the attach & boy o boy - he bowled 2 unplayable balls - edges to the slips and keeper to dismiss well set Burns and Malan. That hurt AI badly and then I witness an epic collapse.

From 1/132 to 199 all out, made me believe that the game has still a lot to uncover and offer. We just need to navigate through and record what we experience

PS - there were no bat pads but genuine wickets, caught at slips, mid off, square leg and 1 run out.
Big fan of this, and to see how things went on a medium, dry pitch instead of a hard, dry one.

I concur, 132-1 I'd have been in throwing controller territory. That collapse is ace tho!

More data for pitch friction being lowered to ensure edges as well. The question may start to become, where's the sweet spot? How low is too low?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Big fan of this, and to see how things went on a medium, dry pitch instead of a hard, dry one.

I concur, 132-1 I'd have been in throwing controller territory. That collapse is ace tho!

More data for pitch friction being lowered to ensure edges as well. The question may start to become, where's the sweet spot? How low is too low?
Well tbf 65 was only set to simulate a road.. I had edges on 65 but not many but two/3 wickets per innings due to them..

So it worked..

Im going to start third test shortly and go exact same pitch.. medium.. all the same physics but lower the pitch friction.. bit more juice in this pitch the grounds man reckons..

Will be a good comparison

caprikaps

Club Captain
Well tbf 65 was only set to simulate a road.. I had edges on 65 but not many but two/3 wickets per innings due to them..

So it worked..

Im going to start third test shortly and go exact same pitch.. medium.. all the same physics but lower the pitch friction.. bit more juice in this pitch the grounds man reckons..

The other question would be why the edges count was low till they reach 132-1 With the same pitch friction? Has to do something with the programming I guess, a collapse was always on the cards?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The other question would be why the edges count was low till they reach 132-1 With the same pitch friction? Has to do something with the programming I guess, a collapse was always on the cards?

It doesn’t increase edges.. it makes them finer. It can’t reduce the ones that fly away square…

Wealey

ICC Board Member

So it worked..

Early blow for Australia as 2nd Test Centurion Harris is gone..

C and B Anderson

But…

390BBE1D-DA4B-4C9F-8FD5-AEE875F5A4C5.jpeg

Cheeky leading edge

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

So it worked..

Could be we lower it across the board but a bit more at somewhere like South Africa, where seam should dominate more.

Let us know how you get on!

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Great work on the sliders guys. However, do the sliders even work? I`m on the Xbox Series X, and cannot seem to notice any difference when I use the sliders. In particular, I`m looking at the Pace Visual Speed/Spin Visual Speed setting. Even setting it to a 100 doesn't seem to make any difference to how the speed feels visually. Currently testing it on the Ashes tour mode.

I also see that there is no way to choose the preset custom difficulty before going into a game. This is something that C19 definitely had. Any suggestions?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer

I also see that there is no way to choose the preset custom difficulty before going into a game. This is something that C19 definitely had. Any suggestions?
You do it in game before the first ball is bowled.

Go across to difficulty then you can change all the sections AI, batting, bowling, physics etc to your custom difficulty whatever you named it as.

They certainly do take effect that way.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
On C19 I created difficulty settings for areas of the world for each day of a test. As well as one for ODIs and one for t20s. It doesn't take into account that different grounds produce different conditions in the same country.

So this time I'm going to create settings purely for a green top (days 1-5), a dead pitch, a turning pitch, a bouncy hard pitch etc and just adjust the settings so that it gets progressively difficult to bat on as the game progresses.

Users who are viewing this thread