slowdown bug help

arv_k

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
this bug happens mostly while bowling and sometimes when batting

after the cpu batsman plays the shot the game suddenly slows down .

eg it takes about 5 seconds for the ball to reach the outfielder. all other fielders except the outfielder on the screen disappear.
the fielding radar shows a blanck screen and after the one fielder gathers the ball and throws it (all in slowmotion) and then the ball disappears now the game just freezes.

sometimes it comes out of this on its own but most of the times i have to press esc and quit the match

the menus work even when the game is frozen

this problem happens everytime i bowl within 2-4 owers
it happens very rarely while batting.

my system is
p4 1.4ghz
128 mb ram
32 mb riva tnt2

do you have too many programs running in windows. close all unnecessary programs, before starting cricket 2004.

Your graphics card is good enough, so I dont think that has anything to do with it.

Also check that you have enough free space left on your C Drive (or whichever drive Cricket 2004 is installed).

no no other programs are running.

is it coz of my drivers? they are old. the new nvidia detonator drivers cause the menus and overlays to get blurred. but the old ones work fine.

i am running in the camera distance lod mode. 640*480 16 bit.

what do i do?

Originally posted by arv_k
no no other programs are running.

is it coz of my drivers? they are old. the new nvidia detonator drivers cause the menus and overlays to get blurred. but the old ones work fine.

i am running in the camera distance lod mode. 640*480 16 bit.

what do i do?

yep this happend to my mate with his Nvdia card, just get the lastest whql Nvdia drivers

Your graphics card is good enough

Absolutely not. No offence pal but TNT2 is a way too old card and doesnt even have hardware transform and lightning features, which by today's standards is the absolute minimum for any game card, even the lowest end ones. If you are into gaming arv, Id suggest you get atleast a GeForece fx 5200, which infact is the lowest Directx9 card from nvidia.

From what you have posted arv_k it appears that as the bowl is being bowled the framerates are ok, but they take a dip when a shot is hit. The reason for this maybe that when the shot is hit, the camera zooms out and lot of 'useless' graphics, particularly the animated crowd is being rendered which brings the card to its knees. I think there was some patch for c2k2 to kill the crowd. If there is such a patch to remove crowd for C2K4, I'd recommend you try that.

The lod bias option and resolution you are running at are fine. But which drivers are you using. Again, for a TNT2 I'd choose nothing over Detonator 23.xx - 30.xx series, whql or not. Completely remove your nvidia drivers (i.e. install standard pci adapter, uninstall detonator from add/remove programs and use program like Detonator R.I.P. to completely wipe out Detonator registry entries). Then install a suitable Detonator. You might try 30.82 Win9x/ME WHQL. See the list of various detonator versions here
and choose one that suits you.

(btw, hope you have turned off the video screen, shadows and decreased the textire filtering).

Originally posted by oltimer
Absolutely not. No offence pal but TNT2 is a way too old card and doesnt even have hardware transform and lightning features, which by today's standards is the absolute minimum for any game card, even the lowest end ones. If you are into gaming arv, Id suggest you get atleast a GeForece fx 5200, which infact is the lowest Directx9 card from nvidia.

From what you have posted arv_k it appears that as the bowl is being bowled the framerates are ok, but they take a dip when a shot is hit. The reason for this maybe that when the shot is hit, the camera zooms out and lot of 'useless' graphics, particularly the animated crowd is being rendered which brings the card to its knees. I think there was some patch for c2k2 to kill the crowd. If there is such a patch to remove crowd for C2K4, I'd recommend you try that.

The lod bias option and resolution you are running at are fine. But which drivers are you using. Again, for a TNT2 I'd choose nothing over Detonator 23.xx - 30.xx series, whql or not. Completely remove your nvidia drivers (i.e. install standard pci adapter, uninstall detonator from add/remove programs and use program like Detonator R.I.P. to completely wipe out Detonator registry entries). Then install a suitable Detonator. You might try 30.82 Win9x/ME WHQL. See the list of various detonator versions here
and choose one that suits you.

(btw, hope you have turned off the video screen, shadows and decreased the textire filtering).

I do agree that TNT2 is a pretty old card, but it is one of the 3d cards mentioned in the readme file for cricket 2004.

The only problem i have with my tnt2 is when a outfielder throws the ball to the stumps, otherwise its pretty good.

If you are into gaming arv, Id suggest you get atleast a GeForece fx 5200, which infact is the lowest Directx9 card from nvidia.
The 5200 is a piece of sh*t

Well...dont mean to start an nvidia vs ati debate here, but other than that, before ****ing on fx5200 (or for that matter gf4mx) why dont ppl actually take into account the prices (admittedly, artificially manipulated by the manufacturers/resellers) and/or availability of latest hardware all around the world :confused:

Well...dont mean to start an nvidia vs ati debate here, but other than that, before ****ing on fx5200 (or for that matter gf4mx) why dont ppl actually take into account the prices (admittedly, artificially manipulated by the manufacturers/resellers) and/or availability of latest hardware all around the world

I haven't got anything against Nvidia- but the 5200 is crap. You said that if he is in to gaming he should get at least one of those- It's barely adequate for games that are out now. Yeah, it's cheap, because the only thing it has going for it is that it's DX9. And this is pointless anway because if he was to want to play games the rest of his system wouldn't cut it anyway

Users who are viewing this thread