Slowest century / maximum balls faced

FootyHead

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well I hardly ever get 50's let alone 100's but my slowest is probably about 70 balls. I've tried higher difficulties but I am not good enough to get anything on anything higher. This thread makes me think I should try getting a slow score some time soon.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
in one innings got probably my slowest 100 partnership (181 balls)

bnj9ETE.jpg

Slowest 150 partnership (273 balls)

AuC4my2.jpg

and slowest individual ton (194 balls)

upkJFn0.jpg

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

bnj9ETE.jpg

Slowest 150 partnership (273 balls)

AuC4my2.jpg

and slowest individual ton (194 balls)

upkJFn0.jpg
Wow really good patient partnership and century mate..Well done...:thumbs

PorcelainDigits

School Cricketer

upkJFn0.jpg

A bit rapid for Geoff, isn't it? ;)

Just got my highest FC score (slowest strike rate of any centuries I've scored previously) for Worcestershire on Pro. We were chasing 480 ish and were going along quite nicely (40~ runs to get with 10 wickets remaining), I only needed 22 but my partner, Pardoe, was playing ruthlessly and threatened to score the majority of the remaining runs and leave me high and dry... so naturally I decided to attempt a lofted shot over cover region before promptly getting caught. Final score was 178 from 260, would love to have carried my bat. Still proud of my effort, considering the only other centuries (just the two) I'd gotten were in Pro 40 and at a strike rate of 100+.

Screenshot from the innings attached.

Attachments

• 2015-06-03_00004.jpg
    2015-06-03_00004.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 13

RVallant

School Cricketer
117 off 181 in career for me, mostly down to good AI tactics; bowling short all the time to exploit my weaker backfoot. They changed tack later on once I got past 100 though. That wasn't a 'perfect' ton though, I was dropped in the slips on 3, had two inside edges (one failed to carry to the keeper, the other missed the wicket) and a huge lbw shout from a tame defensive prod before I was finally out LBW -_-;;

grkrama

National Board President
Played my best Dog ball watching innings here until twitching run out bug caught me, i dont know whether to love the game for those 194 deliveries or hate it for that infuriating runout bug.

The team was in trouble as i walked in and kept loosing wickets at the other end so settled in for a long one, my intent was to play one of those dravidish or cooky innings without giving a sniff of a chance and not to get out, basically used the Leave technique to the maximum, leaving anything outside off, defending on stumps, making runs through flicks and drives of full ones with the occasional pulls.

Seem to be going pretty awesome as i saw off two sessions and was into the 3rd one when the twitch happened and ruined it. Dont know when again i will get patient enough for another one like this, mostly going to smash it around the second innings.

2015-06-15_00072.jpg

2015-06-15_00066.jpg

2015-06-15_00109.jpg

2015-06-15_00105.jpg

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played my best Dog ball watching innings here until twitching run out bug caught me, i dont know whether to love the game for those 194 deliveries or hate it for that infuriating runout bug.

The team was in trouble as i walked in and kept loosing wickets at the other end so settled in for a long one, my intent was to play one of those dravidish or cooky innings without giving a sniff of a chance and not to get out, basically used the Leave technique to the maximum, leaving anything outside off, defending on stumps, making runs through flicks and drives of full ones with the occasional pulls.

Seem to be going pretty awesome as i saw off two sessions and was into the 3rd one when the twitch happened and ruined it. Dont know when again i will get patient enough for another one like this, mostly going to smash it around the second innings.

View attachment 148544

View attachment 148546

View attachment 148549

View attachment 148551
So you slept halfway through...;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Do we know whether Big Ant is aware of severity of the bug and it's on their "fix it" list? Let me page @HBK619 and @fiction to make sure they know that this is a game-breaking bug and needs to be fixed as part of the finalized patch 3.

fiction

County Cricketer
The only reason we haven't fixed that bug yet is that there's no specific STR for it. If you guys can provide the STR for it, then we can fix it.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The only reason we haven't fixed that bug yet is that there's no specific STR for it. If you guys can provide the STR for it, then we can fix it.

Sorry, what is STR? :)

This is definitely part of the 1.15 version, you guys can see in Xbox one version(PC certified version prior to 1.15) that it would not occur compared to latest version of PC. This was more in 1.15.4 & less now in 1.15.6(not sure whether I am missing rarely after 15.6 ) but it definitely happens atleast once a day for me where I play 3-4 matches on average per day.

Before Patch - Attempt a shot, miss to place it correctly, ball goes to wicket keeper & nothing happens.
After Patch 1.15.6 - Attempt a shot, miss to place it correctly, ball goes to wicket keeper... Glitch comes into play, batsman turns right & left & loops & struggles to make the batting crease due to this dance & wicket keeper removes the bails! OUT.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

What's STR? I recall seeing a couple of folks post a video of the runout bug where the batsman misses the ball and continues to jerk and moonwalk standing outside the crease and either the wkt keeper or a close-in bowler picks up the ball and removes the bails.

fiction

County Cricketer
@cricket_online, @surendar and @grkrama: STR stands for steps to reproduce. We absolutely want to fix this bug, but the lack of STR has stopped us from doing so. If you guys can provide specific STR, I assure you I'll get a programmer to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread