Your Cricket Solo batting practice ideas?

crickettraining

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys, I am just wondering, what are some great ways that you help to improve your batting skills when not with mates or getting coached? At the moment i use a stick (Smaller than a stump) and a golf ball much like Don Bradman did who is without a doubt my idol. But he used a golfball and stick off a water tank with ridges in it. I don't understand, how this works? Would the ball not just bounce straight into the grass or fly up extremely high? Any other ideas for me?

Take a cricket stump and a golf ball and hit it off the wall. Bradman used certain obstacles as fielders and amouunt of runs, He played for hours a test match against himself like that

partner to practice...??????

drew a thread thru the cricket ball & hang it to a tree & try to play the ball in the "v"arc with a straight bat to improve timing and forearm balance
it improves ur driving ability.....

It was the brick base of the water tank, so it bounced like a wall, but because it was curved, the ball would sometimes move away. In general some kind of ball against a wall or tee-ball game is handy enough for what it is, but ultimately the flight of the ball isn't helpful.

Supposing you get a willing partner, there is always a fundamental problem. Bowling is more exhaustive than batting and it's hard to do accurately. Thus, man created the throw down. However, throw downs will still wear you out. So ideally, you only do a big set of throw downs with a throwing aid. The Sidearm is the premier product for accurate, fast and easy throws, not a bad price at around $50 and a lot of clubs have them because they do work. On the other hand, if you're cheap, try a dog ball thrower for around $10.

At the high end you can actually get small bowling machines now. The Paceman is about $350 and bowls at up to 90 kph. Granted, it's not as impressive a machine as say, Merlyn, but if you're intent on filling your free time with net sessions, the price is no less plausible than buying something like an XBox.

Also, that cricketcoach app is pretty cool.

Solo batting practice idea

I used to get an old stocking, put the ball down one leg and hang it from the clothes line to practice driving. You can hang it from a tree as suggested above (or anything else for that matter). It's good repetition for bringing your bat through the line and hitting through the V.

Users who are viewing this thread