Your Cricket solo practice - where do you do it?

somersetargyle

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
just trying to gage this - i generally mean bowlers but there probably ways to do it with the bat as well

i was just wondering about the methods in which people go about perfecting their game outside of playing games with mates or training at clubs

I bowl in the nets by myself a lot. No better practice than that. Just put 1 stump in the ground (offstump) and try to bowl about a foot outside and get my length right.

For batting(I dont bowl much), if theres no mates to go to the nets with, i`ll go to the garage and get a ball and hit it when it bounces off the wall.

for bowling, go to your local nets, put a stump in the ground, and work out where your good line and length is, and place some sort of marker on the pitch. then just bowl and try to hit that spot.

it also wouldnt hurt if you filmed yourself and had a look at your action, and see what you are doing wrong, or what you could improve on

Yea i do the same thing, i used to spray them all over the place but now after the break between season i would go down to the nets at the highschool just down the road from me and bowl for about an hour and a half a day
good for your fitness and your rhythm. i have bowled the most consitent i have since i start playing cricket. and i also bowl a lot faster, i used to be called tangles because i bowled a bit like maxy walker. slow medium inswingers but i always put them in short... my captain plays like ricky ponting, best puller of a ball ive seen. and he would destroy me

i changed my action, more like mcgrath now. and i practiced practiced practiced and i am now first change instead of like 3 change lol

batting i use a golf ball and a cricket stump. and if i want to practice my foot work to spinners i use a tennis ball against to fence. but it all works... also a ball on a string works well

but nothing works better than a bowling machine. go down to your local cricket coaching place, time for a plug here for people in brisbane, I go to a place in ennogera called cricket works. the guy that runs it Brian really knows his stuff and has some good bowling machines, he has helped me alot. Im still not a great batsman but ive got from last season average of 1.5 to an average of 12.5 so thats a good start

Yea i do the same thing, i used to spray them all over the place but now after the break between season i would go down to the nets at the highschool just down the road from me and bowl for about an hour and a half a day
good for your fitness and your rhythm. i have bowled the most consitent i have since i start playing cricket. and i also bowl a lot faster, i used to be called tangles because i bowled a bit like maxy walker. slow medium inswingers but i always put them in short... my captain plays like ricky ponting, best puller of a ball ive seen. and he would destroy me

i changed my action, more like mcgrath now. and i practiced practiced practiced and i am now first change instead of like 3 change lol

batting i use a golf ball and a cricket stump. and if i want to practice my foot work to spinners i use a tennis ball against to fence. but it all works... also a ball on a string works well

but nothing works better than a bowling machine. go down to your local cricket coaching place, time for a plug here for people in brisbane, I go to a place in ennogera called cricket works. the guy that runs it Brian really knows his stuff and has some good bowling machines, he has helped me alot. Im still not a great batsman but ive got from last season average of 1.5 to an average of 12.5 so thats a good start

isnt that what Bradman used to do?

isnt that what Bradman used to do?

Yeah but Bradman hit the golf ball against a water tank, with ridges in it.

Freak. I don't reckon I could even hit it three times in a row.

Yeah but Bradman hit the golf ball against a water tank, with ridges in it.

Freak. I don't reckon I could even hit it three times in a row.

haha wow, thats why we will never have another Bradman

yea i only do it against a brick wall... its still not that easy but its easier than against a water tank lol.

What I do is just take a hard tennis ball and I have a deserted room at my residence.
I'll take off the tube light and just open the balcony door and close the grill door.
I'll hit the ball to the wall with right hand and immediately take the position of batsman and face the delivery:D:D:p:p

I would love to do that but I`d get in trouble, since i`m living in Australia. Neighbours would kill me. ( Walls mostly made of wood)

I do that against the back wall of my house.. its brick so it works well... gets your foot moving... but where shoes... i have hit my foot before it hurts lol

Users who are viewing this thread