Sound File Viewer

P

Prakash

With this program you can view the packed ogg files inside snd_pc.pak, which is located under the .\Cricket 2004\data\ folder.
This program uses fmod.dll to play the ogg files, for more information about the library check out www.fmod.org

Terrific , thanks for that.. Wish I could mix the crowd sounds into stereo as I did with 2002...maybe it's possible,not essential but would be good.

i am not sure about adding new files, i m pretty sure that you can replace the existing files although havent tried it out yet

Prakash, if you or anyone knows how to replace the sound files put details here please.
I'm thinking of mixing the existing crowd noises to give a stereo effect but keeping the original lengths of the files.. I wouldn't know how to replace them though.

i can add a import feature to the program, before that i must make sure that replaced files are used correctly while ingame

Yeah an import feature for the sound files would be gr8. So whenever we update the roster with new players who r not there, we can easily include the commentary for them. That would be awesome.

I dont think anyone has managed to figure out where the player name commentary files are in the sound file. Finding them through 6600 odd files is going to be a big job I guess.

*** EDIT ***

It wasnt so difficult afterall. The player name commentary files are from file number 3529 to 5558. The names are essentially in alphabetical order but the list ends with "Sriram" which I couldnt understand.

Anyway, if Prakash could add the replace feature in the sound file viewer, it would be very easy to replace files for the name commentary of newer players which would be added to the roster.

Mack

if you look at the default roster.pak there are 962 players, but the commantary files are from 3529 to 5558 so this makes 2030 player commantary files and thats why the list ends with "Sriram".
Have a look at files from 6222 - 6228 all time teams :?

O.K. I've had a go at mixing the crowd sounds into stereo [sample download below of number 1683]
It will play on Windows media player as it's ADPCM...maybe Winamp [don't have that at the moment]
There are about 73 main crowd effects that I could find...although a few more may be in there.
How does it sound?... comments please.
Now we need someone ... Prakash, maybe to find a way to replace the files.
I can convert the new stereo wavs back into ogg of course.

hey can u attach the .ogg file instead of the .wav, when i tried to convert the .wav file back to .ogg using the official ogg encoder i got this error Wav file is unsupported type (must be standard PCM or type 3 floating point PCM

Prakash,
Download below is now in both .ogg and PCM formats.. hope you can do something with them, you should be able to.
Also hope you can come up with a way to put it and others into the PAK file.
Best of luck in anticipation of some good news,
Steve the sound man.

your ogg file is of size 108 kb but the orginal file is of 66 kb size so i dont think we can import that file in to the pak. i have tried to make your ogg file to less than 66kb (by lowering the bitrate and sample rate), i am not sure that the quality is good enough though.

Users who are viewing this thread