Sound issues?

tdw

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
I have been having problems with the sound disappearing afer a few minutes of play. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro cound card with the latest drivers. I tried reinstalling the game but the sound totally drops out. Sometimes it just the commentary.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? I still get it sometimes - really annoying!

i am also getting this issue... can somebody help out.. I have an audigy

1) Make sure you have disabled your on-board sound (AC97 or whatever) in the BIOS to avoid conflicts. Make sure it has been uninstalled in the Device Manager as well. If it hasn't then remove it manually.

2) Make sure you completely uninstall the old drivers before you reinstall the new ones.

3) I have an Audigy 2 ZS also and have no sound issues. I believe I have the latest drivers - I installed from the Creative website last week - and compare to my display (below)

Attachments

• Audigy drivers.jpg
    Audigy drivers.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
yo guys i lost my sound card by reinstalling windows. I recovered my VGA by recovery disk but can't find the PCI device.
On the product detail i found my system uses integrated sound card any ideas?
can any one tell me which sound i should download?

Im not sure if this is right...

On cricket 2004, a disc error message came and went in the top left corner of the screen, and while it came the sound disappeared, this mayb a similar issue to u.

i just found out a way to solve it. Goto control panel>sounds & audio devices> click on advance and then performance and then notch the slider down to basic in hardware acceleration. It did had some audio glitches, but the sound never stopped...

aryan_6668 said:
yo guys i lost my sound card by reinstalling windows. I recovered my VGA by recovery disk but can't find the PCI device.
On the product detail i found my system uses integrated sound card any ideas?
can any one tell me which sound i should download?

Do you have an intel chipset? If so, tell me which one and I will point you to the correct drivers.

i found the driver by calling the compaq company. but i can't download it
it says "update isn't applicable with your system"

aryan_6668 said:
i found the driver by calling the compaq company. but i can't download it it says "update isn't applicable with your system"

That's too bad, but if you have an Intel chipset then it doesn't really matter. If you're using Windows XP then download and run this and let me know what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread