South Africa call for Kieswetter?

I definitely believe South Africa should call Craig Kieswetter. With Matt Prior having plenty of years left for England and as Mark Boucher seemingly close to retirement, kiewswetter seems the one that would fit the role. Having an average of 40 in FC and 39 in OD average is great, especially for someone who is just 22.

Craig Kieswetter, having turned his back and chose England may have to rethink his future. Should South Africa call him?

Would like to have Kieswetter playing instead of Prior for England. I think Flower should give him a few T20's

His record is impressive, if I were SA I would definitely take him but if he doesn't want to go back then there isn't much they can do. I can see why hes wants to be loyal to England now since they gave him the chance to make a name for himself.

His record is impressive, if I were SA I would definitely take him but if he doesn't want to go back then there isn't much they can do. I can see why hes wants to be loyal to England now since they gave him the chance to make a name for himself.

Bullshit. We gave him an equal chance as well. He was in the U-19 side, before he left. He was also going to be in the A side.

Well there was no hope of him playing for SA then. If hes giving up all that to start up a fresh in England, then England was always his pick.

Yeah lol. I believe only half the England team is currently staying at the team hotel :laugh

Kieswetter's keeping has been impressive whenever I've seen him on TV. He's no James Foster, but he's not bad, and is certainly International standard with the gloves from what I've seen (although for England that doesn't count for much, given our run of keepers in the last few years). I would like to see Kieswetter in the ODi and T20 sides, although he's behind Prior and Davies atm (in the selectors eyes anyway, not sure anyone else considers Matt Prior a viable option in limited overs cricket). Davies should have the spot, with Kieswetter next in line. Have high hopes for Kieswetter, looks a class act.

Davies has gone to Surrey hasn't he? If he can't get in the England side from there then he never will. I think the side has more worries than the keeper, for me we need to sort out Cook and Bell (or their batting positions), and get more consistency out of Anderson and Broad to make Anderson, Broad, Onions and Swann an effective unit. With only four bowlers in the current side it might be Broad's neck on the line, if he can't take wickets then having a long tail will be necessary as we try to avoid defeat. Maybe with five bowlers he can get away without taking wickets, but with four or five you still need at least 2-3 to perform to bowl sides out in 90 overs which is how you win Tests.

Users who are viewing this thread