South Africa has gone Mad!!!!

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
South African black people are turning on the Zimbabweiers and other races for living in SA. ( mostly for taking their jobs) They started burning down their houses, killing them , raping them, and its spreading really quickly throughout South Africa. This is looking like South Africa is going to turn out like Rwanda (Hotel Rwanda ). This is just maddness and now my parents are trying to find a job in a diffrent country so we can get somewhere safe...

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I really don't see what all the fuss is about, I mean the whole xenophobia case isn't affecting white South Africans at all. Without trying to come across as racist, It's the black South Africans which are going out to get rid of the immigrants, but what strikes me is that there have been many illegal Mozambecans, Zimbabweans and Angolans etc. here for ages, yet all of a sudden the population has decided to turn on them. At this point it really is 'black-on-black' violence, with our nationals trying to get rid of the immigrants. I don't forsee trouble with Lesothoans though as there are many sotho's in SA.

I don't think it will get to the level of you having to leave the country, I mean it's been through the Soweto riots, Sharpeville etc. already, it's just another hurdle in this unstalble continent.

I saw quite a good theory on why this is happening the other day, and it blames the whole 'Proudly South African' campaign which encourages South Africa to be OUR country and the emphasis on this is that people are becoming insecure to immigrants coming in.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
but the guys who are starting the attacks are actually the people who does wrong most of the time, not all the immigrants.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I didn't say the immigrants are starting the attacks, I said its our nationals that are...

usy

Chairman of Selectors
What exactly is it, South African "black" people against SA's "white" people or are they against Refugees from Zimbabwe?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I've followed the news about this. It's been happening for some weeks already. It's mainly black South Africans who don't want immigrants from other neighbouring countries in their land. One of the reason is that they're saying is that they're taking their jobs. Some of these immigrants have gone back towards their country, while some live in police stations and churches.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
South African black people are turning on the Zimbabweiers and other races for living in SA. ( mostly for taking their jobs) They started burning down their houses, killing them , raping them, and its spreading really quickly throughout South Africa. This is looking like South Africa is going to turn out like Rwanda (Hotel Rwanda ). This is just maddness and now my parents are trying to find a job in a diffrent country so we can get somewhere safe...

Hopefully it won't happen this time. :(

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Do you even know what you're talking about, Usy?

jordox

International Cricketer
but what strikes me is that there have been many illegal Mozambecans, Zimbabweans and Angolans etc. .

I was an illegal White Zimbabwean (and still was until a few months ago) living in South Africa and they didn't bother trying to get me. I had friends who were illegal black zimbabweans, and they were all (bar 2) forced to leave.

We didn't leave Africa because of the countries as a whole, it was just my neighbourhood that was terrible and the few shootings we witnessed, which made us leave to Australia.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
We didn't leave Africa because of the countries as a whole, it was just my neighbourhood that was terrible and the few shootings we witnessed, which made us leave to Australia.

I'm just curious as to which city and area you were living in, probably in Johannesburg?

jordox

International Cricketer
I'm just curious as to which city and area you were living in, probably in Johannesburg?

Yeah, I was in Johannesburg for a while but the inncidents happened around my Dad's farm near Karasburg in Namibia. And a few years previous to that, Beitbridge in Zim. South Africa was usually good to us.

Users who are viewing this thread