Special Balls

makaveli19

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
He guyz is when i bowl a special ball it always is short is this a bug or can i change it

Well it's not a bug.There are 2 types of special deliveries one is the short one other is the slow yorker but they are not much helpful.for spinners the special delivery is the one that keeps straight or turns the other way.

The Doosra and quicker ball are some other ones for spinners. Ah, so now I know why my special yorker is always so slow. Why is it so ineffective?

Ronan_UK said:
The Doosra and quicker ball are some other ones for spinners. Ah, so now I know why my special yorker is always so slow. Why is it so ineffective?

Not for me it isn't

I regularly take wickets with my slower ball yorker. Infact, if you take a look on the codies forum, you'll see that I have the best bowling figures in the "blic demo competition"

I got 5/1 with brett lee and 4 of them were in a row.

Yeah well I got Brian Lara out for a golden duck by James Anderson so I can feel smug whenever I play. :)

Ronan_UK said:
Yeah well I got Brian Lara out for a golden duck by James Anderson so I can feel smug whenever I play. :)

Did the same myself in a 20/20 game - a nice loft to 3rd man with a great setup ball from Flintoff :D

that slower ball yorker would be perfect for 20/20 or at the death of a odi. Its the ball Chris Cairns bowls so well

I also got brian lara caught at third man for a golden duck.
And i got 6/35 off 8 with brad hogg

I've been able to get a wicket from a special delivery just once. Off-topic, the best bowling stats I got were 4/14 with Kabir Ali.

4-1 with Anderson has been my best bowling figures. (4 wickets for 1 run). It was Lara, and then the middle orders.

Ronan_UK said:
4-1 with Anderson has been my best bowling figures. (4 wickets for 1 run). It was Lara, and then the middle orders.

!!!! :eek:

My best is 6 wickets-14 runs with Ashley Giles, including a hat-trick against the tailenders!

themuel1 said:
!!!! :eek:

My best is 6 wickets-14 runs with Ashley Giles, including a hat-trick against the tailenders!

There is a thread I posted on how Anderson is a bit 'too good' for my liking...

I had a 7-for with Harmison in the 50 over demo. Tail enders are ridiculously easy to get out at the moment.

barmyarmy said:
I had a 7-for with Harmison in the 50 over demo. Tail enders are ridiculously easy to get out at the moment.

Yeh, you just bowl straight or york them.

Users who are viewing this thread