Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

You still think that Asif forced him to get involved in all this?
Look,Aamer is mature enough to make his own decisions.He has a sense of right and wrong.

I never said forced.
I said I think he had an influence on Amirs decision.
You think Amir decided himself that he wanted to get involved in all this?
We will all find out in a weeks time what punishment he will face.

I bet the persuasion was as simple as "all you have to do is bowl X no balls and make sure you bowl one at the right time and it is clear enough to be spotted but not so clear as to be obvious"

Wouldn't take much persuasion, a bit like paying Le Tosser to put the ball out for a throw in X seconds/minutes into a game. Would seem like an easy pay day, not like asking someone to get out for X runs where they know the impact on the game is much more serious.

Pakistan is in a right mess, it is always blighted by controversy of some kind.

I bet the persuasion was as simple as "all you have to do is bowl X no balls and make sure you bowl one at the right time and it is clear enough to be spotted but not so clear as to be obvious"

Wouldn't take much persuasion, a bit like paying Le Tosser to put the ball out for a throw in X seconds/minutes into a game. Would seem like an easy pay day, not like asking someone to get out for X runs where they know the impact on the game is much more serious.

Pakistan is in a right mess, it is always blighted by controversy of some kind.

The PCB was fully aware of everything that was going on. It was warned by players, former players, news reports (Jang), etc.
It just didn't give a damn. The board has played a major part in this whole incident and always has a hand in controversies. Until Ijaz Butt is not dropped, don't expect much better from Pakistan.

Pakistan cricketers to face treason charges over fixing claims - maximum penalty is death | Herald Sun

They're facing treason charges, maximum penalty of death, wut. Probably old news, just saw it on the Herald Sun website and my reaction was the word I stated before, "wut".

I know I heard that the maximum penalty would be death if the players are found guilty in an interview on sky sports news. I doubt that would happen but still, the death penalty is way to harsh.

The sleuths are now looking into the T-20 WC. Absolutely shocking! How huge is this vicious nexus anyway? I won't be surprised if more names of players of teams other than Pakistan come out in the next few days.

I don't think banning Pakistan altogether from world cricket would solve this problem. Dissolving the PCB, setting up an interim cricket administration in Pakistan which would comprise of both Pakistani officials as well as members of the ICC, Anti-Corruption Unit and other relevant bodies, and a life-ban to all the players involved except probably Mohammad Aamer would be my sort of a solution. If we isolate them at such a time of crisis, Pakistan would probably descend to more anarchy instead of getting better, as there's an acute lack of competent and honest people there who can tackle a degradation of such massive proportion. All sections of the PCB are as fragile and toothless as they can be, and the government is no better.

This is the solution but will NEVER happen unless someone like the ICC takes a stand. If they leave it to the PCB or the Pakistani government to deal with this then there will never be a solution like that and it would be more of case of trying to cover the cracks by putting on a carpet. These cracks need to be dealt with immediately.

What people are saying might be a good idea is a suspension. Time to break up the PCB and carry out investigations, then put it back together with measures in place to ensure it is run a lot more transparently.

I don't think that is too extreme, stop playing cricket, sort yourselves out, and then come back when you're ready.

I am a Pakistani fan and I am all for this. We cant trust the PCB to solve this issue, neither the current government. If we are stopped from cricket for a certain period of time, then I think everyone will understand how serious this issue really is. Only then will the appropriate solution come out.

The sleuths are now looking into the T-20 WC. Absolutely shocking! How huge is this vicious nexus anyway? I won't be surprised if more names of players of teams other than Pakistan come out in the next few days.

I reckon fixing exists in the cricketing world, but it was never this big. Just look at Asif and his no-ball, it clearly indicates he had full control over it, and if I hadnt heard that this was going to be intentional, I would never have believed it was. Aamir on the other hand was a rookie and his no ball clearly stated so.

As for the T20 WC if someone say the semi was fixed, he is got to be kidding. Seriously I heard this rumour too but this is way tooo much.

asif butt and kami maybe guilty but MOHAMMAD AMMIR i still fell he is not guilty so as others

Afridi118 in top form. :D

Sky Sports News : "Pizzas have been seen delivered to the team in their hotel"

Seriously think that they're going slightly over the top now.

Users who are viewing this thread