Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Sai that isn't proof. Unlike the NOTW who had a video, newspaper rumours are merely that until there is a shred of evidence.

In other news:

Quote:
LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) legal adviser Tafazzul Rizvi has expressed his disappointment at the way British police reacted to the spot-fixing allegations and confirmed that the board is prepared to take legal action against the News of the World.
PCB may take News of the World to court – The Express Tribune

The PCB doesn't even have a case. They'd be thrown out of court straight away.

Similarly I fail to see how the police have acted without evidence A. The video and the fact the predictions came true and B. The fixer may have given a statement which implicated the players further.

Sai that isn't proof. Unlike the NOTW who had a video, newspaper rumours are merely that until there is a shred of evidence.

They are quoting PCB officials (on the condition of anonymity). If they are wrong, they can be sued by the PCB.

If I had been accused of this stuff I know as a captain I would be saying more than "anybody can make allegations against you..." Feeble and weak of Butt who I am positive knows a lot more than he wants us to know.
Exactly, If I was wrongly being accused of this I'd be shouting at the top of my voice how innocent I was, I'd let everyone know.

It's a give away that he's not even strongly denying it.

PCB won't suspend any players | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

If I were Butt, I would have put in my papers by now and not come out in public to exonerate my players, who clearly were involved in dodgy dealings. The Times of India might have taken the accusations to a ridiculous extreme by implying that the PCB is at beck and call of the betting mafia, but it does definitely seem that they were involved in this entire matter to a great extent. I was reading a report where it was stated how the PCB conveniently ignored all recommendations made by Justice Malik Qyyam, the man who indicted players involved in match fixing scandals of 2000. Younis Khan's concerns were turned a deaf ear to as well.

I don't think banning Pakistan altogether from world cricket would solve this problem. Dissolving the PCB, setting up an interim cricket administration in Pakistan which would comprise of both Pakistani officials as well as members of the ICC, Anti-Corruption Unit and other relevant bodies, and a life-ban to all the players involved except probably Mohammad Aamer would be my sort of a solution. If we isolate them at such a time of crisis, Pakistan would probably descend to more anarchy instead of getting better, as there's an acute lack of competent and honest people there who can tackle a degradation of such massive proportion. All sections of the PCB are as fragile and toothless as they can be, and the government is no better.

Last edited:
I recently read Salman Butt and their media manager (or whoever it is)'s interview on Cricinfo. I dont see Salman Butt refuting allegations against him or against any of his team mates. As far as allegations on him are concerned, he says they just took his name in some report and they didnt actually allege that he did something. But the question was "whether the allegations against him were true or false". If he really is clean and innocent, why didnt he say "I have not done anything wrong and I am clean" and something close to that? The manager guy too says investigations are being carried out and we will come to know of things soon (as if we didnt know it). It all gives me the feeling that everyone in the side knows whats happening and have been letting it happen.

i think it's important to say, no one has suggested "banning" pakistan from cricket. Well, maybe one or two have, but the majority have not.

What people are saying might be a good idea is a suspension. Time to break up the PCB and carry out investigations, then put it back together with measures in place to ensure it is run a lot more transparently.

I don't think that is too extreme, stop playing cricket, sort yourselves out, and then come back when you're ready.

Feels so saddening to know that Amir was involved in all this.
Asif influenced him, i'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread