Sri Lanka vs India 1st Test 2010

Somehow I feel that Sri Lanka will bring in Mendis as a late addition in their squad and will play him.

The start of the Test match has been delayed due to a wet outfield. So I've extended the deadline by half an hour.

What a coincidence. The match started around the extended time I included.

Sri Lanka is batting and I was hoping for that. I hope they will make runs.

I went with four spinners, simply because I thought the curator would make a perfect spinning pitch for Muralitharan.

Last edited:
The captains are divided like this:

Virender Sehwag: 7 (Abhas Akash00 aussie1st McLOVIN shanewarne User2010 Wanderers)
Sachin Tendulkar: 6 (Aditya khalek pavan210 shubham_ varun_rustagi WestIndian)
Muttiah Muralitharan: 5 (AkshayS deathrevenge9 p.o.l scion_sid ZexyZahid)
Gautam Gambhir: 3 (ali_ed2001 Aussiebushrange pavanbharadwaj) Mahendra Dhoni: 2 (AngryPixel Jim)
Kumar Sangakkara: 3 (Chewie Dare nuffa)
Angelo Mathews: 1 (D0N)
Tillakaratne Dilshan: 1 (Haarithan)
Thilan Samaraweera: 1 (superstars)

ZexyZahid added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Just as I was making this above I see Tillakaratne Dilshan is out. :mad

ZexyZahid added 8 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I had a feeling this would happen. I would leave Sangakkara out of my team and he will score runs. He already got 15 runs of 22 balls.

Muralitharan grabbed more then 100 wickets at this ground.

Sangakkara is giving me already some trouble with his 65 runs.

I took Dilshan because in the last three Tests against India he made two centuries. I guess he decided this Test was the time to not make a century. There is one innings left though. I am hoping that he will at least have a bowl.

My other option of captain was Jayawardene. Eventually I chose Muralitharan, because of his wicket taking ability at the Sri Lankan grounds.

I think bowlers will have no role in this match so Murli might be bad choice now.

Somebody has Paranavitana in his team? He just made a century.

Sangakkara just gifted his wicket away by hitting a straight ball towards Tendulkar, who was somewhere in the deep.

Thanks for finally getting out. He could have easily made a double century.

Sehwag took the wicket and Tendulkar the catch. Not really the combination I wanted, because I want these two guys to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread