Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

dunno what these people are trying to prove...obviously they don't respect their country or any other for that matter or don't respect the value of human life...i just hope that some day in the near future this world is terrorist free:upray

I know, i was just trying to lighten up the mood here. Firstly pakistan has to sort out his internal problems, then we can think bout playing cricket their. No cricket should be played in pakistan in next 5 years and world cup matches whould be shifted to india.

this is terrible news, Hope the Sri Lankans are all ok.

I would like to thank the Sri Lankan cricket team for coming over and playing. I hope that this incident doesn't harm the relation between the two countries, and we continue to play each other in cricket.

Being a Pakistani, i feel great sadness that this incident has happened at this time. I can assure that every Pakistani was looking forward to every minute of this test match. The Sri Lankan team has been great after the incident, the players did not regret coming to Pakistan, and they didn't create any rumors.

May god help the police officers that gave up their lives in order to serve their duty to protect the people. As you may know, 5 of them were killed in this incident.

I hope that this is not the end of Pakistan cricket.

dunno what these people are trying to prove...obviously they don't respect their country or any other for that matter or don't respect the value of human life...i just hope that some day in the near future this world is terrorist free:upray

These are just some @ssholes:mad: who have misinterepted the words:eek: of quran and believe that killing innocent people of other religion is holy.The socalled JIHAD. They just dont realise that no god would ever tell his followers to kill the innocent people of other religion. If a god does say so,then he is no god, he is satan himself.

The most sad news not only to the Sri lanka but also to the Whole World......

Declare Pakistan a Terrorist nation!!

Injustice to the whole nation when only a few group of individuals are involved. What I would advocate other nations to do is to pressurise Pakistan into eliminating these terrorist camps within their country. Most of the terror attacks that occur around the world have Pakistan links (not all, but MOST of them!)

If he had expressed his opinion politely, people will not be harsh on him. Calling people 'pussies, wimps' etc does'nt help. Deserves what he gets.

Yeah, zMario deserves being called out after this has happened. He's been proven wrong after attacking other members for thinking it's ok not to tour there. Where are you zMario? Show your face.

And as for this. This is a bad day for cricket. I think Pakistan should be removed from the ICC for the time being. No side is going to tour Pakistan for a long time. People are saying 2 years etc. Try 5+. With no side wanting to tour there how are they going to stay afloat? Are they going to have to play at neutral venues? Their reputation for hosting matches is dead. If a Sri Lankan player had of died i'd say this would have been an even worse situation. Luckily none did. But RIP to all the police etc who died and to the umpire who got hit in the chest, I hope he recovers well.

ARY One reporting that Jayawardane is vowing to visit again. Well he's got the right attitude to deal with such a situation but being a Pakistani I'm ashamed such a thing has happened to them and wouldn't want them to visit again anytime soon. Still, its a great gesture. Also heard on Geo News that the terrorists may have wanted to hijack the bus but couldn't do so thanks to the police officers who died protecting them and the driver.

Also, its nice to see some people in this thread itching to kick us while we're down. Real classy. Bravo.

He wouldn't. He's just trying to be brave to make it seem like the team isn;t shaken up. If he has any respect for his own life and/or has a family he wouldn't go back.

He wouldn't. He's just trying to be brave to make it seem like the team isn;t shaken up. If he has any respect for his own life and/or has a family he wouldn't go back.

how do you know, have you met him? are you talking to him atm?

Mahela comes from Sri Lanka which has its own issues with security, he knows the situation better than you or any of us. He is a stand up guy and a really good guy and he might just be speaking for himself but he obviously doesn't speak for the rest of the team.

By visit again he probably means in the future. He wouldn't go back tomorrow which is how I interpreted it.

Apparently one of the umpires saw the driver dying infront of his own eyes. I think it was taufel, not sure though. I can't imagine that, just watching another human life die infront of my own eyes. I hope the umpires recover from the shock.

This is terrible. The police officers who died, along with their comrades prevented the bus from being hijacked. By controlling the bus and driving at speed away from the danger and into the stadium they saved the lives of cricketers, team staff and officials. The incident is being seen by some security people as a failed hijacking attempt, not a direct attempt at killing the cricketers.
All cricket lovers feel for those who died to save players and officials. For Pakistani people who enjoy this web site I'm sure the rest of Planet Cricket feel for what's happened in your country.

Users who are viewing this thread