Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

I thought Dhoni's comments were straightforward. He was thankful because the Indian government stepped in and barred the tour of Pakistan. The governments and boards don't really get commended for protecting the players like that, but after an event like this it is more than apparent that it could have been Indians and not Sri Lankans. Indeed, an attack that was carried out so well was probably planned long before the Indian tour was cancelled.

And the militants had contacts within the area the SL team was staying. Otherwise they could never have got aware of the changed route of the SL team bus.

I thought Dhoni's comments were straightforward. He was thankful because the Indian government stepped in and barred the tour of Pakistan. The governments and boards don't really get commended for protecting the players like that, but after an event like this it is more than apparent that it could have been Indians and not Sri Lankans. Indeed, an attack that was carried out so well was probably planned long before the Indian tour was cancelled.
Although it is widely believed that the government banned India from touring Pakistan to protest the latter's government's stance, rather than security concerns.

But you're right in determining that this attack was probably planned on the Indian cricket team to start with. Once the team was changed, the terrorists decided to go ahead with the attack anyway, which shows that their claims that they work on any sort of belief system is completely invalid.

Not bothered but they just cant face the reality waiting for their reply

Ban on Pak for hosting no international matches?

What??? All it took a 'a very few terrorists' and a cricket team was nearly wiped out. I agree with Gilly, Pakistan won't be hosting anything for a few years. It's up to them if they want to continue to play cricket, it's just going to have to be at neutral venues.

As for 2011 WC, yes Pakistan is definitely out, but without opening a can of worms - India and Sri Lanka are hardly the safest places in the world either. I think the ICC should shift it to Aus/NZ, citing security.

Yes, I agree... India will also suffer becoz of this. Move the world cup out of the subcontinent. I vote for Australia/NZ.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

It is going to take a near miracle to convince any countries to tour Pakistan again in next 10 or 15 years. I totally blame Srilankan Cricket Board for this. Why the hell did they allow Srilankan cricket team to tour Pakistan?

Was it Ranatunga who let SL tour Pakistan? We should blame him..

Enough of cricket in Pakistan. None for the next 5-10 yrs. Now India have to be ultra safe if they got to protect their interests. Fortunately, their current power in the ICC will let them host without much concerns and also the safety provided is far superior in India (when something like this happens, we awaken out of the slumber and become airtight).

Dhoni say no team should tour in 2 years

i ll two "0" after "2"

the SL board let the team travel , god forbid in any player would have been serosu and the bullets hit the delicate part then?

Blame SL board

did u guys see the conference of Younis? he was so casual as if he has won any test match answering,laughing

Quite right, Dhoni was! He should be happy not to tour Pakistan. If such a thing had happened to Sachin Tendulkar, the consequences would have been 10x times worse than what would actually happen now after this incident.

Which is, quite frankly, bullshit.

You posted this when the movie was half over. Now it is complete. What will you say now? Of course we can't let our countries tour a country whose govt makes truce with terrorists. SLC tried to be oversmart, and now look what has happened to it's players.
I really really feel for the guys who have been injured. Those bloody rascal terrorists! If you want to fight, fight from the front, don't stab from the back, that is sometng a coward does. We all are united against you guys now. Our religion is Cricket. And you have attacked our religion. We all are united- YOU WILL LOSE, YOUR JEHAD WILL FAIL.

I already said what I wanted to say just go back and read and pay attention. I bet you feel real proud of your self, going around bragging "I told you, I told you". As the Sri Lankan sports minister said they were there for 3 ODIs and there was no issues. The players were fine with going and playing and they didn't think that anything would happen.

Im sorry for trying to support the people of a country that is in deep **** at the moment unlike you who sees "Pakistan" and the 1st thing you think and say is "terrorists, murderers" get a grip and get a life man.

I still don't understand the reasoning about attacking a Sri Lankan team, because there aren't tense relationships with Sri Lanka with other countries.
I think the sad fact is that they don't care who they hurt, as long as they cause total devastation.:( Could have been any cricket team on that bus.

R.I.P. to all those that have died. It's too many, but we should be thankful that the death toll has been relatively low.

Have one question. Is Pakistan willing to help itself? If it is then others can do whatever little they can. But don't count on it.

According to an account given by Nadeem Ghouri, the Pakistani test umpire also travelling in the minibus, the Englishman(Chris Broad)dived on top of Ehsan Raza, the fourth umpire, in an attempt to protect him after he was critically wounded. Mr Raza, who was shot in the back, was said to be in a critical condition in hospital today.

That was brave.

Last edited:
According to an account given by Nadeem Ghouri, the Pakistani test umpire also travelling in the minibus, the Englishman(Chris Broad)dived on top of Ehsan Raza, the fourth umpire, in an attempt to protect him after he was critically wounded. Mr Raza, who was shot in the back, was said to be in a critical condition in hospital today.
it is really brave job man,hope Mr Raza will recover soon,:hpraise
Pakistan government need to do something about this terrorists:mad:

look like CC President and Chief Executive to hold media conference in London at 1400 GMT in the aftermath of this morning’s terrorist attacks in Lahore, Pakistan.

Last edited:
If such a thing had happened to Sachin Tendulkar, the consequences would have been 10x times worse than what would actually happen now after this incident.

I read that and actually swore out loud at that post. So Sachin Tendulkar is worth 10x more then the Sri Lankan assistant coach or Mendis?

highlander, I don't think he meant it like that. I think what he was trying to say that given the relations between Indian and Pakistani government, an attack on Indian player would have been 10x worse...

So Sachin Tendulkar is worth 10x more then the Sri Lankan assistant coach or Mendis?

You have misconstrued his point. He simply observed that a similar attack on Indian players, particularly Sachin Tendulkar, would have produced a more vigorous response. To interpret his observation as a disparagement of the value of the lives actually affected by this terrible event is to commit a mistake. I, however, do question the relevance of his post at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread