Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

Sri Lanka are incredibly fortunate the driver wasn't hit or else they would quite obviously have been stranded.

Plus, how useless is a police convoy is the police aren't protected themselves?

Sri Lanka are incredibly fortunate the driver wasn't hit or else they would quite obviously have been stranded.

He was shot dead straight away, it was one of the police who took his place and got them out of there, I think I posted the quote from the BBC website a couple of pages back

He was shot dead straight away, it was one of the police who took his place and got them out of there, I think I posted the quote from the BBC website a couple of pages back

The driver wasn't hit, the man driving the Umpires in the car behind was shot and killed immediately if thats who you're thiking of.

The driver of the bus carrying the Sri Lankan team, Khalil Ahmed, said: "As we approached the city's Liberty Roundabout, I slowed down. Just then what seemed to be a rocket was fired at my coach, but it missed and I think flew over the top of the vehicle

Plus, how useless is a police convoy is the police aren't protected themselves?

Another thing which will definitely raise questions is that not a single terrorist was injured/killed in the encounter, how can this be?
Another thing, those terrorists travelled all the way from a distant place in Lahore to the Gaddafi carrying heavy arms and ammunitions without attracting a single eye, this is quite strange, isn't it?
The third question, normally the two team buses of the two teams start together, but in this case when the terrorists attacked the SL bus the Pakistan team was still at the hotel. Is this just a co-incidence ?
4th Q: The route which the SL team bus was supposed to take on going the Gaddafi, it was changed moments before the bus left for the stadium after an united decision. How come the terrorists got aware of this route in such a short time?
5th Q: How come the terrorists escaped?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I was watching Times Now a bit earlier. A live show about today's incident- one of the guests was an ex Pak army general called Quareshi. He has again started playing the same broken record which the Pak govt will play some days later- "Pakistan does not know anything, the terrorists were not Pakistani, Pakistan is not responsible, those who are accusing Pakistan are idiots, you have no proves against us" these type of things. I don't know how these illiterate morons become the generals of armies. We are supposed to fight terrorism together, but if some country/person continuously keeps denying facts like this then it will be very hard to work with it/them.

:eek:

I was told in school, and I thought I was being trolled. R.I.P to all those who met their ends today, and kudos to them for their acts, as well as the driver for his bravery. I cannot even imagine being the players, and umpires in such a situation, totally helpless, knowing they may be killed.

Have to feel very sad for the real Pakistan as well as Cricket's name altogether. :(

Last edited:
Another thing which will definitely raise questions is that not a single terrorist was injured/killed in the encounter, how can this be?
Another thing, those terrorists travelled all the way from a distant place in Lahore to the Gaddafi carrying heavy arms and ammunitions without attracting a single eye, this is quite strange, isn't it?
The third question, normally the two team buses of the two teams start together, but in this case when the terrorists attacked the SL bus the Pakistan team was still at the hotel. Is this just a co-incidence ?
4th Q: The route which the SL team bus was supposed to take on going the Gaddafi, it was changed moments before the bus left for the stadium after an united decision. How come the terrorists got aware of this route in such a short time?
5th Q: How come the terrorists escaped?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I was watching Times Now a bit earlier. A live show about today's incident- one of the guests was an ex Pak army general called Quareshi. He has again started playing the same broken record which the Pak govt will play some days later- "Pakistan does not know anything, the terrorists were not Pakistani, Pakistan is not responsible, those who are accusing Pakistan are idiots, you have no proves against us" these type of things. I don't know how these illiterate morons become the generals of armies. We are supposed to fight terrorism together, but if some country/person continuously keeps denying facts like this then it will be very hard to work with it/them.

You read my mind there, this incident has really opened a can of worms for pakistan and looks like there are no answers except the face that "Security in Pakistan = 0"

Also the security provided to the team bus was "two jeeps" from what I saw on TV and that cant be enough,
Pakistan will most probably face diplomatic isolation now bcoz they are very un-cooperative

Last edited:
You read my mind there, this incident has really opened a can of worms for pakistan and looks like there are no answers except the face that "Security in Pakistan = 0"

Also the security provided to the team bus was "two jeeps" from what I saw on TV and that cant be enough,
Pakistan will most probably face diplomatic isolation now bcoz they are very un-cooperative

They will not face diplomatic isolation some people really do post some rubbish on here...

Diplomatic isolation is too much. But this incident is quite unfortunate- and I don't get how some Pak armyman are still denying facts. Don't they have any hearts?

BTW, how is Samarewara? Is is thigh alright now?

The driver wasn't hit, the man driving the Umpires in the car behind was shot and killed immediately if thats who you're thiking of.

Yeah, there must have been a confusion in the details, as I just saw this:

The Sri Lankan wicketkeeper Kumar Sangakkara told Australia's ABC radio that he and his team mates probably owed their lives to their bus driver.

"We had an amazing driver who just kept driving the bus straight through all of that to the ground and that's probably what saved us."

I saw this news on TV, where they don't show cricket news. I still don't understand the reasoning about attacking a Sri Lankan team, because there aren't tense relationships with Sri Lanka with other countries.

Anyway in this bad news at all, the good news is that Sri Lanka players are safe and nobody has been dead, apart from the police agents. I also read about that a rocker launcher missed the bus and that a grenade, that was thrown under the bus, didn't have much impact on the bus. Luckily the driver of the bus reacted quickly.

A truly devastatingly sad day for cricket, my heart go's our to he families of those killed, the Sri-Lanken players, and the young ones who anent going to be able too see there hero's play.

In times like this, we are not divided by the nation that we support, but united by our sport.

Pakistan's cricketing future is apparently in 'serious doubt' because of a few extremists, I wouldn't mind hosting them, but I will feel uncomfortable about our players going there for a long time:crying

That's the reason the Indians canceled the tour it's ok even if the Pakistanis called the west and Indians pussies as life is more precious.

Pak_Crickter and zMario the persons who says Pak is safe and has top security :noway

the players are injured hope they recover soon as the bullets injuries are worst and it takes hell out of time to recovery

is it officially announced ?

Hosting rights taken from Pak?

IPL to be delayed ?

no international match in Pak?

Ban ?

That's the reason the Indians canceled the tour it's ok even if the Pakistanis called the west and Indians pussies as life is more precious.

Pak_Crickter and zMario the persons who says Pak is safe and has top security :noway

the players are injured hope they recover soon as the bullets injuries are worst and it takes hell out of time to recovery

IPL to be delayed ?

Ban ?

You are still bothered about them! Just put them in the ignore list. Let them say what they want to say. Who cares? It takes all sorts of people to make up a world. Just let them be what they want. If they get some peace by abusing other countries and believing a false fact that their country is totally safe, then be it. Just ignore them totally.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

IPL to be delayed ?

Ban ?

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. *Not clear* What ban?

Last edited:
I really hope the Si Lankan Cricketers are alright and RIP to all who died trying to fight these diabolic heartless people.

I thought Dhoni's comments were straightforward. He was thankful because the Indian government stepped in and barred the tour of Pakistan. The governments and boards don't really get commended for protecting the players like that, but after an event like this it is more than apparent that it could have been Indians and not Sri Lankans. Indeed, an attack that was carried out so well was probably planned long before the Indian tour was cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread