Strong command of the English language
Willing to be attacked for being a bad selection
Able to make tough decisions
Good judgement.

Indeed. :)

----------

Ok sir got it i have all the qualities you mentioned and much more than
that than could it be me who will be selected by admins team to moderate
Well you missed the "S" (Stong command over English) Sadly you can't be a staff member then.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Don't want to spoil the fun but even Mattw's statement was grammatically wrong. It should have been "Strong command of the over English language. Sorry for being a grammar Nazi, Matt.
If you're going to be one, be right. (also, Grammar Nazi is a title, so the G in grammar needs to be capitalised)

I googled your idea of 'correct' grammar in double quotes - and the results I got were all Indian job listings.

For 'of' vs 'over' - it's a matter of what I'm doing. For example - I have command over the forum rules, because I can edit them, you have command of the forum rules because you follow them. As for English, I don't make the dictionary/language therefore I don't have command over it, but because I can use it, I have command of it.

The Oxford dictionary example for 'command' is basically the same structure - "he had a brilliant command of English"

The responses here do a better job than I could be bothered doing of explaining why it is "the English language" not just "English language".

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you're going to be one, be right. (also, Grammar Nazi is a title, so the G in grammar needs to be capitalised)

I googled your idea of 'correct' grammar in double quotes - and the results I got were all Indian job listings.

For 'of' vs 'over' - it's a matter of what I'm doing. For example - I have command over the forum rules, because I can edit them, you have command of the forum rules because you follow them. As for English, I don't make the dictionary/language therefore I don't have command over it, but because I can use it, I have command of it.

The Oxford dictionary example for 'command' is basically the same structure - "he had a brilliant command of English"

The responses here do a better job than I could be bothered doing of explaining why it is "the English language" not just "English language".

Dear oh dear, Fenil. Now that is what I call pwned.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well if there's one thing this thread shows it's that Admin will continue to approach members we want on the staff team, not the other way round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread