Staying Longer in Crease

Hartley

Club Captain
After playing Some time with this game i cant able to play for more overs
my Max overs is 23 as i play at #3. yes i can hit more in mean time but some times i feel i can gain more if stay around longer
So my question is what should need to do for staying longer in this game
and how others are managing to play longer

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
You need as much patience as real cricket. Especially early on in your innings, don't play across the line of anything that's going to hit the stumps - always play straight to those. Wait for the bad ball and punish it!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I had this problem as a young man but age and tramadol seem to help with staying in the crease longer.

Lupin

School Cricketer
yeah it is patience and of course discipline.

i play with some rules, ie everytime there is a change of bowler, block the first three balls or always block the last ball of any over, dont go for boundaries when the field is spread instead take the single or block it etc.. this worked for me in first-class cricket and i am not the most talented batsman, as i have to preimitate my shots against fast and fast-medium bowlers.

Ren

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My batting rules:

Unless your batsman is at full confidence, don't ever intentionally go for the boundary.

Hit every ball without the aggressive trigger.

Play to the ball he bowls, not to the gap in the field. If they leave a juicy gap straight, they're trying to get you to drive much like in real cricket.

If you hit a boundary, look to defend or at least get off strike.

Rotate the strike in limited overs. 20 runs off 40 balls is better than 8 runs off 3 and out.

Change your thinking about gaps. A gap is an opportunity to get 1 or 2, not 4 or 6.

If I'm batting well and hitting boundaries, I try to assume I'm getting out next ball. That makes me think defensively when I need to.

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am not sure if it works that way. Every player has a strong zone. I agree being too attacking is not the right way, at the same time too defensive is also not going to work for you. I generally look how the wicket is behaving and try to work my innings on it. Recently scored 11 centuries in a around 17 innings. I target few bowlers, leave or play off their best bowlers. The maximum numbers of balls I played in a inning are 299, scored around 230.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just patience mindset like a real time. More I think to score more every ball, I have always been dismissed after 30-40 odd runs.

My max stay as opener is 49.3 deliveries where I helped my team to chase and win. It felt so good after that knock to exit the game and relax. ;)

Reactions: Ren

douglas93

Club Captain
Im much happier in tests than ODI and basically have a system of blocking spin unless the ball is a wide one and just picking up what you can from the quicks, it requires a lot of patience against the spin but over the course of a day its actually realistic in comparison to actual test cricket. Some dismissals are just bad luck/timing, I am trying hard to eliminate the ones which are my fault i.e. run outs, losing concentration.

Users who are viewing this thread