Steve Waugh: Australia could win 30 on the trot.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
STEVE Waugh last night declared Ricky Ponting's new band of Invincibles could win as many as 30 straight Tests if they maintain their blistering form.

Article

I think they could do it, but I think we should wait to see if we actually beat the record first before making these predictions.

Last edited:
Thats Bull. I worked it out. If we win the next 3 against India that takes us to 19, 3 against pak would take us to 22, 4 against the windies 26, two against Bangladesh 28 but no way we can whitewash India at home.

Well, we haven't lossed since the Ashes. We've had 1 draw. Against South Africa when Ponting let Hodge make his double ton. What a loser.

I think that India will nab or draw one game this series.
We'll see though. If any team can do it, it's Australia.

If 30 on the trot means no draws then thats a toughie. I reckon they can win 30 without losing though.

I think that India will nab or draw one game this series.
We'll see though. If any team can do it, it's Australia.

Nah mate, really people were saying that before the first test. The MCG was india's best chance because the wicket was just like the sub continent ones, even Sachin said that.

It's fair to say India don't have a hope in hell at Perth or Adelaide, however, who knows, they might just somehow manage to pull a draw out of their behinds in Sydney.

I'd really really be surprised if Australia don't win this 4-0, but who knows.. Cricket is a funny game sometimes.

In regards to the 30 wins in a row.. well I don't know, it's mostly to do with luck (look at the England v India series.. first test england had it won and rain starts.. surely you can't say that will never happen).

Thats Bull. I worked it out. If we win the next 3 against India that takes us to 19, 3 against pak would take us to 22, 4 against the windies 26, two against Bangladesh 28 but no way we can whitewash India at home.

Only would need the first 2 against India. Will be a tough ask going through all those series with no draw/loss. First mark should be passing the current one, then 20.

Yeah but we all know test matches are a different ball game so to speak. I mean you could lose the odd match in a long series.

India in India will be the toughy. But apart from that i really dont see any test playing nation that could really challange Australia at the moment. Maybe South Africa?

We'll probaly lose to the Bangers lol

If we win 4-0 against India, I reckon he might be right. I can't see us losing to the Windies or Bangladesh, Pakistan are an outside chance of an upset or draw. I reckon it's possible, but too early to make the call.

^^ Symonds would have to rock up drunk...
Considering the batting performance by SA against the windies its unlikely. Lol India are the best chance at the moment to end it.

Users who are viewing this thread