Winning a series doesn,t mean australia are a better test team than india

I dont get it.

Australia are the best test team in the world (i hate to say this), which automatically means that they are better than India.

yeah but look how long a discussion has such a futile topic entailed!!!:p

I was involved too!!!

m_vaughan said:
I dont get it.

Australia are the best test team in the world (i hate to say this), which automatically means that they are better than India.

well said..currently they are the best team in the world. :)

Winning a series doesn,t mean australia are a better test team than india

Agreed, winning a test series doesn't mean this, simply because even if they would have lost, they would have been better.

durrani1 said:
Actualy india is not a team which can stop australia winning series.The only team in the world which is talented and have super hereos is Pakistan who can win in Australia against aus. and beat them in any part of world. The only thing is not good is the character of some players.

sorry for this very late reply. i hope you got ur reply, durrani1 the way Pakistan were thrashed by Australia 3-0!

anyway, the series would have been drawn 2-2 coz the match in Madras was washed out and india only needed 200 odd to win!

theman said:
hello,
my dear friends have a look at this statsitic and tell who is the better between india and aus ifrom 1998 to 2004
1-aus tour india -india beat aus 2-1
2-india tour aus get there ass kicked and a white wash
3-aus tour india having a unbeaten for 16 tests and win the 1 one in mumbai and made india follow on and the best comebacks of whole cricket history aus get their ass kicked india win 2-1
4-india tour Aus with everyone predicting a white wash and on the first day of the first test everybody thought about a whitewash by aus but then captain ganguly and zaheer made the ausssies bow down.then dravid the" god" laxman as said by geof boycott took over and beat aus in the second test .but aus fought back to level the series .then sachin played a great innings and aus could have suffered 2-1 deafet on 5th day.but umpires and mr parthiv patel had other ideas and steve waugh for the last time saved australia .iseries drawn with india dominating aus .and taking home border gavaskar trophy .

5- aus tour india and in a time the worlds greatest batting line up was in shatters they would hardly score a run and win the series 2-0 and may be 3-0 .even risky ponting admits that they toured india at the right time when indian batsman were out of form.

so my conclusion is india have won the rubber 3 times including a drawn series and aus two times .so as of now aus are world champs in test but when indian batsman start playing well aus will have to give up the slot as this is a old team with players like warne or mcgrath who are their in the mid 30"s and allmost all players except ricky ponting ,clarke, are above 30 so their time is every short.i am not defending india but the stats show the truth .so please post your views freely

how can india be a better team than australia? australia won like 4 or 5 series last year and have beaten every team in world cricket. when india came out to australia for steve waughs fairwell the scg looked more like mumbai. if the australia ground staff took care of the aussies aswell as the indians take care of themselves we should have played at brisbane for the entire series. but they decided that putting singh and kumble on a dustbowl would make more sense. and then we went over a absolutly smashed them in india in their own backyard. stats or no stats, this maybe the greatest test team in history. mind you india got beaten lately by bangladesh :cheer

india got beat by aussies which made them realise that what thier weakness was... India had realised this that aussies do this so maybe we should try HARD and win the test match for our country... which they did in the last match. AUSsies made INDIA REALISE THAT THEY HAD A WEAK POINT AND NEEDED TO FIX OR DO SOMETHING BOUT IT!!. Which india did in the last test match against them in the recent series between these two teams... to me beenin an indian and seeing what india had done this season was well discraseful... INDIA didn't play good at all.. they didn't try at all man.. when we TRIED WE WON.. We beat south africa because we had tried in the test matches.... and then the juliee match against pakistan we just slacked off again beenin our weakness...INDIA is a good team but needs to be stronger.. and not always depend on tendulkar... we have many other good players like DRAVID, Ganguly,Laxmen etc...Yes india did get beaten by bang but why why did they they slacked off they thought bang wasn't a good team it was an easy win... and again they paid for it.... I dunno why MWaugh is happy that india lost to bang but i think india maybe should try harder and play better and get back up to the standings they should be in the odi table... They should be at 5 or 4... They are one of the best teams and yet because of there slackin off we are at 8 place out or 10 or 11 ethier 1 of those....India had set many records against aussies... Laxmen made 240 or somethign like that against aussies and tendulkar made his first high score in a test match i think or odi against them... So when india trys to win they can do it

indiancricketer said:
india got beat by aussies which made them realise that what thier weakness was... India had realised this that aussies do this so maybe we should try HARD and win the test match for our country... which they did in the last match. AUSsies made INDIA REALISE THAT THEY HAD A WEAK POINT AND NEEDED TO FIX OR DO SOMETHING BOUT IT!!. Which india did in the last test match against them in the recent series between these two teams... to me beenin an indian and seeing what india had done this season was well discraseful... INDIA didn't play good at all.. they didn't try at all man.. when we TRIED WE WON.. We beat south africa because we had tried in the test matches.... and then the juliee match against pakistan we just slacked off again beenin our weakness...INDIA is a good team but needs to be stronger.. and not always depend on tendulkar... we have many other good players like DRAVID, Ganguly,Laxmen etc...Yes india did get beaten by bang but why why did they they slacked off they thought bang wasn't a good team it was an easy win... and again they paid for it.... I dunno why MWaugh is happy that india lost to bang but i think india maybe should try harder and play better and get back up to the standings they should be in the odi table... They should be at 5 or 4... They are one of the best teams and yet because of there slackin off we are at 8 place out or 10 or 11 ethier 1 of those....India had set many records against aussies... Laxmen made 240 or somethign like that against aussies and tendulkar made his first high score in a test match i think or odi against them... So when india trys to win they can do it

whats this about india trying in the last match of the recent series against australia? did anyone see the wicket? test matches are designed to go for 5 days, this one went for just over 2. how almost 20 wickets can fall in the space of 2 days worth of cricket comes down to the fact that it was a substandard wicket that probably wouldnt have been of a high enough quality for most of our district games. plus from memory we were missing warne and hauritz made his test debut. remember the pitch where a left arm part timer to 6/9... clarke i think his name was. :hpraise . as for the laxmen theory, i think that was overcome just a little when we toured, as with dravid, shewag didnt do much, tendulkar was injured, and ganguly did very little, i think the best bat was probably patel. and who to thank, not a form slump from the whole team but mcgrath, gillespie, kasper and warney... oh and that other allan border medalist... clarke :hpraise . as for being beaten by bangladesh, anyone who gets beat by these also rans definatly does not deserve to be compared with the greatest team in the modern era

MWaugh said:
whats this about india trying in the last match of the recent series against australia? did anyone see the wicket? test matches are designed to go for 5 days, this one went for just over 2. how almost 20 wickets can fall in the space of 2 days worth of cricket comes down to the fact that it was a substandard wicket that probably wouldnt have been of a high enough quality for most of our district games. plus from memory we were missing warne and hauritz made his test debut. remember the pitch where a left arm part timer to 6/9... clarke i think his name was. :hpraise . as for the laxmen theory, i think that was overcome just a little when we toured, as with dravid, shewag didnt do much, tendulkar was injured, and ganguly did very little, i think the best bat was probably patel. and who to thank, not a form slump from the whole team but mcgrath, gillespie, kasper and warney... oh and that other allan border medalist... clarke :hpraise . as for being beaten by bangladesh, anyone who gets beat by these also rans definatly does not deserve to be compared with the greatest team in the modern era

No i dun believe that MWaugh.... IF aussies got beaten by BANG or Zimibawe then they would also so suck too very much dey be discrased... Man it happens and how do you know we could have won if tendulkar was there and ganguly did something instead of just doing very little... like i said bout sehwag and every1 else dey didn;t try... when team india TRy's They win like i said

Users who are viewing this thread