Wickets: 152
Avg: 29.21
BBI: 7-50
5WI: 9
10WM: 2
SR: 55.5
Econ: 3.15

Yeah, you're right- absolutely disgraceful :rolleyes:

yeah atleast you agree i am right ,see the stats yourself when did you last see a good bowler having a economy rate of 3.15 after playing so long and i have told you how he got hammered against india in aus so the aus selectors didn,t have the trust in stuart mcgill so they choose nathan hauritz ahead of him.and we are not sore losers we appreciate the fact that after 35 years a aus team has beaten us .don,t forget aus get all sponser and endorsements hear so it would have been painful to see them losing lkike in 2001 and doing endorsements .so its good they won but you have to admit it was not a complete indian side playing in all the tests .so don,t be so over confident aus are going to be thrased by new zealand and england next.stauat mcgill being better than anil kumble you seem to have lost your head

:boxing :D :p :noway

brad352 said:
SCG MacGill

Bowling
Overs: 1407.5
Maidens: 292
Runs: 4441
BBI: 7-50
Econ: 3.15

Yeah, you're right- absolutely disgraceful :rolleyes:

yeah atleast you agree i am right ,see the stats yourself when did you last see a good bowler having a economy rate of 3.15 after playing so long and i have told you how he got hammered against india in aus so the aus selectors didn,t have the trust in stuart mcgill so they choose nathan hauritz ahead of him.and we are not sore losers we appreciate the fact that after 35 years a aus team has beaten us .don,t forget aus get all sponser and endorsements hear so it would have been painful to see them losing lkike in 2001 and doing endorsements .so its good they won but you have to admit it was not a complete indian side playing in all the tests .so don,t be so over confident aus are going to be thrased by new zealand and england next.staurt mcgill being better than anil kumble or warne who ever you consider no 1 and 2 .so my conclusion is you seem to have lost your head my friend

:boxing :D :p :noway

We are not sore losers

change "we"to "I".Because he said you are a sore loser not someone else :p

EDIT-Btw theman,don't double post :p

Last edited:
SCG MacGill
Matches: 32
Eco: 3.15

A Kumble
Matches: 87
Overs: 4614.2
Runs: 11791
Wickets: 418
Avg: 28.20
Eco: 2.55
SR: 66.2
5WI: 26
10WM: 6

Kumble's average is just 1 run lower, you will notice, because even though Kumble is very economical, MacGill has the best strikerate of any Test spinner. He puts the batsman in an attacking frame of mind, one that usually has them risking their wicket. Almost 1 in 5 are bowled; almost 1 in 10 are stumped; batsmen clearly trying to score runs rather than defend. These are just blind statistics though. The stats barely hint at how many times Kumble has wiped out the opposition single-handedly. They also don't hint at how average his record is outside India. Interpreting statistics is pointless anyway. This I found more amusing:
don't be so over confident aus are going to be thrased by new zealand and england next
My conclusion is you seem to have lost your head my friend. :D

squiz said:
Australia have some up and coming cricketers:
Michael Clarke, Michael and David Hussey, Marcus North, Shaun Tait, Cameron White, Shane Watson, Daniel Marsh, Chris Rogers, Allan Wise, Andrew McDonald, Paul Rofe

just to name a few. None of them can break through into the senior team though because it's so powerful, and the only way they can get a game is through injury, and usually they replace players with other players with other ex test players:
Matty Elliot, Martin Love, Andy Bichel, and Stuart MacGill (2nd best leg spinner in the world, and can't get a game in the Aussie side) just to name a few again

So you can see the depth of Australian cricket, and it will still be pretty big in years to come, although the bowling department will have dropped off considerably, without the guns of today (McGrath, Gillespie and Warne)
Squiz man, just admit it this(bold face) is a case of writing in sleep. I don't see how otherwise a learned man like u can forget that there exists a leg spinner on this same planet who bagged 24 wickets when India toured Down Under, 20+ in his next test series and 13 in a match in the next one, that there's a contemporary leggie who has taken a 10wicket haul in an innings; that there's leggie around who has cleared the 400 barrier. Or did you mean Macgill was the second from the end of the queue? The statisitics - I wonder if the batsmen world over allow McGill to complete even 70 tests. If they do then it means serious dearth of good leggies in Aussie camp. I don't see the meaning of comparing one who has achieved legendary status already and one who has yet start at the G of the adjective "Good". Kumble's avergage is less than his by only 1 run - but consider the number of wickets he has taken, the number of overs he has sent down, and number of matches he has won for India. Come on admit it now - All u guys were just joking. If not, ur brains need some tweaking by a leggie.

The young names you have named - I saw some of them (esp. Tait) when India played Aus A in Hobart. Most of them must be good and some like Clarke destined for greatness. My point was that when these guys get the mantle they will be faced with two already settled and good sides(Biennially) - England and India. As to the ages of Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman and Sehwag I don't have a single doubt that these guyz are going to play till 2007 WC at least. Laxman am not sure. but the rest are sure of it. similar comparisons can be drawn with present English side. most of them may stay very much longer than that. And just following up ur admission that Aussie bowling will be weakened...with that aspect weak(without McGrath, Gillespie or Warne taking wickets), all of Indian batsmen and perhaps English too will be more than comfortable...proved was there last season Down Under.

I reiterate - Aussies are the best now. But just two years hence(or one year- Warne's broken thumb??), I don't see them being as dominant.

Last edited:
Yeah you have a point to some extent but i really liked this quote - ur brains need some tweaking by a leggie. - pure genious :)

angryangy said:
SCG MacGill
Matches: 32
Eco: 3.15

A Kumble
Matches: 87
Overs: 4614.2
Runs: 11791
Wickets: 418
Avg: 28.20
Eco: 2.55
SR: 66.2
5WI: 26
10WM: 6

Kumble's average is just 1 run lower, you will notice, because even though Kumble is very economical, MacGill has the best strikerate of any Test spinner. He puts the batsman in an attacking frame of mind, one that usually has them risking their wicket. Almost 1 in 5 are bowled; almost 1 in 10 are stumped; batsmen clearly trying to score runs rather than defend. These are just blind statistics though. The stats barely hint at how many times Kumble has wiped out the opposition single-handedly. They also don't hint at how average his record is outside India. Interpreting statistics is pointless anyway. This I found more amusing:
My conclusion is you seem to have lost your head my friend. :D

so tell me why mcgill was kicked out of the team? and you have surely lost your head angry angry just like you name .please don,t compare alegend to a stuart mcgillll

Last edited:
gold639 said:
change "we"to "I".Because he said you are a sore loser not someone else :p

its you who are making ridicolous posts .face the truth in this aus side most of the players won,t be their in the next 2 to 3 years and the type of reserves like brad haddin ,shane watson they are not up to it .i think you will agree so don,t blow your head i absolutely told the truth :D :D

I can't take you seriously anymore. Every post sounds like the Iraqi information minister.

theman said:
its you who are making ridicolous posts .face the truth in this aus side most of the players won,t be their in the next 2 to 3 years and the type of reserves like brad haddin ,shane watson they are not up to it .i think you will agree so don,t blow your head i absolutely told the truth :D :D
Obviously no one agrees, and we're the only ones backing up our opinions here, you're just talking crap

theman said:
so tell me why mcgill was kicked out of the team? and you have surely lost your head angry angry just like you name .please don,t compare alegend to a stuart mcgillll

Kumble = Bowled 80% of his matches on dust bowls in India
MacGill = Bowled 80% of his matches on wickets suited to everything in Australia, and has had to contend with his team-mates of the names of McGrath, Gillespie etc. taking wickets off him.

He wasn't included in the squad touring India because of his views on not visiting Zimbabwe. I'm not a big fan of MacGill, but I'll stick to my claims of him being the second best leggie in the world currently.

theman said:
what are you taking about i cleary mentioned tests put your damn specs on.and in aus if you remember brisbane was a wicket favouring aus and yes on currnet form aus have a better line up in batting and bowling but i think india has best batting line up in the world in the long term and aus are no where near them.and bowling aus are fast declining .So take that james

So Australia prepared one wicket to suit their side? That's pretty stupid, they should have produced four like India did.

And stuff current form. The best batting line-ups are the best batting line-ups not because they can score 750 declared on a flat pitch compared to 500ao; but because they always get 400+ game in game out, no matter who was in form or who wasn't, what the pitch was doing, who the bowlers were.

That's where Australia's batting has the upper hand, and because they play most their cricket on fast bouncy wickets, rather than flat wickets where the only real problem is spin, I can't see that changing for a while to come.

agreed although iam an indian and a proud one at that i would like to see kumbles and mcgills record in india and the subcontinent differently that would give a much clear idea .and by the way mcgill bowled a lot of overs in australian hard wickets whick are more suited for fast bowlers and kumble on these dusty indian tracks .
by the way the series loss to india is something they deserved if you dont score runs dont take wickets and dont catch catches you dont win and thats it
accept it australia are a way better team now and even 4 years from now on

ome
squiz said:
Kumble = Bowled 80% of his matches on dust bowls in India
MacGill = Bowled 80% of his matches on wickets suited to everything in Australia, and has had to contend with his team-mates of the names of McGrath, Gillespie etc. taking wickets off him.

He wasn't included in the squad touring India because of his views on not visiting Zimbabwe. I'm not a big fan of MacGill, but I'll stick to my claims of him being the second best leggie in the world currently.
dude hello wake up... u still are writing in sleep or what? 80% of Kumble's 20% of Kumble's matches means 15 matches...just 15 less than what that McGill has played(totally). and 20% of McGill? 1.6 matches...u wanna compare the records of a great bowler with a just-there bowler on the basis of these figures? wait I have some jolting figures to wake u up...i just hope that they do the trick...

If I am not wrong Kumble's played 87 tests as of now. Out of that according to Wisden he has played 44 on the dustbowls of India...thats just abt 52%...give u 8 % more in the whole subcontinent...there's still 40% to account for...being bowled around the world...and u didnt read my last post properly Kumble grabbed 24 wickets in 3 tests down under(Brisbane he dint play)...McGill played all four...in all four tests Aussie pacemen struggled to get the Indian batters out and still McGill couldn't capitalize on that failure of his teammates as Kumble normally does with his teammates.:rolleyes:

Two new faces are picked in place of McGill and u say he is second best inthe World?:noway He is not second even in Australia. I mean there may be someone far better there(presently). If there's no one better than him then I am very sorry to say that the land of Bosanquet, Benaud and Warne has run barren.

If all this rational reasoning doesn't affect u...then wake up and watch this
And if it still doesnt do any good see a leggie as I said. coz otherwise u will be like a stubborn kid who by mistake sang the tune wrong and stuck to it in the hope that it will turn out right someday. Alas! Here there's no chance of it.

Btw just as I am completing this Kumble's added one more 5 Wicket haul to his presetn tally of 18(home) and 26(overall). Bring on McGill.:)

Last edited:
sachinisgod said:
Two new faces are picked in place of McGill and u say he is second best inthe World?:noway He is not second even in Australia. I mean there may be someone far better there(presently). If there's no one better than him then I am very sorry to say that the land of Bosanquet, Benaud and Warne has run barren.

If you read my post you would of seen why MacGill wasn't picked

sachinisgod said:
Btw just as I am completing this Kumble's added one more 5 Wicket haul to his presetn tally of 18(home) and 26(overall). Bring on McGill.:)

WOW! It must be hard to get a 5 wicket haul on the wicket which Nathan Hauritz the off spinner from queensland who averaged 60 with the ball last season in PURA Cup, got 3 wickets!

Users who are viewing this thread