Will Australia play tests in India this year (2010)?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Buoyed by India's good performance in the recently concluded series against SA and the retaining of their No.1 rank, the BCCI is planning to cut short Australiaa's 7-ODI series in October and convert it to a "two test, three ODI series".

BCCI wants Australia to play two Tests in India - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Awesome. More tests, less ODI's. But why again only two tests? If BCCI can somehow get Australia to agree to 3 tests and 3 ODI's, then it would be a mighty fantastic tour. I pray that the BCCI can put 3 tests in and make Australia agree to it. Its good that we are squeezing in tests vs SA and AUS to try and have a shot at retaining and improving our rankings. And allot one test to Eden Gardens again, and the second one to probably Mumbai's Bradbourne or Bangalore (Chennai will be heavily raining that time).

Last edited:

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This would be good competitive prep for the Ashes. Wouldn't mind seeing it!

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
CA should give a green signal to the Test series. Australia versus India is always riveting to watch and it's a long time (year and half) since the Aussies last played Test matches in India!

Robelinda

International Coach
That would be awesome, the world must be going crazy when India want more tests than ODI's. Good stuff! The only downside is that we'll get our asses kicked and go into the Ashes in bad form. Turning pitches aint great preparation for England in Aus.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Buoyed by India's good performance in the recently concluded series against SA and the retaining of their No.1 rank, the BCCI is planning to cut short Australiaa's 7-ODI series in October and convert it to a "two test, three ODI series".

BCCI wants Australia to play two Tests in India - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Awesome. More tests, less ODI's. But why again only two tests? If BCCI can somehow get Australia to agree to 3 tests and 3 ODI's, then it would be a mighty fantastic tour. I pray that the BCCI can put 3 tests in and make Australia agree to it. Its good that we are squeezing in tests vs SA and AUS to try and have a shot at retaining and improving our rankings. And allot one test to Eden Gardens again, and the second one to probably Mumbai's Bradbourne or Bangalore (Chennai will be heavily raining that time).

Australia have a hectic schedule next home summer, thats why i reckon 2 tests its alone. But yea i hope they can get 3 tests & no ODIs.

The grounds i'd want to use are the BIGGGGGG Eden Gardens, Bangalore/Chennai & Mumbai.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
CA should give a green signal to the Test series. Australia versus India is always riveting to watch and it's a long time (year and half) since the Aussies last played Test matches in India!

We have been travelling to overseas lots specially to India. Its time for India to comes out of the comfort zone and play in Aus.

King Cricket

International Coach
SaiSrini said:
And allot one test to Eden Gardens again

There's no chance of Eden getting another Test match to host so soon. You know our "rotation policy" (or whatever they call it)!! :facepalm

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
That would be awesome, the world must be going crazy when India want more tests than ODI's. Good stuff! The only downside is that we'll get our asses kicked and go into the Ashes in bad form. Turning pitches aint great preparation for England in Aus.

Actually i think AUS could win if the pace attack is fully fit. Pace is what wins in India.

Guys like Hilfy, Watto especially can really reverse it - while Siddle aint that bad at it as well. Plus Krejza (hopefully they consider him) would be dangerous on a turner.

But even so dont think an IND series would affect AUS ashes chances to be fair. ENG unfortunately will be smoked either way..

Robelinda

International Coach
I dunno, we'd have to have no selection issues like in 08- so no Lee thats for sure. I dont see us winning in India anytime soon. But yes pace does to the job over there for overseas teams.

Bublu Bhuyan

School Cricketer
There was speculation about this much earlier when Dhoni and co. complained about lack of Test matches this year.

So we'll play 3 Tests against Sri Lanka (away), 2 Tests against New Zealand (home) and 2 Tests against Australia (home). And by the end of the year, we'll tour South Africa for 3 Tests and 5 ODI's. That's awesome.

P

pcfan123

Sounds great, just one thing. Can it be 3 matches?

Two match series are unsatisfying to begin with, its just a hell of a lot worse when it finishes 1-1 !!!!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Would have preferred having our return series first but I'll take this over those 7 ODIs they got planned. Agree it should be 3 matches, 2 could end up like the SA one and for such a big clash 3 matches should be a minimum.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We have been travelling to overseas lots specially to India. Its time for India to comes out of the comfort zone and play in Aus.

Yeah, we are anyway visiting Australia in 2011 for a 4-test series. And we are trying to squeeze in more test for this year instead of that meaningless 7-ODI series. I am eagerly waiting for the announcement that CA (and the Aussie team) agrees to the tests. They should be happy because they lost in 2008 in India and they get an opportunity in 2 years to erase that defeat.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Would have preferred having our return series first but I'll take this over those 7 ODIs they got planned. Agree it should be 3 matches, 2 could end up like the SA one and for such a big clash 3 matches should be a minimum.

Yeah, but even 2 is better than "no tests and 7 ODI's". Hope it happens!

P

pcfan123

If it does go through then you have to give some credit to India. They attain the number 1 ranking and then invite the Sa and Aus to play to defend it. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread