Summer Heights High?

Chris Lilley is a genius. We Can Be Heroes was pure class as well!

English comedy is excellent as well though.

Catherine Tate, Black Books, Monty Python, IT Crowd, Red Dwarf, the list goes on!

Chris Lilley is a genius. We Can Be Heroes was pure class as well!

English comedy is excellent as well though.

Catherine Tate, Black Books, Monty Python, IT Crowd, Red Dwarf, the list goes on!

Tbh, the list has barely started, i'm not a massive fan of any of those programmes. The likes of Blackadder, Harry Enfield and Chums, Mighty Boosh, Little Britain (first 2 series), The Office, Ricky Gervais: Extras, Phoenix Nights, Max and Paddy, we make some awesome comedy. :D

As well as a fantastic range of stand-ups such as Lee Evans, Jimmy Carr, Jeff Stelling and of course, my mate Ciarán.

But this Aussie bloke is a top man.

The Peep Show too, not specifically a comedy, but it's hilarious.

Don't forget Fawlty Towers, probably the best comedy of all time in my opinion!

It's funny that most of Australia's best comedies have been on the ABC, Kath & Kim (it was so crap on Seven), Summer Heights High, the Chaser. THe only notable one that the commercial networks have had is probably Thank God You're Here.

lol this show is so old... and its only just come out in pommy land?

was the bomb like a year and a half ago.

Don't forget Fawlty Towers, probably the best comedy of all time in my opinion!

It's funny that most of Australia's best comedies have been on the ABC, Kath & Kim (it was so crap on Seven), Summer Heights High, the Chaser. THe only notable one that the commercial networks have had is probably Thank God You're Here.

Black books, The Glass House, The Gruen Transfer(is that how you spell it) and Spicks and Specks sort of.

Only Fools and Horses - officially the best British sitcom ever! :cool:

TV programmes have to wait to be exported. Hustle, for instance, was shown in Sud Afrika a year and a half after it was on here.

Australia is ahead of Britain in terms of release though I think. We get most American shows before you.

@CDM, Glass House was great although it was a panel show rather than a proper sitcom or show. I still think the Panel was the best panel show of all time, Working Dog make the best shows (All Aussie Adventures, The Panel and Thank God You're Here FTW)

Dad's Army is a personal favourite. One of the only shows that can make me laugh out loud even if I'm on my own.

As has been said though, you're late on the whole Summer Heights High thing. My favourite character started off as Jonah until everyone kept talking about him, so I got sick of him and changed to Mr. G. You're nowhere near that phase yet by the sounds of things.

She was a party girl, with a bad habit.

Users who are viewing this thread