Super 8: 18th Match NZ v Pakistan

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Discussion for the match between New Zealand and Pakistan, scheduled to begin at 16:30 GMT on Saturday, June 13.

Pakistan have lined up for them pretty much a do-or-die match, here. With Ireland being considered a walk-over for the three Test nations, these two teams and Sri Lanka are battling for two semifinal spots. With the Kiwis notching up a comfortable win against the Irish and the Lankans repeating a similar feat against the Pakistani, there's all to play for, here. A win for New Zealand almost guarantees them a spot in the semis, while a loss for Pakistan almost guarantees an exit from the tournament.

There's all to play for, although Group F will be a lot clearer this time, tomorrow!

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Probably will be a tough contest given that NZ will be missing 2-3 key players and Pakistani batsman don't know how to bat, so it will even out. Pakistan's openers and spinners will be the key.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan openers are really poor.
I think Afridi should open because he is really poor at number 6 and he has scored four centrys in ODI when he opened

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Here are the predicted line-ups:

Team news

If Pakistan don't drop Salman Butt now then it will be the most emphatic confirmation that they are not taking this tournament seriously enough. Sohail Tanvir's troubles are more complex but now may not be the time to patiently see him through them. Razzaq is certain to come in. The question is who else will?

Pakistan: (probable) 1 Ahmed Shehzad, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Shoaib Malik, 4 Misbah-ul-Haq, 5 Younis Khan (capt), 6 Abdul Razzaq, 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Fawad Alam, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Mohammad Aamer, 11 Saeed Ajmal

New Zealand will only hope that both Daniel Vettori and Ross Taylor are fit enough to play.

New Zealand: (probable) 1 Brendon McCullum (capt), 2 Aaron Redmond, 3 Martin Guptill, 4 Scott Styris, 5 Jacob Oram, 6 Peter McGlashan (wk), 7 James Franklin, 8 Neil Broom, 9 Nathan McCullum, 10 Ian Butler, 11 Kyle Mills

Pakistan look to keep the spark alive
Pakistan look to keep the spark alive | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

bourneslaine

School Cricketer
Kiwis all the way I think... But Pakistan should come back with a bit of form from their last match against Sri Lanka.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Can't wait for this game, don't no whether to stay up or record it?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand: (probable) 1 Brendon McCullum (capt), 2 Aaron Redmond, 3 Martin Guptill, 4 Scott Styris, 5 Jacob Oram, 6 Peter McGlashan (wk), 7 James Franklin, 8 Neil Broom, 9 Nathan McCullum, 10 Ian Butler, 11 Kyle Mills

Why would cricinfo have Broom at eight?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I think if Pakistan are too have any chance in this game they need there fast bowlers too be tight in the first six over?s. Obviously that?s the plan for all 20/20 games but New Zealand doesn?t really have too many batsmen down the order that are that great against spin. Hopefully McCullum can get us off to a flyer today; Redmond should be fine too I?m expecting another quick half-century from him.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lets hope Ross Taylor is not fit.
And good to see Razzaq back and come on Pakistan you must win this

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I still think New Zealand will win, Pakistan's batsmen haven't looked that great during the world cup. I'm a little worried about Afridi and Amjal because I feel as though our middle order can be bogged down by good spin bowling.

Looking forward to watching Redmond again, like I said before the Ireland game he will be the top run scorer in the super 8's. ;)

nz0003

International Cricketer
I still think New Zealand will win, Pakistan's batsmen haven't looked that great during the world cup. I'm a little worried about Afridi and Amjal because I feel as though our middle order can be bogged down by good spin bowling.

Looking forward to watching Redmond again, like I said before the Ireland game he will be the top run scorer in the super 8's. ;)

Haha, I'm not gona doubt that either.

Styris is key, if he can keep it moving in the middle of the innings we should be right.

nz0003 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

BTW its 23 degrees and the sun is shining, so the game will be 20 overs, which is always good to hear.

P

pcfan123

they should bat afridi at 11 just to teach him a lesson. lets go Kiwis lets go!

Users who are viewing this thread