SWC vs BLC

svenweichbrodt

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello All,

Fantastic forum, keep up the good work. I am currently furstrating myself to death with the PS2 version of Cricket 2004 so I thought I'd try to get my old copy of Shane Warne cricket working on Windows XP. I've downloaded all the required files and followed all the steps mentioned in this thread but in the end I am told I need to insert the BLC CD, which I obviously don't have since I am an Aussie and only the SWC game was sold here.

Any words of advice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

brad352

Executive member
Nah, he downloaded all of the XP fixes to make BLC/SWC work- BLC and SWC are identical except for the logos anyway

svenweichbrodt

School Cricketer
Correct! My version is an original Codemasters version of Shane Warne Cricket 1999. However, when I try to update it with the WIN XP files I keep getting the message that I need to insert my Brian Lara Cricket CD.

Frustrating

espnstar

School Cricketer
they have a patch in blconline.com which you can download to make the game run guys try may be is going to solve your problem.

jim13

School Cricketer
i have same problem, and i have tried downloading the files and they have NOT worked...any other ideas?

i have jus downloaded the no CD patch, and it jus says its not a valid win32 application

vikx

School Cricketer
this happens because the no cd patch is meant for the files of Win 98 and not the patched Win XP files...so it gives a Win32 Error.

Killzone

School Cricketer
Try this:

Install the game normally

Then go to the cd, and in the "Programs" sub directory copy the following files:-

3dfx.exe
D3dHigh.exe
D3dLow.exe
D3DTNT.exe
game.exe
launcher,exe
software.exe

and paste them to your game directory, overwriting the ones u installed. I know it sounds weird, but somehow xp changes the files when installing them, and the exe. files from the installation wont run.

The game should now run. While the game loads, you will need to press "right arrow key" then "enter" when the picture of shane warne/brian lara appears to prevent the game hanging after the toss has been made in a game.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread