Tait's Action Looks Suspicous

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looked really really dodgy in the T20. You could see the bend in the arm in the replays. But he should be fine under the 15 degree rule.

Yeah, I really thought that too. It does look pretty dodgy. But im sure its under the degree limit.

I noticed that too,. I didn't wanna sound like a sore loser or anything. With his elbow problems, he might even be beyond the limit. It won't be intentional if he did bend it more then usual with the elbow problems he was having.

He is a slinger thats why it looks dodgy. Action is good and clean thats why the EA Cricket 07 fast bowlers have same action as Tait.

They showed a couple of Slow-Mo's on the highlights and it did look pretty dodgy. He gets the majority of his pace from his action, shoulder and elbow so maybe putting that much stress of his elbow has caused it to bend trying to relieve pressure since this op he's had.

Cricinfo
New Zealand have ensured there will be extra focus on Shaun Tait if he plays on his home ground on Friday after refusing to clear his action. The coach John Bracewell would not comment on Tait, who stunned New Zealand in the Twenty20 on Tuesday, after Daniel Vettori said there would be speculation over the validity of his deliveries because of their extreme pace

Tait's shoulder-strong technique, low delivery position and flexible wrist are behind the power that has pushed him to 160kph, but when asked whether he was happy with Tait's action Vettori said: "You ask Braces (John Bracewell) that one.

"I haven't looked at it in-depthly enough. I think people are going to speculate on it whenever someone bowls fast, it's always the first thing people look at. It's up to people that are on a position to comment on it to comment on it."

Bracewell, the New Zealand coach, has made a regular habit of stirring the Australians in previous series and was not talking. A team spokesman said it was a matter for Roshan Mahanama, the ICC match referee.

Mahanama said New Zealand had not approached him. "It has not come up for discussion at all," he said, "so there is no special comment on that."

Cricket Australia's chief executive, James Sutherland, was not alarmed. "This is the first time I've heard Shaun's action called into question and don't regard it as an issue that he needs to worry about," he told AAP. "I've always subscribed to the theory that you shouldn't make a fast bowler angrier than he already is."

Looks like your not the only ones'

73692659.jpg

Last edited:
Forget about 15 degree limits and that for now. I know it's a legal action, but if Malinga's allowed to bowl then Tait should be allowed to bowl.

i think Tait should be allowed but on the other side i kinda think it's unfair to some good pace bowlers out there , like Brett Lee , Shane Bond, and Dale Steyn who have proper actions, and im pretty sure if Tait where to straighting his arm ( and Shaoib Akhtar ) he would bowl slower, and maybe even less acurate, those are just my view on this whole thing.

What can then?
A video showing how much his arm bends as he starts to deliver, and another showing it as he releases the ball.

Also, it doesn't matter if his hand's straight when he delivers. That doesn't matter at all.

Malinga's action is not at all suspect ! The arm is very straight from what I've seen. It's just strange because it's round arm.

A video showing how much his arm bends as he starts to deliver, and another showing it as he releases the ball.

Also, it doesn't matter if his hand's straight when he delivers. That doesn't matter at all.

Malinga's action is not at all suspect ! The arm is very straight from what I've seen. It's just strange because it's round arm.

Yeah but you need to have a slow mo video to be able to tell and a frame can tell you if it is more then 15 degrees

Users who are viewing this thread