Tait's Action Looks Suspicous

Im afraid i gotta agree with Zorax. I never noticed it until that Twenty20 game the other night. Im not saying it is a chuck 100% but like Zorax, it didn't look right. Malinga is definately different with his action, but you can tell straight away that it is legal. Tait's just looked awry to me. My gut feeling was - that cant be legal?? There was a slo mo that looked really really suss but the commentators (Healy and someone) didn't even mention it though it was all i could think about...

Only similarity I can see between Malinga and Tait is that the actions are unorthodox, they are different though, I'd say Malinga's is lower and Tait has a lot more shoulder power in it, tbh without riling up the Aussies, Tait's action doesn't quite sit right, maybe like Murali he is a freak within the rules. This is all rumour though, until he gets no balled (remember this can only happen from Square Leg umpire) nothing more will come of it.

I'm a fan of Taits. It would be a shame if he was throwing. I think they're better off checking. Unlike a spinner, Tait could seriously hurt someone at his pace. e should be checked ASAP.

Being tested for chucking can be quite a demeaning and humiliating thing, I have an idea, like drug testing, why not have every bowler tested every 3 years or so? or atleast once in their career.

from the video that was posted Taits action looks Shoaib Akhtarish, the way that the arm bends and straitens. could be hyper-extension because thats what got Shoaib cleared. Also New Zealand should handle this diferently and report it to the match ref. if they think that his action is suspect.

Hahaha, you Poms and Indians make me laugh. Tait isn't a chucker - you guys are just wanting a chucker from Australia. Idiots.

Matt, you at least have a brain.

Hahaha, you Poms and Indians make me laugh. Tait isn't a chucker - you guys are just wanting a chucker from Australia. Idiots.

It's Australians and New Zealanders who also think it's suspicious. It's a bit strange how almost everyone who watched it noticed something strange about his action.

How many people have actually said he's a chucker outright? :rolleyes:

Can you blame people for speculating after seeing him in action in the T20? I know the Youtube video is hardly conclusive, but you can't blame people for thinking his action may be suspect.

Try not and be so rude in future too.

Very keen to see what Channel 9s take is going to be on this one.. Would they show the super slow mo of his action again.. Hmmmmm and would any of them actually comment on it.. Especially with the all aussie com box except for smithy of course..

its really impossible to bowl over 150 consistently with a straight arm,
every fast bowler has a "hyperextension" and it has been legalised,
so what if he throws,if murali,shoaib can do it surely he can also its legal
For me real fast bowlers are with high arm actions like harmisson.

Last edited:
If Murli can bowl so can anyone in the world.

New law allows bowlers with whatever action they have to be included in the range of appropriate action.

End of story.

:o

How are you not banned lol?

You can't be banned if you're Australian because their always right.
my arse
:D

Tait's action look alrightish today for me but i did see a bit of a bend and there's no way they can ban him because if they ban him they have to ban Shaoib Akhtar first Shaoib Akhtar's arm looks alot worst for me than Taits.

Thats the thing, Tait's action might be within limit like Murali's and Akthar's. All 3 look fine at first sight.

Users who are viewing this thread