TENDULKAR Declines-India's Test Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should say that when Dhoni came in,Ganguly was as good as on his way out.
Dhoni made his debut in Dec04 against Ban.Ganguly was all over by Jun2006,in Zimbabwe,when Dhoni wasn't keeping in Tests.

ganguly was out coz he tooks his captincy for granted...like skipping pratice session wit fake injuries..he feels like he is maharaja...thats y he made steve waugh wait for the toss..but too bad..his mahraja days r gone...

Wow, Tendulkar is legend in all aspects :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise Good reply by saying NO! I know that this would happen. It seems, i have understood Tendulkar better than those crap selectors or whoever suggested that worst idea.

I always backed up, he can't be a good captain and denied repeatedly and there is no sense in giving the job to him with which he is not comfortable with it. Tendulkar, atlast made some sense. ;)

I want to know have u watched ganguly captaining the side from april 2000?Have u watched the captains before?How ganguly made the difference?How he gave chances to yuvi,zaheer,bhajji,kaif,sehwag.And when dhoni came in ganguly was the captain.He decided to send dhoni at number 3 against Pakistan in vishakhapatam where he scored 148.:p

well i told u b4 i used to like ganguly captincy

he started as captain..in the india -south africa odi series in 2000

too bad the series was fixed.....

i liked his captincy in icc knock out in kenya..but his running btw the wickets let us down...tendulkar gettin out against newzland..in the finals...which cost us the match...

india cudnt win any finals...until the natwest series came..thanx to kaif n yuvaraj..we won it...dont say ganguly brought kaif and yuvaraj in to the team..kaif and yuvaraj made in to the team becoz of their performance in under 19 world cup...which india won..hence they got their places....

..kaif got kicked out soon wen ganguly was dropped samething wit zaherr he was dropped too..but zaheer became more stronger..wen he was made to play domestic matches..his performance is better than his previous performance under ganguly captincy ...

i remember mutali karthik..as victim of ganguly politics..murali karthik and ganguly had a spat during a domestic match..ganguly being the captain of indian team made sure that karthik doesnt get a chance...

so overall ganguly isnt a great captain nor a bad captain..ive given him credit..wen he showed his skills... ...dont be suprise if dhoni becomes the greatest indian captain ever coz..he is the guy who doesnt change wit power...

unforunately..he wont be selected as captain again ganguly loves captincy..it gives him the power..so he can dominate his team members and dominate the selectors...at the end ganguly shud try his hands in politics..he cud be good cunning leader

Last edited:

i liked his captincy in icc knock out in kenya..but his running btw the wickets let us down...tendulkar gettin out against newzland..in the finals...which cost us the match...

india cudnt win any finals...until the natwest series came..thanx to kaif n yuvaraj..we won it...dont say ganguly brought kaif and yuvaraj in to the team..kaif and yuvaraj made in to the team becoz of their performance in under 19 world cup...which india won..hence they got their places....
yuvaraj kaif zaheer khan were groomed by ganguly..kaif got kicked out soon wen ganguly was dropped samething wit zaherr he was dropped too

i remember mutali karthik..as victim of ganguly politics..murali karthik and ganguly had a spat during a domestic match..ganguly being the captain of indian team made sure that karthik doesnt get a chance...
And who gave kaif and yuvraj chances even after failing?Selector?no it was ganguly who was fighting for them.Ask any of these players who supported them initially they will all say Ganguly.
Your hatred for ganguly doesnt justify that ganguly is not a good captain.Go and check the records.He is the best captain india has produced.
And Sachin during his captaincy days was promoting his fellow mumbaikars in the team.Ajit agarkar is the result of that.

All comes down to Board politics doesnt it.
I have mentioned this in another thread.
Indian team has many Mumbaikars now that Pawar is in charge of the BCCI.
Tendulkar,Powar,Jaffer,Agarkar,Munaf,Gambhir[he used to play for Mum earlier],Khan ! and ofcourse Lalachand Rajput.
And who can forget Vengsarkar as the chairmna of selectors.

All comes down to Board politics doesnt it.
I have mentioned this in another thread.
Indian team has many Mumbaikars now that Pawar is in charge of the BCCI.
Tendulkar,Powar,Jaffer,Agarkar,Munaf,Gambhir[he used to play for Mum earlier],Khan ! and ofcourse Lalachand Rajput.
And who can forget Vengsarkar as the chairmna of selectors.
Yes you are right.

..kaif got kicked out soon wen ganguly was dropped samething wit zaherr he was dropped too..but zaheer became more stronger..wen he was made to play domestic matches..his performance is better than his previous performance under ganguly captincy ...

so overall ganguly isnt a great captain nor a bad captain..ive given him credit..wen he showed his skills... ...dont be suprise if dhoni becomes the greatest indian captain ever coz..he is the guy who doesnt change wit power...

unforunately..he wont be selected as captain again ganguly loves captincy..it gives him the power..so he can dominate his team members and dominate the selectors...at the end ganguly shud try his hands in politics..he cud be good cunning leader

Ganguly is a inspirational captain, he is aggreasive and motivative.

In the 2003 world cup final, Ganguly won the toss and rightly elected to bowl first, the wicket had something on it for the bowlers to expliot it, that was a aggreasive move, but his bowlers lost to plot in the final, Zaheer went for 10 runs in an average over, Srinath went for 87 off ten, neither bowler, bowled line and length, the Indian bowlers left India to chase an impossible 360 for victory.

Ganguly was figthing for Yuvraj and Kaif to stay in the team, not the selectors, Ganguly made team India.

Ganguly gave Dravid the wicketkeeping gloves in 2001, to avoid Dravid from being dropped, Ganguly had faith in all his youngsters and tried his best to keep them in the team.

wit that ganguly divided indian team...he formed his own gang excluding likes of sachin n dravid...thats not good my friend..he backed up players like, kaif zhaeer khan,harbhajn singh..wen they r struggling badly.....once they were dropped...they started everything again coz dada isnt there for backup... they make solid comeback...the performance of zaheer khan improved...under dravid captincy .harbhjan singh is improving under dhoni captincy...

ganguly is that kind of person..who wants dominate his team members...he dominated jhon wright ...but he cudnt dominate greg chappel..hence he was forced out of team on the basis of his battin performance...

y dravid failed as captain in 2007 world cup..simply becoz...none of ganguly chamchas wud listen to dravid...

ganguly destroyed career of murali karthik for harbhajan singh...infact ganguly never allowed left arm spinners dominate in his captincy...

Ganguly is a inspirational captain, he is aggreasive and motivative.

In the 2003 world cup final, Ganguly won the toss and rightly elected to bowl first, the wicket had something on it for the bowlers to expliot it, that was a aggreasive move, but his bowlers lost to plot in the final, Zaheer went for 10 runs in an average over, Srinath went for 87 off ten, neither bowler, bowled line and length, the Indian bowlers left India to chase an impossible 360 for victory.

Ganguly was figthing for Yuvraj and Kaif to stay in the team, not the selectors, Ganguly made team India.

Ganguly gave Dravid the wicketkeeping gloves in 2001, to avoid Dravid from being dropped, Ganguly had faith in all his youngsters and tried his best to keep them in the team.

dravid was made wicket keeper batsmen becoz ...they werent wicket keeper batsmen...u shud give credit to rahul dravid for accepting to keep wickets...
ganguly backed up parthiv patel deepdas gupta but they failed to deliever ..so he doesnt have choice but to go for dravid ...dravid had a great record under ganguly captincy...so y the hell he wud be dropped:rolleyes:

regarding 2003 worldcup..ganguly failed to control zaheer khan...wanderes ..the pitch was a batting beauty...ganguly choose to bowl first becoz...india lost to australia badly in the group stages.....south africa chased down 400+ runs on the same pitch 1 year back...once sachin failed...sorav knows its all over..

Last edited:
wit that ganguly divided indian team...he formed his own gang excluding likes of sachin n dravid...thats not good my friend..he backed up players like, kaif zhaeer khan,harbhajn singh..wen they r struggling badly.....once they were dropped...they started everything again coz dada isnt there for backup... they make solid comeback...the performance of zaheer khan improved...under dravid captincy .harbhjan singh is improving under dhoni captincy...

ganguly is that kind of person..who wants dominate his team members...he dominated jhon wright ...but he cudnt dominate greg chappel..hence he was forced out of team on the basis of his battin performance...

y dravid failed as captain in 2007 world cup..simply becoz...none of ganguly chamchas wud listen to dravid...

ganguly destroyed career of murali karthik for harbhajan singh...infact ganguly never allowed left arm spinners dominate in his captincy...

dravid was made wicket keeper batsmen becoz ...they werent wicket keeper batsmen...u shud give credit to rahul dravid for accepting to keep wickets...
ganguly backed up parthiv patel deepdas gupta but they failed to deliever ..so he doesnt have choice but to go for dravid ...dravid had a great record under ganguly captincy...so y the hell he wud be dropped:rolleyes:

regarding 2003 worldcup..ganguly failed to control zaheer khan.....hell no ..the pitch was a batting beauty...ganguly choose to bowl first becoz...india lost to australia badly in the group stages....dude wanderes pitch is battin beauty...south africa chased down 400+ runs on the same pitch 1 year back...
Sorry none of us is getting your points.
And about making gangs plz give some proves of that.Dont believe on papers always.They were saying the same thing about Sachin and Dravid also.

i said...ganguly made zaheer khan .harbjhan singh take their places for granted...thye know even they play badly..dada is there to back them up

once ganguly was dropped...zaheer khan n harbhajan singh were dropped...
selectors showed them that this is not some poltical party its indian cricket team...hence they started it all over again ...playin domestic matches and county cricket..

i am not sayin by reading newspapers all these stuff was said by the selectors of indian cricket team+ greg chappel report...

india early exit in world cup is due to rift btw senior players ,coach and captain...

y indian cricket team is not able to be world champions?..simply becoz of all these dirty poltics..and rift btw team members...

i said...ganguly made zaheer khan .harbjhan singh take their places for granted...thye know even they play badly..dada is there to back them up

once ganguly was dropped...zaheer khan n harbhajan singh were dropped...
selectors showed them that this is not some poltical party its indian cricket team...hence they started it all over again ...playin domestic matches and county cricket..fans of ga

i am not sayin by reading newspapers all these stuff was said by the selectors of indian cricket team+ greg chappel report...

india early exit in world cup is due to rift btw senior players ,coach and captain...
And those same selectors also said that Chappell was the cause behind the rift b/w senior players.:p

And those same selectors also said that Chappell was the cause behind the rift b/w senior players.:p

yes...sachin sorav had their egos..and greg chappel made it worse wit his own ego...and didnt u miss selectors sayin the team has made groups like sachin group and ganguly group ? and greg chappel sayin seniors r behaving like mafia

bcci fooled indian cricket fans by covering this ugly issue...

u still didnt get y i dont think saruv is a great captain ?

if he was a great captain..bcci wud have made him the captain the moment dravid resigned...

thats it im out of here today..have a good day ;)

Good on him to turn it down.
India need a young captain like Dhoni who will take them to the future. Sach is a great captain and knows it so its would be best for him to concentate on his batting, which is his best suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread