TENDULKAR Declines-India's Test Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni is still a baby in test cricket. Giving him test captaincy so early may even affect his batting. And if it does India will loose her Adam Gilchrist. Ganguly is the best man right now. He guided india to the 03 WC Final. He guided India to the Natwest Trophy win. He is the only captain who has won both the test and ODI series against pakistan in the soils of pakistan. Have you guys forgotten the 01 Aussie Series? I dont care what wicked dude says about him. Right now India has no replacement for Ganguly. But as he has a bitter relationship with the BCCI i highly doubt whether he will be selected as the captain

if ganguly is a great captain ...bcci wud definately bring him back as a captain..wether its sharad pawar or dalmiya or any other bcci president ......bcci knows ganguly dirty poltics..backin up his fav players...and dominating coaches...so bcci wud never give power to ganguly.....kumble,laxman and dhoni...shud be the choices..

Dhoni should be the new test Captain for India IMO.

if ganguly is a great captain ...bcci wud definately bring him back as a captain..wether its sharad pawar or dalmiya or any other bcci president ......bcci knows ganguly dirty poltics..backin up his fav players...and dominating coaches...so bcci wud never give power to ganguly.....kumble,laxman and dhoni...shud be the choices..

Sreesanth, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Dravid, Shewag- It was GANGULY WHO DISOCOVERED ALL THESE SUPERSTARS.
And what do you mean by Ganguly's dirty politics??????????????? Please make it clear. WHAT TYPE OF DIRTY POLITICS???????

Dominating Coaches eh................Please tell me that Ganguly dominated J WRIGHT, Ganguly dominated Chappell as because Greg insulted Ganguly and asked him to resign from captaincy.....EVEN THOUGH HE WAS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL CAPTAIN OF INDIA

TimesNow has reported that Yuvraj is a dark horse for the Test captaincy..
Just imagine

MSD- ODI captain,Test vice-captain
Yuvi-ODI vice-captain,Test captain.

TimesNow has reported that Yuvraj is a dark horse for the Test captaincy..
Just imagine

MSD- ODI captain,Test vice-captain
Yuvi-ODI vice-captain,Test captain.
i dont think yuvi will be the test captain.Why dont they make Ganguly our test captain and dhoni vice-captain.Plain and simple.:mad:

Well,it is pretty clear that the Board wants a good leader for the series aginst Pak and Aus only.Next December,MSD will captain all three formats of the game.

In the present scenario,they should go to Ganguly.If not him,go for Kumble.
Kumble has acted as a captain in only one ODI against England in 2002.
Try him out.
Cricinfo' Sanjay Manjrekar believes he is the right man to lead us at this time.

well...now that tendulkar has declined.....i think it should be either kumble
or ganguly....i'd prefer ganguly...he has done it before...he can do it again....
Dhoni would be a disaster and too much pressure on him.....he would cry
by the end of a series...!!!

Can someone explain why Dhoni would be pressured so much.. He does fine in the ODIs and Twenty 20 what would make it so bad in tests? Think it'd be a good choice..

Sorry I know nothing about indian cricket infrastructure so excuse my ignorance.

Geez, I never realized that India were so old!

The only youngster is Dhoni...

Geez, I never realized that India were so old!

The only youngster is Dhoni...
The test team is pretty old, yes. We've got the "Big 3" + Kumble + Laxman which is 5 of the 11. Depending on who we are opening with, though, and our bowlers, we can have some amount of youngsters.

Can someone explain why Dhoni would be pressured so much.. He does fine in the ODIs and Twenty 20 what would make it so bad in tests? Think it'd be a good choice..

Sorry I know nothing about indian cricket infrastructure so excuse my ignorance.

Its only beacuse of the series ahead that ppl are specualting.

Mind you,if it were New Zealand tour instead of Australia,the selectors would have handed over the Test captaincy to MSD directly.

I'm going to close this on the pretence that further discussion can go on in the new Indian Captain Announced thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread