Terrible game. Full of bugs. Who else agrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't figure out why folks rate IC 2010 ahead of AC09. IC 2010 was barely a patched AC09 but screwed up online gameplay, which was like taking a step forward and 10 backwards.

DBC 14 offline is the best cricket game till date. However based on what we've seen so far, AC09 is ahead in terms of online gameplay.

If you discount the online stuff, I think IC10 was way ahead of AC09. Things improve a LOT once you have a base to work with. IC10 had infinitely better tuned mechanics, AI and generally was a lot more polished than AC09.

With regards to DBC, sadly my local did not have a copy so I still haven't played it. But I spent a lot of time with the academy, and I've seen a lot of videos and I've read a lot of opinions on here I trust...
Proud of IC10 though I remain, even I raised an eyebrow at that "review" saying DBC was inferior. ;)

If you discount the online stuff, I think IC10 was way ahead of AC09. Things improve a LOT once you have a base to work with. IC10 had infinitely better tuned mechanics, AI and generally was a lot more polished than AC09.

With regards to DBC, sadly my local did not have a copy so I still haven't played it. But I spent a lot of time with the academy, and I've seen a lot of videos and I've read a lot of opinions on here I trust...
Proud of IC10 though I remain, even I raised an eyebrow at that "review" saying DBC was inferior. ;)

They are just attention seeking.

Have to disagree on the IC 2010 & AC09 comparison Chief. IC2010 was a very similar game to AC09 except for the batting camera angle. But IMO one thing Ashes franchise had gotten right was the online gameplay. I absolutely loved AC09 for it and it was the biggest reason I played AC09 for so long. I played IC 2010 for couple of weeks and went back to AC09 for online gameplay. The improvements made in IC 2010 over AC09 were not as big as the drawback of messed online gameplay was.

Again, that's my opinion but both AC09 and IC2010 were some of the better cricket games and it's a shame AC 2013 turned out the way it did. I really thought Ashes/IC franchise was on the right track and it would have been great competition for DBC franchise and generally great for cricket gaming fans. As for folks saying DBC 14 is inferior to earlier cricketing games (barring online gameplay which I think AC09 nailed perfectly), I have no idea how they can make such a statement if they have played cricket games.

The thread starter is kind of aggressive to be honest. There are better ways to express your opinions that just pure rage typing. This goes the other way too though, don't sit there and play the game for 10 minutes and call it a 10/10.

I personally bought this game and the first 2-3 days i was obsessed and thought it was amazing but this all started to change the longer and longer i played. Now 8-9 days later i am at the point where i do not even touch the game anymore.

There are so many issues in this game and those that think this small patch addressing runouts, fielding and fielding radar is going to fix everything are highly deluded.

I don't think condemning the game this early is reasonable either, in my opinion it is a good foundation and there is no doubt they can get it spot on in future patches or a sequel but unfortunately i do not see this happening anytime soon.

It is disappointing the way some of the senior members in this forum act. There are several people that brought some of these issues(+more) up before in other threads, myself included and we got shot down and told to stop complaining or "GO AND PRACTICE MORE". These comments came from quite a lot of guys that hadn't even played the game yet.

Very irritating when you bring up concerning issues about a game and the same people that disagree with you are in the 'issues & anomalies' thread 3-4 days later complaining about the same exact issues

The game is fun on a short term basis but if you are looking for a realistic sim experience it is currently a little bit of a let down.

Start a thread, Troll a forum, get pages of replies. Start a thread, suggest iOS integration for stats, get 4 replies.

I'm doing it all wrong.

@Lordrolo;

I might be one of the few who agree with you. The game isn't what I was hoping for & I was probably the first one here to claim that it isn't the best cricket game ever. For me that's BLIC'99. IC'10 still has some superior features compared to DBC'14 i.e. graphics, camera work, proper stadiums, proper world cup structure (you can select a region to play the WC instead of playing it all around the world), ability to have two players play on same side, etc etc...

But DBC'14 isn't completely bad. It does wear on you slowly regardless of the flaws. I have found it fun to play in two players. & the AI does try to put up a fight unlike IC'10. DBC'14 does fall short on all that you have pointed, but it takes a slight lead against all the other cricket games when it comes to the gameplay.

Also I don't want to miss out on the crowd reaction. In this regards IC'10 SUCKS! This one simple flaw put me off IC'10, believe it or not.

Last edited:
agree with op game is a disgrace its a shame becuase there probably wont be much more cricket games for a while

----------

the game seems very unresponsive

Terrible game.
No.

Full of bugs.
No. No major biggies, but the game has a steep learning curve.

Who else agrees?

No one I know Who has bought the game complained so far, in fact they love the game play so so much, they don't even care about the little bugs. Everyone is just waiting for the patch and eagerly awaiting the next iteration. I vote for DBC 15 to be made the Official Game of the World Cup 2015. Who Else Agrees? :yes

A wonder if he has any other accounts split personalities ?:spy

Anyway I love the crusade some people think they need to go when they dont enjoy something and cant stand it that others do enjoy it and feel they need to convince others that their enjoyment is an illusion. Waste of time really.
:spy

Who else agrees?

Dont you need to start a new thread to ask that question?

Last edited:
Saying "it's going to be patched" doesn't mean his points are meaningless though. People are well within their right to review the thing they bought off the shelf.

Absolutely but don't make them out to be game-breaking bugs that render the game into nothing more than a beer mat.

only had 2 innings with the bat, the first a nice golden duck, the second 7 from 19 balls not out, was pleased with that included a cover drive 4. Im a number 10 bowler so I'm sure batting isn't impossible :)

The issues ive found arent q breaking but in my opinion fairly major and I know some of them will be sorted.

Run outs although not happened to me happen frequently to the poor old AI.

the AI think there in a T20 every innings. Dont seem to play to a situation, I was at the non strikers end in the last match, we needed 7 to win from 25 balls and the number elevens trying to wack everything, he missed 4 times before getting out lol

The fielders are super human, sure they've all been bit by radioactive spiders.

lol IC 2010, For me that game was very average I still own it on PS3 but haven't played it for ages, Some of the batting shot animations look terrible, getting 800+ runs in a test innings with only losing a couple wickets on the hardest difficulty yeah great game IC 2010 was.

My opinion about whats wrong with this guy.
1. Everything will be patched soon that is Big Ant.
2.He simply sucks at this game and is unable to acknowledge the fact that no game is perfect.
3.This game is great and 90% of people can agree that this game is better than previous games.
6.lordrolo should go to the ea cricket 2007 forum and rot in thier.
7.he is simply a ----. :yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread