Test Cricket Draft

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, you think you know a lot about cricket? You think you have a good general knowledge of players? Well put your knowledge up to the test.

I am running a cricket draft. It is very similar to the ODI Draft, but it is for Test Cricket.

The players available for selection is anyone who has played a Test match from the end of World War 1 - 11th November 1918 onwards. Their performances before 1918 count, as long as they play a test after 11th November 1918 1918.

If you are interested, you must have a good activity level and be able to come on nearly every day of the week.

I reckon between 8 and 12 is a good number. 2-3 reserves are also handy if some people miss 3 rounds.

If you know you are going to be away, PM me your next 3 picks numbered 1 to 3 in personal choice and I will post them up for you if you are not on when the time limit is up.

The time limit is 24 hours.

Current people signed up:
1) Jakester1288
2) metallics2006
3) Dare
4) Crew of Black
5) aussie_ben91
6) mrtwisties
7) King Pietersen
8) King Cricket
9) Bladescape

Official order
1) Bladescape
2) mrtwisties
3) King Pietersen
4) Dare
5) metallics2006
6) Jakester1288
7) King Cricket
8) Crew of Black
9) aussie_ben91
10) Feelin Blue?

Reversed for round 2, then back to that for round 1.

Last edited:
When you make your selections, please write a short paragraph to accompany it perhaps saying why you picked them or what they add to your team.

eg.

Joe Blogs
Joe adds a lot of depth to my middle order, his average of 44 makes him a certain pick. He can also roll the arm over if needed.

4. Joe Blogs

Might as well do this one as well.

In.

Jakester1288 added 6 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

By the way this will be going the same way that the ODI one does. Player 1 starts round 1, player 8 finishes it, player 8 starts round 2, and player 1 finishes round 2, and so on.

Also, I will be using a randomizer to work out who goes first, second, etc. There will be 12 rounds, as well as picking a ground at the end.

Also, at the end if you like you can write up a summary of your team, because I will be creating a new thread and members of PlanetCricket vote who has constructed the best team. A write up will help sway their vote in your favor.

Is Don Bradman available? Because his selection would make anyone's team undoubtably the best.

No it wouldn't, and yes he is available. Anyone who played at least one game of first class or test cricket from November (or whenever the war ended) to date is available.

You should have PM'ed me the question.

Last edited:
Is Don Bradman available? Because his selection would make anyone's team undoubtably the best.

don't mention players names, it ruins the draft. read what jakester wrote, anyone that played a test after 1918 (stats before 1918 will count as long as that player has played a test after 1918).

I absolutely cannot wait for this to start. A little disturbing, perhaps - but true nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread