Test Cricket Draft

don't mention players names, it ruins the draft. read what jakester wrote, anyone that played a test after 1918 (stats before 1918 will count as long as that player has played a test after 1918).
Well, obviously Bradman is going to be everyone's first pick. His the most famous cricketer/sportsman of alltime? Duh! Plus his worth as much as two batsman averaging 50, so the team that selects him is already at an advantage and unless they pick another 10 hacks in their team then they aren't going to lose.

Well, obviously Bradman is going to be everyone's first pick. His the most famous cricketer/sportsman of alltime? Duh! Plus his worth as much as two batsman averaging 50, so the team that selects him is already at an advantage and unless they pick another 10 hacks in their team then they aren't going to lose.

I have a good idea. In this game Sir Don is the star of all stars, right? Then how about organizing a mini-auction here in PC which will decide who will get Sir Don. vCash will be our money. And Jaker will fix a maximum bidding limit, and he will tell us the time and date of the auction- that time we will all be active and bid for Sir Don. Just one player (Sir Don) will be put in the auction. This will be great fun. Otherwise, if we don't do things like this, it will be a bit unfair to our different members here, who joined this game late like me- as we will never get Sir Don.

; said:
I have a good idea. In this game Sir Don is the star of all stars, right? Then how about organizing a mini-auction here in PC which will decide who will get Sir Don. vCash will be our money. And Jaker will fix a maximum bidding limit, and he will tell us the time and date of the auction- that time we will all be active and bid for Sir Don. Just one player (Sir Don) will be put in the auction. This will be great fun. Otherwise, if we don't do things like this, it will be a bit unfair to our different members here, who joined this game late like me- as we will never get Sir Don.
This game is supposed to be quick and simple. What you are suggesting would make it complicated.

To Ben: Why? He is like the "king" of a chess game. Auction is a better idea. It will be real fun.
To Met: Not complicated. It will be fun. Sir Don is like the ultimate "master" card. Who gets him....it's like the "Scooby Snack" of Scooby Doo. And the auction will be over within five minutes if we all stay active at the time of auction. Just one player will we bid for- Sir Don.

Last edited:
The team that gets the Don, will win regardless of how good the other teams are. The ODI's are even because their is no Sir Don.

The team that gets the Don, will win regardless of how good the other teams are.

The other teams can still win. If they pick 11 really good players. Sir Don= Sir Jack Hobbs + Sachin. Will you agree? And 1918-2009, it's a real long time, a number of these type of great players will be available for picking.

Users who are viewing this thread