test cricket pacing help

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
can we modify the way the cpu paces their innings in test only without modifying the other settings like the difficulty level and without modifying the settings of the ODI

1234 said:
can we modify the way the cpu paces their innings in test only without modifying the other settings like the difficulty level and without modifying the settings of the ODI

If batsman are scoring to slowly to start off the innings then change more attacking strokes to Defensive, if they are to aggressive at beginning of the innings change some of the defensive shots to Moderate or aggressive.

Also something that affects the pace of an innings is if the Power of the shots is to high so the ball always goes to the boundry, if there are some shots that always go to the boundry then reduce these. Also good to make sure that only key frame 2 shots (perfect timing) have enough power to reach the boundry. Key frame 0 & 4 I make go straight up in the air, key frame 1 & 3 enough power to get a single or 2.

One last point to reduce the amount of 6 hit shots being played when batsmen are settled I set all the difficulty6 values to over 300000 now im finding some cpu batsmen are capable of making big totals now instead of getting to 60 then being caught slogging.

Ive also completely stopped the cpu batsmen being out stumped now which used to annoy me as it happended to often, cant remeber what i did but can find out if you need to know this?

I find altering the Stroke values better than amending things like cpurequest, cpurandom and have more of an affect to the pacing in test matches.

can u tell me an exact way of making the CPU players score at a brisk rate of 4-5 in the test matches

"Ive also completely stopped the cpu batsmen being out stumped now which used to annoy me as it happended to often, cant remeber what i did but can find out if you need to know this?"

yes, I would like to know this, can you please recall?

1234 said:
can u tell me an exact way of making the CPU players score at a brisk rate of 4-5 in the test matches

Only way I know is trial and error, I kept tweaking the shots power changing shots type between defensive, moderate & aggressive till I was happy. Managed to get a run rate of around 3-4 sometimes bit less sometimes a bit more.

muru said:
"Ive also completely stopped the cpu batsmen being out stumped now which used to annoy me as it happended to often, cant remeber what i did but can find out if you need to know this?"

yes, I would like to know this, can you please recall?

I found a post Prakash wrote

"I am using the same list file which found in config editor 3. I think the key to find those advance shots is the frame number(which will be located below the keyframe), for the normal shots the frame number will be < 30 and for the advance shots it will be > 30. I am not entirely sure whether this will work or not."

I made all the shots where the frame value was greater than 30, not to be used ie by putting the values Ballbatsmen 9 Ballstumps 9 etc and it seemed to work.

Users who are viewing this thread