Test Cricket tweak

Rahul

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
jonah...yup i do visit the sg forums pretty regularly...but i'm not rahulm mvora...i dont edit fifa stuff....rahul mvora is the 1 who makes kits....do u visit that forum??

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by rahulm5
just 1 thing i have noticed in the patch ....in test matches...when i play the cut shot.....even though i time it fine still lots of time there are edges and the ball goes onto the stumps......

Give your batsman a little bit of time in the middle and then play the cut shot, it will then come good most of the times. When coming up with the patch, we pretty much decided to keep the scoring shots less unless the batsman settles down. Imagine if you could time the shot well throughout an inning and with the number of short balls bowled by the CPU, you can play entire inning depending on one single shot. Let me know if I am not making any sense.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by mike(ex jonah)
Hey rahulm, are you the same guy who posts over at the FIFA 2003 forums at SoccerGaming?

Hey Mike, how are you doing mate? Excellent series your lads had against the Saffies, you must have enjoyed it.

Radaga

International Coach
Guys the cut shot edge shouldn't be that big a problem.
My advice is to play straight shots (i.e. drives) untill the batsman has atleast made 20. Before then most cuts and pulls will not be much good to you.

And the edge going onto the stumps is good, thats what it does in real life, a lot of people get out from chopping it onto the stumps.

Also i have found with the timing of shots in these patch's is that you should be a bit later on the shot than normal.
With the old settings you could usually play shots just a fraction early, but with this patch you must hit it exactlly or your shot will provide an edge, go straight up in the air, or just die and go nowhere.

M

mike(ex jonah)

jonah...yup i do visit the sg forums pretty regularly...but i'm not rahulm mvora...i dont edit fifa stuff....rahul mvora is the 1 who makes kits....do u visit that forum??

Ok rahul, just wondered:) . Yeah, I'm often over at the SG forums, don't post that often though...

M

mike(ex jonah)

Originally posted by crick4life
Hey Mike, how are you doing mate? Excellent series your lads had against the Saffies, you must have enjoyed it.

Hi Ravi, how are you? Long time no hear. I had some troubles logging onto the site after it was re-organised (hence the name change), so wasn't here for awhile. Thanks to Zim for sorting it out:) . I also haven't played the c2k2 for awhile, but will probably start again when England's tour of Bangladesh gets underway.
Yeah, it was an excellent series against SA. Maybe we were a little lucky to come out of the series at 2-2, but what a great fightback in the 5th test at the Oval. An excellent send off for Stewie, and great to see Thorpe back in the team. Looking forward to the winter tours now...

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
hi.....i've been asking everywhere........

from where can i download this patch.........looks like a gr8 patch to me....i also want this patch....

from where can i download this patch......???????????

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
hi.....i've been asking everywhere........

from where can i download this patch.........looks like a gr8 patch to me....i also want this patch....

from where can i download this patch......???????????

Go to the previous page and download the four files Ragada has posted. Thats pretty much you need to do.

Rahul

International Cricketer
ravi i guess u're rite...i'll play the test match with more patience and let u know

i tried the 1 day patch as well....it's pretty good...only a couple of things i noticed......is it possible for me to get the sweep shot back??? it's very useful against the spinner.....
and secondly the front foot late cut shot goes very square.....it shud go to 3rd man...it looks weird when i play that shot and it goes to point or cover!!! just played 1 game and telling u my comments...otherwise it looks pretty good...makes the game much tougher....

and lastly isnt there any way for u to create 1 exe in which we can choose any of the four options like odi batting...odi bowling...test batting.....coz otherwise we have to keep installing the diff 1's while playing diff matches!!!

Radaga

International Coach
I am going to play a 2 match test series as Australia vs Zimbabwe. It will be intresting to see if it produces a realistic result.

Rahul

International Cricketer
hi ravi...patch is good but can i suggest some improvements?

first of all the sweep shot and the front foot late cut as i've already told u

secondly.....with the defensive field when i defend the ball always goes to mid wicket ish and it'salways an easy single

the front foot square drive mostly gets a boundary....the power cut shot and square drive always are very well timed and go for boundaries..there is no fielder there...the fielder shud be squarer.....and thirdly try inluding a third man whenever there is no slip.....it's very easy to score there otherwise.....i've included a pic and marked three areas where the fielders can be to make the game tougher!!

thirdly can u improve the cover drive shot??
the down+left+front foot shot....it's very difficult to play that shot.....it will be nice if i can play that shot when fast bowlers bowl pitched up balls outside the off stump.....plzzz try and improve these things to make the patch and the game even better.....this is the best patch i've played with!!!!!

Attachments

• cric1.jpg
    cric1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 180

crick4life

International Cricketer
hi ravi...patch is good but can i suggest some improvements?

first of all the sweep shot and the front foot late cut as i've already told u

secondly.....with the defensive field when i defend the ball always goes to mid wicket ish and it'salways an easy single

the front foot square drive mostly gets a boundary....the power cut shot and square drive always are very well timed and go for boundaries..there is no fielder there...the fielder shud be squarer.....and thirdly try inluding a third man whenever there is no slip.....it's very easy to score there otherwise.....i've included a pic and marked three areas where the fielders can be to make the game tougher!!

thirdly can u improve the cover drive shot??
the down+left+front foot shot....it's very difficult to play that shot.....it will be nice if i can play that shot when fast bowlers bowl pitched up balls outside the off stump.....plzzz try and improve these things to make the patch and the game even better.....this is the best patch i've played with!!!!!

Hi Rahulm5,

Thanks for your feedback mate but its simply not feasible to go on altering the patch and test it all over again. I suppose you are commenting about the Test cricket patch here, arent you? I do get realistic scores and I know its personal preferences but I am happy with the difficulty level currently. The field changes you have suggested can be made to suit you using the field editor available on Cricket 2002 Online website which will give you your desired results. If you can alter and upload those field changes here I can package them in the patch.

As for other fixes like the late cut and sweep shots, I can package those if you can upload me the original saf files as I dont have them anymore. Anyways thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,

Ravi

Last edited:

kewldude78

School Cricketer
Hey guys,

I am a relatively new member to this forum and I havent posted much yet. But I did give ur Test Patches a try over the last few days and reading so much about them in this thread. And I must tell u, that the patches r really good. It makes the game much more realistic. I mean India(Me) losing to Australia(CPU) in Australia sounds pretty realistic, huh ?? Without the patch, there was no way India could have lost even in the hard mode.

The match was in Sydney on a normal pitch and good weather. Australi batted first and I havent bowled much before so I could only restrict them to 426. Thats still pretty good considering they were crusing at 310 for 4 at one stage. The bowling is quite fun with ur bowling patch and the CPU does play sensibly rather than go all out and smash the bowling. I had good success with the fast bowlers with Zaheer picking up 5 for something and Agarkar with 3 wkts.

When it was my time to bat, I found it pretty difficult to start with, for every batsman. I mean, u really have to defend a lot of balls before playing some strokes (as Chopra found out when he tried to drive at a widish delivery and was caught comfortably in the slips early on). India folded up for 228 in the first innings with Sehwag the last man out for 126. Talk about having to play urself into the game and then play ur shots huh !!! The opener surviving till the end of the innings and having to face 250 odd balls for his 126.

In the second innings, India fared a little better putting up 254 with the other opener, Chopra, hitting a patient maiden century(110). Not much support from the others except Bangar(42). Most of them got out becoz I played some shots which need not have been played. Anyways, Aussies won by 10 wkts ... pretty realistic.

The best part of the patch was the match lasted for 5 days. I have seen this happen for the first time. It was amazing ... Aussies took a day and 2 sessions to get to 426. And then I took 4 sessions for the Indian first innings and 4 more for the second. Indications of a good patch which make the game more realistic. And the number of edges were also quite good.

Really a very good patch. I'm not so sore about losing as I am glad that now it does feel worth playing the game. Havent tried out the ODI patches yet.

Anyways, I had a question for u guys. I havent done much bowling yet and so I need some tips on getting batsmen out behind the wickets. On a normal pitch, it was just impossible for me to get the edges. Most of my wickets were leg befores or caught while cutting or pulling etc. None behind the wicket. Need some tips on bowling guys.

Hope this feedback on the patch helps. Didnt get screenshots this time but will get them for the next match. I'm already playing the 2nd test of the series at Brisbane. Aussies not looking so good this time in the 1st innings - 75 for 3 rite now. Will keep updating.

Kewldude

kewldude78

School Cricketer
Another request ... can someone please give me their keyboard settings with which u can play all the shots.

I cannot play the ondrive with my settings ... cover drive for the left handers. I dont know what the problem is ... when i press the required keys, the batsman just stands there. Someone please post their keyboard controls.

Kewldude

Radaga

International Coach
hey, i also get that problem with the cover drive, but i get it when i play aggresive cover drive with a right hander.
As for your help on bowling, i usually just keep it on a good length, pitching on off stump and move it away, it usually results in edges or drives not going very far. Try not to put it on the pads to often or u will get smashed, also anything pitched up too much or short gets smashed.

if you bowl outside off stump sure you have protection in the covers and at mid off.

Users who are viewing this thread