Test match patch Ver 3.0 (Ravi/Crick4life)

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't want to replicate what is different in this patch or anything but the summary of a game using this patch is as below

Please read more about the trial game played using this patch from http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?p=137703#post137703

Out goes my previous two games , both got erased by one of my world cup game.

Although that is bad news there is plenty of good news on the patch front. Do not know how or is it even true but the patch is absolutely bang on. I would have never expected CPU to bat the way it did in this game and that on a wet pitch.

Asia XI were very solid, defended the good balls in particular the balls pitch on or around good length. Asia XI batters were very positive and did not let go a single opportunity to stamp their authority when a bad ball was bowled. I do not still understand how did they even end up batting like this after the dismal effort the first time around. I had to bring on spin fairly early on as my bowlers had lost their mojo(swing ) midway through.

Yunis Khan batted very well untill he was undone playing a back foot straight drive and the ball kept a tad low off Flintoff. Sehwag was the best on display as well as Rahul. Asia XI defended very well and played variety of shots all over to simply frustrate the World XI (I am bowling as World XI). There were 2-3 edges either not carrying or not heading to a fielder which is pretty good too given the pitch.

Normally spin bowlers bowl very tightly and the CPU do not normally play smartly against the spinners but this time around Warne was cover drove, swept, pulled and was even on drove by Sehwag and Rahul. When Warne switched to around the wicket the batters padded a lot of balls which is just surprising and occassionally attempted sweep or glance.

I just hope it is not just me experiencing this kind of result and wanted to make sure you guys get similar result with this patch. Although I haven't tested the batting as much despite being easy to bat batting long hours without getting out will be a challenge IMO. Although I was able to hit the balls crisply not all the time I was able to score runs enough.

Please download the patch as well as the field setup in the zip file and try it out. I know most people don't prefer to leave feedback it would be nice if you just confirm my opinion about this patch.

The patch is attached, use the config editor to import the AI patch and Graphics Editor 3 to import field setup.

Last edited:

MWaugh

International Coach
yeh ravi ill test it out aswell and let you know

crick4life

International Cricketer
Sorry guys, please download again. Wrong version of the patch uploaded before.

Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Sorry Colin, just a little update to the field set up. Please download this one again.

Last edited:

gold639

International Coach
I'm looking forward playing with this patch

I'll post a review soon :)

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I finally got a chance to use it (first time I've used Sam's new exe properly too).
On a normal pitch with overcast conditions I was England v Bangladesh.
Pacing was good and so was swing. I had Javed Omar clean bowled and Bashar caught at slip fending away a wide one. Wickets were much harder to get once the ball started swinging less. I managed to take the last 5 with Ashley Giles instead as pace was getting me nowhere. Ian Bell managed to go for 27 off his 2 overs. Worst part was that I kept beating the outside edge through to the keeper but never got any thin edges (barely got any edges tbh).
Batting was a complete disaster. Strauss went first ball driving to first slip. I decided to knuckle down and play defensively. Leave outside off and only play the balls on the stumps. I still edged it twice playing defensively and was lucky to be dropped. Tresco out to an inswinger that went round the outside edge of the bat!
Thorpe out lbw to a leg stump yorker that I couldn't hit. I couldn't hit anything on the legs in fact... Vaughan runout (don't ask) and Ian Bell clean bowled by a inswinger that ripped through everything, pitching outside off and hitting middle and leg!
Score 12/6 (byes 5)...
At this point I gave up. I couldn't score a run and my batsmen were lasting an average of about 5 balls.
TBH this is pretty useless feedback on the AI patch as all that it tells you is that I haven't played with the new exe before and don't normally have cursor hiding (+ I'm crap at the game). I might just go back to the old exe for this series...

crick4life

International Cricketer
Sorry to hear that Colin, pretty sad you couldn't score with much ease. I have an update of this patch, will download it shortly.

Firstly when you are bowling with this patch you have to follow few field set ups and where you would ideally bowl.

• Although it is tempting to bowl outside off with the kind of swing you get don't overbowl just outside off. Try and bowl most balls on the stumps at short of good length. In an over at the most you would want to bowl 1 or 2 outside off. Mostly on damp, wet, green and even to certain extent on normal type of pitch let the pitch do the trick for you. Concentrate on bowling line and length on the stumps but do use the pointer on the ball to swing either side.

• I normally do not overcrowd slip cordon even on green type of pitches. I keep to 3 slips or 2 slips and a gully. Do keep cover and atleast couple of fielders on the leg side to stop those leg glances.

• While playing a test match I noticed the CPU wasn't scoring enough off the spinners and also was getting bowled or was edging one too many to the fielders around the bat. In the update this has been reduced.

• When batting with this patch defense and leaving balls are your best friend. Absolute NO NO to front foot striaght drive and back foot straight drive early on. You could play cut shots and to certain extent the back foot cover drive. I would play the front foot leg glances, back foot leg glance and cut shots quite freely. These are the easy shots to play.

I will upload the updated patch shortly.

Cheers

jonah

International Coach
I started a Test on a green-top and like Colin found the swing impossible to play. I kept getting trapped lbw to front foot defensive shots. I restarted and bowled on a normal wicket and have the Bangars 86/6 after 25 overs. Javed Omar the only batsman who dug in and made 49, until I brought Freddie on and he done him for pace and bolwed him.
Early on I took 2 lovely wickets using the swing of Hoggard, one a peach of a delivery which nipped in and took the top of off stump with the batsman offering no shot :cool: .
A good patch to bowl with Ravi, but looking forward to a hopefully little easier to bat with update :) .

crick4life

International Cricketer
jonah said:
I started a Test on a green-top and like Colin found the swing impossible to play. I kept getting trapped lbw to front foot defensive shots. I restarted and bowled on a normal wicket and have the Bangars 86/6 after 25 overs. Javed Omar the only batsman who dug in and made 49, until I brought Freddie on and he done him for pace and bolwed him.
Early on I took 2 lovely wickets using the swing of Hoggard, one a peach of a delivery which nipped in and took the top of off stump with the batsman offering no shot :cool: .
A good patch to bowl with Ravi, but looking forward to a hopefully little easier to bat with update :) .

Cheers mate, glad to know you enjoy bowling. I enjoy bowling with this patch too and now have tweaked both CPU batting as well as human batting to make batting as well as CPU much better than before.

Just now I played a game bowling this time as India to West Indies :

0 - 10 overs - Wet pitch - WI 33/2
10 - 20 overs - Normal pitch - WI 86/3
20 - 30 overs - Hard pitch - WI 133/3
30 - 40 overs - Dry pitch - WI 167/5
40 - 50 overs - Dusty pitch - WI 208/5
50 - 57 overs - WI all out for 225

I guess the scoreline is pretty fair given WI staged a good comeback with Gayle scoring an excellent 90. In the last 7 overs I knew if I can get 1 wicket I could be seeing the tail and quite naturally Balaji returned the best figures after his last spell.

The highlight of the bowling for me of course was an excellent delivery to get rid of M.Dillon (I know not a great wicket). The ball pitch just on middle and off then just when the batsman shaped to play defense the ball moved really late kissed the edge of the bat to carry chest high to the keeper. Can't bowl a better wicket taking delivery than this one, absolute beauty.

Anyways, the patch is attached. Have a go and see if its much better now. I have reduced the difficulty for defensive shots, increased the movement for a batsman to be able to play a shot and also increased the bat size. Overall it should help both CPU batting as well as ours. Still remember not to play too many shots early the edges will still be around and can make you loose one too many wickets early on.

For the first 5-10 overs don't even bother looking at the score, play for time. On pitches apart from Wet/Damp you can leave on length. The pitches play true and carry nicely to the keeper so even if the ball is on good length. You can afford to leave the ball when its new and on stumps or you could just do with backfoot defense.

Good luck, let me know if you guys need any more changes to this one.

Attachments

• wiind.jpg
    wiind.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Test AI patch Ver 3.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 110

jonah

International Coach
Cheers Ravi, I'll install it and carry on with my match :) .

ahk2578

Club Cricketer
Does this work like sam's exe or this changes the pc gob??i haven't been following this tread....pardon my silly question :upray

crick4life

International Cricketer
This has nothing to do with Sam's exe but using config editor and graphics editor to install these patches changes your GOB file.

Users who are viewing this thread