The Ageing Socceroos: Who'll step up?

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
With Australia getting knocked out of the world cup it means the probable ends of many first XI Socceroos World Cup careers. Many of the best players like Kewell, Chipperfield, Grella, Bresciano and even Tim Chaill might not play in Brazil 2014. Lets also not forget we''ll need a new keeper at I don't think Schwartzer will be playing at age 41.

So who'll step up to all these guys place? Who'll become the new striker or the new goalie. I know that Tommy Oar's suppose to be the next big thing, but who else will there be?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Vidosic, Rukavytsya, Oar, Holland, Danning, Lowry, Williams are the youngsters I think will be there (assuming we even make it) Brad Jones will probably keep. Holman and Valeri and Jedinak should still be playing. Wilkshire might be.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Hmmm, I haven't heard of many of those players as of yet and neither has most general Aussies. Their developement is crucial and will need to be playing in a higher standard than the A-League (lets face it, it's ████ ATM).

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Only Danning in that list is playing in the A-League :p

A-League is great to watch as a supporter imo. The quality is even. Players are coming back to play in it - Carle and Culina etc. Then you've got Sterjoski, Fowler and Coyne at Perth for example. It's decent

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Great, now my other psot looks like a fail post. Anyway, I'm saying that the A-League won't get you ready for the quality opposition of the World Cup.

Maybe Australia needs more friendlies against top countries?

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I always thought in the first season of A-League when I used to watch it a bit that Nick Carle was an absolute gun. Is he gonnna be any good now?

Users who are viewing this thread